PDA

View Full Version : RIP Cooper

Kaelurus
Dec. 14, 2009, 10:25 PM
:cry:

I just read Jennie's blog, updated today, and they have decided that Cooper's fight is over.

Jennie, my condolences to you. You were lucky to have known him.

Hunter Princess
Dec. 14, 2009, 10:28 PM
Just saw this.... thoughts and prayers are with Jennie. RIP Coop, you were an amazing horse.

CookiePony
Dec. 14, 2009, 10:29 PM
Oh, I am so very sad about this. Godspeed Cooper. My prayers are with Jennie.

ShowMeTheGlory
Dec. 14, 2009, 10:31 PM
Just saw this on Facebook-soooo sorry!

Lisa Cook
Dec. 14, 2009, 10:31 PM
Oh, this is very sad news, indeed. My thoughts go out to all involved with this lovely horse.

TampaBayEquine
Dec. 14, 2009, 10:33 PM
Oh my ~ how heartbreaking... I am just so sorry...RIP Cooper, my deepest condolences to Jennie.

corgigirl14
Dec. 14, 2009, 10:41 PM
From Jennie's COTH Post:

"He was a champion, and I hope that he will be remembered for what he was and could be. I didn’t deserve Cooper, and what he gave me in four years was more than any other horse ever could and will..."

You are a class act Jennie. Your poise and maturity throughout this entire ordeal was very impressive.

So sorry to hear about Cooper, but you made the right decision for him. My thoughts are with you during this difficult time.

RunForIt
Dec. 14, 2009, 10:43 PM
Cooper never stopped competing - Jennie, your brave boy never gave up, and you never let him hurt. Brave team, you and Cooper. Long may you run...

quietann
Dec. 14, 2009, 10:45 PM
/cries :cry:

Thank you Jennie for giving Cooper the best you could.

cottagefarm
Dec. 14, 2009, 10:47 PM
RIP Cooper and healing prayers Jennie :cry:

flutie1
Dec. 14, 2009, 10:48 PM
God speed Cooper.

bornfreenowexpensive
Dec. 14, 2009, 10:49 PM
crap. so sorry to read this. Thoughts and prayers are with him, Jennie and those that cared for him. He was a very cool horse.

Trak_Eventer
Dec. 14, 2009, 10:50 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with you Jennie. So sorry for your lose. He seemed like such an amazing horse. Rest In Peace Cooper...

GotSpots
Dec. 14, 2009, 10:58 PM
Oh Jennie. I'm so, so sorry. We've been there. It sucks. Horses are so incredibly fragile sometimes, and they can break your heart so fast. Call any of us if we can be of help. You're in our thoughts and prayers.

Snapdragon
Dec. 14, 2009, 11:01 PM
Well, that just broke my heart. Jennie, wishing you the very best.

Grataan
Dec. 14, 2009, 11:02 PM
G)(*&!t!

Condolences to Jennie. RIP Coop.

Mara
Dec. 14, 2009, 11:08 PM
Effing laminitis.
I loved that big beautiful gray dude. I'm so sorry for Jennie and everyone who was close to Cooper.

eventrider
Dec. 14, 2009, 11:09 PM
Big hugs Jennie. Everything happens for a reason, whether we know it at the time or not. You are in my thoughts. I am so sorry.

Christan

CiegoStar
Dec. 14, 2009, 11:10 PM
I am so sorry to read this. Rest in peace, Cooper.

SuperEventer
Dec. 14, 2009, 11:12 PM
My condolences.... So sad. My heart goes out to you, Jennie....

lucky dog farm
Dec. 14, 2009, 11:13 PM
It is with tears in my eyes that I read this. I am so sorry for your loss Jennie. You and Cooper where and always will be a class act. RIP Cooper. Hope you are flying free.

tuppysmom
Dec. 14, 2009, 11:17 PM
We are so so sorry! Been there.

McVillesMom
Dec. 14, 2009, 11:39 PM
So sorry for your loss. :cry: RIP Cooper.

Zu Zu
Dec. 14, 2009, 11:43 PM
So sorry to read this ~ RIP COOPER. Thoughts and prayers for all who loved him and helped him throughout his struggle.

Ritazza
Dec. 14, 2009, 11:43 PM
Oh no :cry::cry::cry: What a cool horse. I am so sorry :( :(

*jumper*
Dec. 14, 2009, 11:48 PM
RIP, Cooper. You were a superstar and will be dearly missed. Condolences to Jennie and her team :(

Lori T
Dec. 14, 2009, 11:49 PM
Just saw this on facebook. I am so sorry, my deepest condolences.

ddashaq
Dec. 14, 2009, 11:53 PM
So sorry to hear this. My thoughts are with his people.:(

RIP Cooper.

clm08
Dec. 14, 2009, 11:54 PM
So sorry to read this... Godspeed Cooper.

Cheval Gris
Dec. 14, 2009, 11:57 PM
So sorry to read this...threw me for a loop. Godspeed the Brannigan team

Lamma70
Dec. 15, 2009, 12:00 AM
So sorry to hear about Cooper. I was really hoping he would pull through. I just lost my good dog Sammy, so my heart is with you right now. I just keep thinking we will see them "over the rainbow bridge."

shea'smom
Dec. 15, 2009, 12:00 AM
well, bless his heart. What a good boy he was for his mom.

lovemyoldguy
Dec. 15, 2009, 12:07 AM
Oh, damn. Jennie, I am so very sorry. Rest in peace, Cooper.

Threeday33
Dec. 15, 2009, 12:09 AM
Words can not express how terrible I feel for Jennie. What a terrific horse and a great combination! Sorry for your loss, Jennie...

FuzzyTB
Dec. 15, 2009, 12:15 AM
Simply heartbreaking. My thoughts and prayers are with Jennie as well as the whole Brannigan team.

Big Spender
Dec. 15, 2009, 12:22 AM
I was hoping for the best for this pair. So sad to end this way! Thoughts are with you all!

Dec. 15, 2009, 12:27 AM
Jennie, my heart just breaks for you, I am so very, very sorry. A thousand hugs from all of us you've never met, who have you in our thoughts and prayers.

ohhthatgirl
Dec. 15, 2009, 12:40 AM
My condolences for Jennie and her team. What a special horse. Rest in peace, Cooper.

carrie_girl
Dec. 15, 2009, 01:02 AM
Godspeed beautiful boy, and big hugs to Jennie and all that loved him

Carried Away
Dec. 15, 2009, 01:05 AM
How heartbreaking! :( I was really hoping Cooper would pull through...he had a style and exuberance that cannot be matched. Deepest condolences to Jennie during this difficult time.

Dec. 15, 2009, 01:05 AM
:cry: Jennie, I am so very sorry for your loss. Remember all the happy times you had with Cooper.

3 Day Ranch
Dec. 15, 2009, 01:25 AM
Somewhere in time's own space
There must be some sweet pastured place
Where creeks sing on and tall trees grow
Some paradise where horses go,
For by the love that guides my pen
I know great horses live again.
~Stanley Harrison

BBowen
Dec. 15, 2009, 02:19 AM
Was totally not expecting to read this when I logged on. Jennie, I am so very sorry to hear about Cooper. You two were a remarkable team and a joy to watch. He will always be in your heart. RIP Cooper.

Shrapnel
Dec. 15, 2009, 04:13 AM
So sad to hear. My condolences to everyone involved.

RIP Cooper

Foxhall
Dec. 15, 2009, 08:06 AM
Jennie I am sooooo sorry this happened to you! I loved watching you and Cooper and followed your blogs through all your adventures. This news makes my heart break!!! So so devastated for you

IFG
Dec. 15, 2009, 08:09 AM
Jennie,

I am so sorry. The cascading events starting with such an unexpected accident must be overwhelming. You have my most sincere condolences.

gully's pilot
Dec. 15, 2009, 08:20 AM
Jennie, my best wishes to you and your family. I'm so sorry.

cinnabar
Dec. 15, 2009, 08:21 AM
So sorry Jennie, you did everything you could for Cooper and he was lucky to have you. Being a good horseman is so hard.

hugs to you

eventersmom
Dec. 15, 2009, 08:40 AM
Jennie, you fought so hard and so gracefully for Cooper and he fought equally hard for you. I'm so sorry to hear that you lost your beautiful boy. God bless.

Ishi
Dec. 15, 2009, 08:47 AM
Godspeed Cooper :(

FairWeather
Dec. 15, 2009, 08:54 AM
What an absolute shame. I remember watching Coopers showjumping round at Morven and thinking, "It will be fun to see them go around Rolex, I can't wait!"
What an amazing animal to have grace your life, I'm so sorry for your loss.

mcorbett
Dec. 15, 2009, 09:59 AM
He was beautiful, Jennie. You were lucky to have him, yes, and he was lucky to have you. Godspeed, Cooper. We will take turns riding you in heaven :)

asterix
Dec. 15, 2009, 10:10 AM
So, so sad. We all will miss watching such a beautiful athlete. Unfortunately, too many of us know how heartbreaking it is to lose a partner in this way. We are thinking of you.

denny
Dec. 15, 2009, 10:13 AM
We`re all very sorry to hear that that this story ended this way.

We`re thinking of you.

monstrpony
Dec. 15, 2009, 10:18 AM
I have been wondering and worrying. What an absolute tragedy. I am so, so sorry to all of Cooper's people, and especially to Jennie.

3horsemom
Dec. 15, 2009, 10:38 AM
i am so sorry for your loss. it is the sport's loss as well for you both were the eptiome of class and grace. may cooper rest in peace.

roki143
Dec. 15, 2009, 10:42 AM
Godspeed Cooper

jredmon
Dec. 15, 2009, 11:03 AM
So sorry for Jennie's loss. Peace be with you.

eventerwannabe
Dec. 15, 2009, 11:07 AM
Jennie - I'm so sorry for your loss. Cooper was a great horse! Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Deby

missamandarose
Dec. 15, 2009, 11:08 AM
Cooper never stopped competing - Jennie, your brave boy never gave up, and you never let him hurt. Brave team, you and Cooper. Long may you run...

Ditto and Amen. My condolences to all.

judybigredpony
Dec. 15, 2009, 11:30 AM
My heart felt condolences , it never gets easy.
He lived the good life and you did RIGHT by him all they way.....

Auburn
Dec. 15, 2009, 11:42 AM
I am so very sorry for your loss. RIP Cooper, as you sail over the Rainbow Bridge.

TxEventer81
Dec. 15, 2009, 11:45 AM
Jennie... I'm so so so sorry for your loss. Unfortunately I know you're pain too well. I hope you rest easier knowing that you did right by Cooper and now he is running free. You both absolutely deserved each other! :sadsmile:

Catalina
Dec. 15, 2009, 11:49 AM
I am so sorry to read this :cry:. RIP Cooper.

CMCEventer
Dec. 15, 2009, 11:49 AM
Jennie -
All thoughts with you today. My heart broke when I read the news - I cannot begin to imagine how yours feels at the moment. Thanks to you and Cooper for being an inspiration. If you could ask Cooper if eventing with you meant everything to him, I think you know he would say YES! The years you spent together were all he wanted in the world. I hope that brings you some comfort during this tragic time. As everyone else has said, lots and lots of hugs.

Brandy76
Dec. 15, 2009, 11:54 AM
I am so very sorry.

Is there anything we can do as a group for her? Some memorial?

foxhavenfarm
Dec. 15, 2009, 12:01 PM
So very sorry for your loss. RIP Cooper.

fooler
Dec. 15, 2009, 12:04 PM
STINK!
Had hoped that the lack of info meant things were going well. So sorry that you have to make this decision. <<<Hugs>>>>

MintHillFarm
Dec. 15, 2009, 12:11 PM
I am so very sorry to hear the worst, tragic news about your wonderful Cooper.
My sincerest sympathy to you.

Halfhalt08
Dec. 15, 2009, 01:20 PM
My thought and prayers are with you from Illinois. You guys made a great team and Cooper will be remembered for a long time.

gold2012
Dec. 15, 2009, 01:39 PM
Jennie,

I am so sorry about Cooper. You are such a class act, nice, honest, and humble. He was an awesome horse. I wanted to post the rainbow poem...but I am sure someone already has. We lost a horse on Friday the
13th, and it hurt really bad. We had him for 17 years, and there is no one that can make the hurt go away. But we have prayers for you.

RIP COOPER, you were FANTASTIC. Say hi to Bear for Us.

LAZ
Dec. 15, 2009, 01:42 PM
Adding my condolences--it is really hard to fight such a valiant fight and still know when the right time is to say when.

I hope the pain for you and yours passes quickly and the good times stay strong in your memories.

Horsegal984
Dec. 15, 2009, 02:47 PM
RIP Cooper. Jennie I'm so sorry for your loss. He was a great horse and will be missed by all.

Artfulldodger
Dec. 15, 2009, 03:06 PM
So sorry you were an awesome team. Rest in peace Cooper.

CANTEREOIN
Dec. 15, 2009, 03:22 PM
My prayers are for you... so sorry for your loss!

JFS
Dec. 15, 2009, 03:42 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. Cooper was the best!

Jackie

WNT
Dec. 15, 2009, 03:56 PM
I think it is because our horses give so, so much and ask for so little in return that they can break our hearts so deeply. I haven't been in the position to have to make that decision, but it has to be one of the hardest to make. My condolences to Jennie and the rest of Cooper's crew.

retreadeventer
Dec. 15, 2009, 03:58 PM
As with most things, when the horse's life is ended, everyone is sad, and feels for the owners and connections. I'm feeling all of that, plus this: I am glad he is through with the suffering. It is hard to watch a horse go through what this horse went through, and it teaches you a lot of hard lessons. You look back and second guess all of your decisions, and try and find a way to justify the things that were done to save his life. In the end you know you have to let him go and as hard as that is, it's the right thing.

You never want to wish that on anyone and you never want to hear it has to be done to someone's horse.

You always are different afterwards.

Nothing can prevent accidents. Nothing prepares you for disasters. You only hope and pray you can get through them if they happen.

Godspeed, Cooper. Condolences to Jennie.

KBG Eventer
Dec. 15, 2009, 04:29 PM
:( Jennie, I am so sorry for your loss, and I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. You did the right thing.

piaffequeen
Dec. 15, 2009, 05:36 PM
Don't Cry For The Horses
By: Susan Humphrey

They were ours as a gift, but never to keep,
As they close their eyes forever to sleep.
Their spirits unbound,
On silver wings they fly.
A million white horses,
Against the blue sky.
Look up into heaven,
You'll see them above.
The horses we lost,
The horses we loved.
Manes and tails flowing,
As they gallop through time,
They were never yours- they were never mine.
Don't cry for the horses,
They'll be back some day.
When our time is gone,
They will show us the way.
Do you hear that soft nicker?
Close to your ear?
Don't cry for the horses,
Love the ones that are here.

Jennie-My deepest sympathies and thoughts are with you. GODSPEED COOPER!

Liebe-ist-Krieg
Dec. 15, 2009, 05:56 PM
RIP Cooper

clivers
Dec. 15, 2009, 06:06 PM
I was so sad to read this news. I just checked Jennie's blog a couple of days ago and have been keeping my fingers crossed for her and the wonderful Cooper. RIP beautiful horse and hugs to Jennie. What a loss :(

AppJumpr08
Dec. 15, 2009, 06:26 PM
How heartbreaking :(

RIP Cooper. Jennie, my thoughts are with you. He was a lucky guy to have you.

maxxtrot
Dec. 15, 2009, 08:16 PM
jennie, i am so sorry for your loss. my prayers and thoughts are with you and cooper's extended family.RIP COOPER.

Sharon
Dec. 15, 2009, 08:29 PM
Horse, thou art truly a creature without equal,
For thou fliest without wings and conquerst without sword.
The Koran

hookedoneventing
Dec. 15, 2009, 08:53 PM
My thoughts are with you in this time Jennie, the pain is heartwrenching I know. Know that you did everything you could for him, he was lucky to have you on this earth! Cooper was a great one, I will miss reading and following your stories, you guys were a wonderful team!!

ss3777
Dec. 15, 2009, 09:03 PM
condolences from NY, so sorry for your loss....RIP Cooper.

Susan

blackwly
Dec. 15, 2009, 10:49 PM
I've been to a lot of events in my life, but remember very clearly the first time I saw Cooper. I was watching SJ at River Glen, where I believe he was competing in one of his first intermediate HT's. He cantered in and jumped a lovely round with Jennie, and then trotted out. That trot was just like nothing else. My friend turned to me with her jaw dropped and said, "wow. you don't see that every day."

Since then I've followed Cooper and Jennie closely and will always remember him as one of the most beautiful, talented horses I have ever seen. I'm so sad that he is gone. Jennie, I'm so sorry and can't imagine what it is like to lose a horse like that. You've handled it with grace and I wish you much better luck from here on out.

wolfmare
Dec. 16, 2009, 12:51 AM
Wish Jen the peace that Cooper has found.

inquisitive
Dec. 16, 2009, 08:22 AM
Wish I had the chance to see them in person

So sorry for your loss

JennieRose
Dec. 16, 2009, 08:40 AM
I'm so sorry Jennie.

canyonoak
Dec. 16, 2009, 11:07 AM
So sorry that this was the outcome, but without any doubts, the right decisions were made by the human beings who let Cooper go in peace and dignity and who were there for him at the end.
This is how we love our horses.

Altitude Rider
Dec. 16, 2009, 12:04 PM
So very sorry for your loss Jennie.

I hope my boy Ready was there to greet him and they are galloping pain free together on the other side of the rainbow.

robali
Dec. 16, 2009, 01:36 PM
Deepest condolences Jennie and family

riderboy
Dec. 16, 2009, 02:55 PM
Very, very sad. Condolences to all. At times like these words are simply inadequate.

EquineLVR
Dec. 16, 2009, 03:30 PM
Its an awful loss to lose one like him.. my heartfelt condolences and God Speed Cooper - there are many there to greet you.

Shrunk "N" Da Wash
Dec. 16, 2009, 03:37 PM
I am so sorry for all that knew cooper on a personal level especially jennie... It seems all the good ones die before their time :no:

clpony
Dec. 16, 2009, 11:31 PM
You are both the champions of champions,

longrun
Dec. 17, 2009, 08:53 AM
I am so sorry, Jennie, to hear that you had to make that hardest of all decisions. Even when you know it is the right one, it is so damn frustrating. Please know that you and Cooper have many friends and admirers who weep with you today.

Jazzy Lady
Dec. 17, 2009, 10:37 AM
Jennie, I met you and Cooper briefly at Fair Hill this year. What a beautiful boy he was. My heart and prayers go out to you.