PDA

View Full Version : Adding insulation to Neck of GN trailer?

Tasker
Dec. 14, 2009, 10:14 PM
So we had our GN customized with a possible future redo when we bought it. The neck of the GN has airtight doors to the horse section of the trailer. I'd like to add some insulation to make camping next year a bit warmer/cooler, if possible.

Would anyone have any tips for insulating the interior of a Jamco? There are safety windows - fip up and away for emergency escape - and it is carpeted with 110v outlets.

I'm not looking to rig it out like an RV or anything, just a bit more climate control. :)

TIA.

AppJumpr08
Dec. 14, 2009, 10:32 PM
What does the ceiling look like? The ceiling of my gooseneck was just the skin of the trailer over the frame ribs, and I used foil covered foam board to insulate it - just cut the foam board to fit between the ribs of the trailer, and glued it up.
I slept in it for a whole winter in Ocala one year, and froze my assets off until I put up the insulation - after that, it was super easy to cook myself right out with the tiny ceramic heater I had.

Bluey
Dec. 15, 2009, 07:25 AM
Call commercial builders and ask who does spray insulation.
Get them to spray insulation on any GN walls you want to insulate and enjoy.
Should not cost much on that small space.

We did that with our well house.
We made it portable, took it to the foam insulating place, they sprayed it and we took it back and bolted it in place.
Stays toasty in there with a well heater thru below 0F.

ZELLA
Dec. 15, 2009, 09:33 AM
I used the rolls of insulation that look like silver bubble-wrap. It's a bit more expensive than the foam-board insulation, but very easy to work with in the rounded corners of the nose. I molded the stuff right over the ribs. I was originally going to finish it with paneling or something similar, but I kind of like the feeling of being inside a disco ball, so I left it as is.