PDA

View Full Version : event barns in the winston-salem area?

porter83
Dec. 16, 2009, 01:11 PM
Does anyone know of a reputable event barn/trainer in the winston-salem, nc area? all i've been able to find thus far is a plethra of hunter/jumper barns.

i moved here a year ago without my horse (left her behind with my trainer for her school program), and have been itching to get back into it.

any info anyone can give me would be a HUGE help... i'd hate to get sucked back into the h/j world ;)

thanks in advance!

sam1979
Dec. 16, 2009, 04:57 PM
Hi there and welcome to the area-
There are several barns around. It really depends on excatly what you are looking for. Upper level barn/ tranier? A barn that has eventing clients?etc... Let me know- I might be able to suggest some barns- ;)

shea'smom
Dec. 16, 2009, 07:40 PM
I have a eventing barn near Winston. We are very family friendly. There is info at my website.

porter83
Dec. 17, 2009, 09:12 AM
I'm looking for a barn that has some decent school horses available, possibly interested in a half lease. It would be a huge plus if the barn had CC on site, but I know that can be hard to come by....I was spoiled rotten in OKC. Somewhere that offers clinics would be great...or even a trainer willing to travel for lessons.

As of right now I'm riding with a friend who is big into HJ in the area at a barn that is pretty much defunct (though still is a nice facility, just few boarders). I may be half leasing another girl's close to 20 year old TB who is apparently still doing jumpers at 3'9"... I think the owner would be cool with me taking some dressage lessons on him and doing some schooling events for now.