PDA

View Full Version : Cool Surprise Came In The Mail!

Auburn
Dec. 16, 2009, 01:38 PM
I received a large envelope from the USEA. Inside, there was a "Blue Ribbon Award" for Tess and me.

It is a very nice certificate. Thanks, USEA! :D I really appreciate them taking the time to recognize a BN Smurf.

It seems trivial, especially when so many Americans are hurting (my son just lost his job), but even small things can brighten your day.

Would you please share your good, horse related, holiday surprises for this year?

Catalina
Dec. 16, 2009, 01:54 PM
Congrats!!! :)

My husband was jobless for almost two months and didn't get unemployment (his former company= :mad: :mad: :mad:). Living on just my income was tough- but at least show season was over ;). He just started a new job that is much better overall (including pay) then the old one :).

As far as good horse related things go, I got two big ol' red ribbons in the mail the other day for finishing 2nd on the Novice leaderboard :D. Big thanks USEA!

Edited to add that yesterday both my boys got a Blue Ribbon Award for Novice which was a really nice suprise :).

FlightCheck
Dec. 16, 2009, 05:56 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!!

And don't belittle the sweat and tears it took to earn it.

SuperEventer
Dec. 16, 2009, 06:53 PM
I was pleasantly surprised when I received a "Blue Ribbon Award" for Prelim today in the mail! I wasn't expecting that at all! Yay! :)

GPD123
Dec. 16, 2009, 06:56 PM
Me too!

jubilee.eventing
Dec. 16, 2009, 06:59 PM
Congrats!
I had the same experience the other day for novice...

EmmyTheHemi
Dec. 16, 2009, 07:27 PM
I liked my surprise too! Thanks, USEA. I was going to show it to the pony, but I figured he'd just snort on it. :D

Foxhall
Dec. 16, 2009, 08:02 PM
what do you have to do to get one of these???

Zu Zu
Dec. 16, 2009, 09:02 PM
Congratulations ! A very nice surprise indeed. Jingles for your son finding a new job quickly.

midnightride
Dec. 16, 2009, 10:20 PM
i think it is great the way the USEA is attempting to award people for staying at a level and being good at it!!! it might help in the long run, if "you" think you will be rewarded for not only being in the ribbons once at a level but to do it several times over a season may encourage people to not jump up levels fast.... the riders and horses will benefit from this!!!!! in the metal program you have to do 3 different courses, this gets people out more and more exposure to terrain, footing, climate and jumps..... hopefully in the long run these awards will build a stronger eventing community:)
way to go USEA:D:D

oh by the way- totally cried when i opened mine, it was on the way home after a lesson , this was the first time i had ridden her in 4 months after an injury kept her from the fall season....

mjedge808
Dec. 17, 2009, 11:25 AM
From the USEA website:
It's based on a competition year, so everything starts fresh in 2010.

Blue Ribbon Program Qualifications

Certificate of Horse & Rider Achievement (Beginner Novice)

- The horse and rider (team) must be qualified together.
- The horse and rider must have an active USEA Membership at the time of the competitions.
- The horse and rider must have completed three or more events at the Beginner Novice level during the same competition year.

Blue Ribbon Award (Beginner Novice through Advanced)

- The horse and rider (team) must be qualified together.
- The horse and rider must have an active USEA Membership at the time of the competitions.
- The horse and rider must place 1st through 3rd at three events in the same level (Beginner Novice through Advanced) during the same competition year.

pinkdiamondracing
Dec. 17, 2009, 12:36 PM
Auburn--
What a wonderful surprise for you and Tess!!!
I bet that it is even more special considering all that Tess has been through in the last year.
Congratulations, and give my girl a big kiss from me!!!
Genie