PDA

View Full Version : Hey guys - big brag!

elizabeth Callahan
Dec. 14, 2009, 09:28 PM
Now this has to be with a grain of salt, b/c we know the USEF is still not as accurate as it could be ( cough, cough) with breeding statistics, so my fame is fleeting, but I am the LEADING EVENT BREEDER in the US for 2009 . Go US breds!
BTW, Riverman is the leading event sire

paintmare
Dec. 14, 2009, 09:34 PM
Congrats! Your babies are beautiful.

bornfreenowexpensive
Dec. 14, 2009, 09:35 PM
Now this has to be with a grain of salt, b/c we know the USEF is still not as accurate as it could be ( cough, cough) with breeding statistics, so my fame is fleeting, but I am the LEADING EVENT BREEDER in the US for 2009 . Go US breds!
BTW, Riverman is the leading event sire

VERY cool! Congrats! It is well deserved.

RunForIt
Dec. 14, 2009, 09:46 PM
Am so happy for you, Elizabeth!!! The neat, WONDERFUL part of you as a breeder is that you are a RIDER, competitor, breeder...your babies don't work out jumping a fence, or dancing down center line ... you know who to blame. BUT, when they jump fearlessly across the country, float effortlessly through those dressage tests, and come back to spring over stadium fences on the 3rd day, you can hug yourself and those grand mares and stallions that made it happen! WAY TO GO!!!! :yes: :cool:

GilbertsCreeksideAcres
Dec. 14, 2009, 09:49 PM
Congratulations!

JER
Dec. 14, 2009, 09:58 PM
Big congrats!

(And you're right about USEF and record-keeping. Despite repeated requests, my mare's record has not been updated.)

Firefox
Dec. 14, 2009, 10:45 PM
Great Job!! Well deserved!!

Foxtrot's
Dec. 14, 2009, 10:55 PM
Well done, and cute post (sort of humble, yet you are busting with pride!)

And Riverman's son, Royal Appearance, has Raconteur who is going Advanced in the UK. I have a RA daughter and eventing could also be her forte.

Ritazza
Dec. 14, 2009, 11:52 PM
Congrats that is awesome!
What do you think of your Icewaters? They are lovely!

ottb
Dec. 15, 2009, 08:33 AM
Congrats!!! Well deserved!!!!

evntr
Dec. 15, 2009, 10:44 PM
congratulations, very impressive. How's your gray youngster doing? Didn't see you out last fall
Mary

JER
Dec. 15, 2009, 11:33 PM
Well, I checked out the list.

Maybe it changed overnight? elizabeth, it seems you are the new #2 (as a Prisoner fan, I'm giddy at using that line...:lol:)

(I suspect there was a mad dash of updating as my mare's record was suddenly updated today.)

But #1, #2, it's splitting hairs. Still a big deal and a great accomplishment and I know elizabeth has bred a lot of good eventers and deserves major props for it.

Then I took a look at the new #1. Like most of the 'breeders' on the list (myself included), she has one point-earning horse. But here's the funny part. I clicked on her horse's name to see its breeding and it says 'SIRE: UNKNOWN, DAM: UNKNOWN.'

In other words, the top-ranked breeder on the USEF Leading Event Breeder list does not know the breeding of her horse. :lol:

I assume she does know from whence it came and who begat whom on her farm and this is all just a matter of record-keeping with the USEF.

(Also, the list deserves more serious discussion. It's not very useful for learning about event breeders/breeding. Points are scored equally for placings at all levels. So a breeder with one horse with lots of placings at BN will be ranked higher than a breeder with an Advanced horse with a light competition schedule. :confused:)

RunForIt
Dec. 15, 2009, 11:40 PM
Elizabeth or JER, could one of you post the link for checking a horse's breeding....I'll glow a bit if Elizabeth's fantastic foal Slate River's dam is noted...and the breeding on THAT horse IS known. :cool:

Just found it by myself! Awwwww....also have spent the evening listening to Bruce and Denny talk about breeding sport horses. "Mare is 60% of the foal" says Bruce. Kate DID have an EVENTING career after all. :sadsmile:

retreadeventer
Dec. 16, 2009, 10:05 AM
They need to FIX that list.
Whooot, whoot, whoot! Didi!

Clear Blue
Dec. 16, 2009, 12:42 PM
Huge congratulations!

It is so nice to see you get the recognition of more than a decades worth of dedicaton to your program!

eventingismylife
Dec. 18, 2009, 03:04 AM
congrats!!

bornfreenowexpensive
Dec. 18, 2009, 01:11 PM

(Also, the list deserves more serious discussion. It's not very useful for learning about event breeders/breeding. Points are scored equally for placings at all levels. So a breeder with one horse with lots of placings at BN will be ranked higher than a breeder with an Advanced horse with a light competition schedule. :confused:)

yeah..that seems off. For me...I want to know who consistently produces top event horses....or at least more than one nice one (** level and up). There should perhaps be a break down for UL producers v. nice ammy mounts. Both are important...but very different.