PDA

View Full Version : GO WATCH NOW- Bruce, Buck and Denny

Jleegriffith
Dec. 15, 2009, 07:20 PM
Whether you watch via the USEA site or Eventing Nation the talk given by Bruce, Buck and Denny is 50 min of pure horsemanship. I could listen to them talk about their life and methods of training horses for hours. Really good stuff and thank you to all those who have blogged about it and those who video taped for the rest of us to listen. A bit of motivation to keep working hard through this crappy weather we are having in the mid atlantic.

Regal Grace
Dec. 15, 2009, 07:28 PM
I enjoyed it immensely!!!! The presentation was about breeding but the covered other topics as well. They should do more lectures....especially Bruce. I loved his perspective on breeding, horsemanship and generally life and how you should live it. Thanks to the USEA for posting the video and hope they will post the Hall of Fame awards speeches as well.

GreyDun
Dec. 15, 2009, 07:32 PM
Here's the link: http://useventing.com/blog/?p=7433

Also, if you have slow internet connection at home, you can also download the files - they're huge, but worth the wait. :D

Enjoy!

Foxhall
Dec. 15, 2009, 08:37 PM
I just watched now, I've been waiting since they mentioned someone took video of the convention. It was everything I thought it would be!!!

Trak_Eventer
Dec. 15, 2009, 09:02 PM
WOW!! what a great lecture! :yes:

jollytrak
Dec. 15, 2009, 09:18 PM
WOW!! what a great lecture! :yes:

DITTO!

Badger
Dec. 15, 2009, 10:11 PM
Fabulous! Thanks for posting about it.

Gry2Yng
Dec. 15, 2009, 10:57 PM
Loved it.

BBowen
Dec. 16, 2009, 12:47 AM
I was at that session and all I can say is WOW. Totally educational and it was so easy to get emersed in every word. It ended WAY too soon!!!

Blugal
Dec. 16, 2009, 01:44 PM
Great video, watched it last night until I HAD to go to bed... will finish it tonight.

caevent
Dec. 16, 2009, 03:54 PM
Wonderful lecture - those 50 minutes just blew by. I also have to say that eventingnation is my new favorite website! Well done!

GreyDun
Dec. 17, 2009, 12:52 PM
Hall of Fame videos posted!

http://useventing.com/blog/?p=7441

Cheval Gris
Dec. 17, 2009, 03:24 PM
The hall of fame videos had me teared up! I love the video/music combos.

gardenie
Dec. 18, 2009, 07:51 AM
I agree this was a very informative lecture, timeless information that brings us back to what horsemanship really is.

flutie1
Dec. 18, 2009, 08:54 AM
I enjoyed it immensely!!!! The presentation was about breeding but the covered other topics as well. They should do more lectures....especially Bruce. I loved his perspective on breeding, horsemanship and generally life and how you should live it. Thanks to the USEA for posting the video and hope they will post the Hall of Fame awards speeches as well.

Absolutely agree. This presentation - especially Bruce's input - should be required listening for anyone who events!
And as Lucinda asked in the meeting - where were the people who should have been listening to it????

Carol Ames
Dec. 21, 2009, 12:30 PM
This, too, must wait until
i get home and back to my own computer and FIOS;):)I can see I will spend MANY hours happily watching videos, and more:winkgrin:I had hoped to be out of here by Christmas but, sadly, that will not happen; I am plotting now to sneak out:winkgrin: to the Christmas eve srevice at Truro, in Fairfax; but, would have to return to the home here:( that night; last year I was unconscious and inubated at this time; so, I should be happy?:(:confused:You know, I actually do miss trudging through the snow to feed, and water the horses , assuming I had proper clothing which I had accumulated by the last year

i actually did that, 1998; :lol: Strange the things we miss isn't it?:confused:the bright sunny days like today with the fresh fallen snow; remember that, those of you who are out dealing with our "record:eek: snowfall; love the little things , how the dogs manage the snow, the birds swooping down to take a bit of grain; laugh and be glad:yes:!They, the psych doctors, tell you not to:no: think about what you have lost but, truthfully, it was those memories;) which kept me from losing my mind:mad: and giving up in the dark days right after the first stroke:eek:; so, stockpile the memories:yes:; you never know what life has in store for you:confused:; enjoy what you have and can do now;); tell those who, have made a difference in your life:cool:, how much they mean to you, really need that heart/ love emoticon!:winkgrin:

Carol Ames
Dec. 21, 2009, 12:31 PM
This, too, must wait until
i get home and back to my own computer and FIOS;):)I can see I will spend MANY hours happily watching videos, and more:winkgrin:I had hoped to be out of here by Christmas but, sadly, that will not happen; I am plotting now to sneak out:winkgrin: to the Christmas eve service at Truro, in Fairfax; but, would have to return to the home here:( that night; last year I was unconscious and inubated at this time; so, I should be happy?:(:confused:You know, I actually do miss trudging through the snow to feed, and water the horses , assuming I had proper clothing which I had accumulated by the last year

i actually did that, 1998; :lol: Strange the things we miss isn't it?:confused:the bright sunny days like today with the fresh fallen snow; remember that, those of you who are out dealing with our "record:eek: snowfall; love the little things , how the dogs manage the snow, the birds swooping down to take a bit of grain; laugh and be glad:yes:!They, the psych doctors, tell you not to:no: think about what you have lost but, truthfully, it was those memories;) which kept me from losing my mind:mad: and giving up in the dark days right after the first stroke:eek:; so, stockpile the memories:yes:; you never know what life has in store for you:confused:; enjoy what you have and can do now;); tell those who, have made a difference in your life:cool:, how much they mean to you, really need that heart/ love emoticon!:winkgrin:

Merry Fox
Dec. 21, 2009, 04:16 PM
Is anyone else having trouble viewing the videos? I can hear the audio but the images are frozen or very slow. I usually don't have trouble viewing things from this website. :(

OneMoreForTheRoad
Dec. 22, 2009, 11:48 AM
Loved their lecture, and the HOF video :)
and Bruce gave me my new favorite quote: "The thoroughbred horse is an athlete, it is also the heavy cream I’m talking about, it usually rises to the top."