PDA

View Full Version : Tattoo look up? (i know, i know SORRY!)

littletuna
Dec. 15, 2009, 10:13 PM
I know you all are getting tired of these, but if anyone has access to tattoo look ups (thoroughbred) that would be great!

Would just like to know markings and ages of these two tattoos:

U22694
U22644

trying to figure out which one matches a black tb gelding, blaze two hind socks.

Thanks in advance!

InVA
Dec. 15, 2009, 10:22 PM
https://www.equineline.com/registry.cfm?page=tattooLanding

its free to register and look up tattoos...

danceronice
Dec. 15, 2009, 10:26 PM
I ran these already. 694 is Kathy's Boy but has no white markings, 644 is a mare named Moonshadow Road, also no markings, at least face and hind legs.

danceronice
Dec. 15, 2009, 10:30 PM
PS: Are they SURE of the tattoo? When I look at the pictures and run a partial/markings search using U2***4, the closest match I get is U29764, Shirley's Fantasy, a bay horse whose markings look close to the pictures.

Star and connected irregular stripe, narrowing on bridge of nose, widening and becoming bordered flesh colored above nostrils, extending and ending between nostrils, into right nostril; median cowlick at bottom of eye level. Left hind: half pastern white, extending on ankle in back; dark spots on coronet. Right hind: ankle white, extending to quarter white stocking on inside; dark spots on coronet.

But I can't see the hind socks well in the pictures and they're obviously not close up enough to lsee cowlicks.

ETA: Shirley's Fantasy no longer appears in the name book, which I've been told on here means that he has neither raced nor had a foal registered by him in the last five years. So even though he turns up as a Horse in the tattoo search that does just mean the last time the Jockey Club heard of him (at least five years ago) he was intact. He may have been gelded and they were never notified.