View Full Version : Warmest Gloves?

Dec. 14, 2009, 05:26 PM
OK, I admit that I am a wimp. Or I just have bad circulation. Or both. I'm looking for suggestions on the warmest winter riding gloves. What are your favorites?

Dec. 14, 2009, 05:30 PM
Try riding gloves with Thinsulate lining. My hands are ALWAYS freezing, but they SWEAT in those babies! However - you'll sacrifice delicacy of touch on the reins with lined gloves... well worth it to get to ride at all, though!

Dec. 14, 2009, 05:41 PM
heritage winter gloves + silk liners (Dover) are the best I've come up w/ so far...

Dec. 14, 2009, 05:45 PM
Ariat insulated tek grip gloves http://www.equestriancollections.com/product.asp?groupcode=AT00050

+ hand warmers (put them in your palm and they don't really interfere) http://www.activeforever.com/p-5521-heatworks-hand-warmers-m802.aspx

Dec. 14, 2009, 05:47 PM
OH NO!!! I went to find my favorite-ist, buy a pair every other year Columbia gloves and they don't seem to make them any more! WAHHHHH!!! This is the closest on their website now:

Hopefully they are as soft and flexible as the solid black ones they made before. They are officially ski gloves but they are super warm (have to take them off occasionally for my hands to warm up even at zeroF) and I can tack up and ride in them. Guess I better take better care of this last pair. <sniff>

Lisa Cook
Dec. 14, 2009, 05:50 PM
When I need relative amounts of dexterity, for dressage work or jumping, I swear by these:

LOVE them! I also like the elastic wrist cuffs so I can pull them on & off without messing around with velcro closures.

When I'm out doing something like ski joring where I'm out for hours, but I don't need a large amount of dexterity in my hands, I use these with a pair of glove liners:

ssg rancher's gloves (http://www.doversaddlery.com/product.asp?pn=KD-3961&tid=froogleSALE&CATALOG_CODE=1X814&EID=X1814001&zmam=1460880&zmas=1&zmac=49&zmap=KD-3961)

Hands will stay warm for hours with this combination, but actually moving fingers is optional. ;)

Dec. 14, 2009, 06:15 PM
I actually find the Bionic Gloves (Bit of Britain has them) to be incredibly warm. I wear them in subfreezing weather, and they are great!

Dec. 14, 2009, 06:15 PM
I just got these, and so far they are great! They do run small -- with a Medium, I can barely put glove liners in, and I have small hands, but I LOVE them. waterproof, and the wristbands are really handy...

Dec. 14, 2009, 06:43 PM
Kyra K Winter Riding gloves
I am forever grateful to deltawave for recommending these on COTH- these are the only gloves that have kept my hands warm riding in the winter (crappy circulation) and they do not interfere with your grip or feel of the reins. Nothing else even came close to working for me. They are expensive though so I ask for them for Christmas when I need a pair.

Dec. 14, 2009, 08:13 PM

SSG Winter Rancher gloves for me and I am a total baby about cold hands. If my hands are cold I can not function. Love the rancher gloves.

Allagash's mom
Dec. 14, 2009, 08:14 PM
Heritage EXTREME Winter gloves. For as much 'bulk' as they appear to have, you still get an amazing amount of 'feel' with them. Just order a size large. I wear 8s in heritage gloves, but needed a 9 for these.

Just. Awesome.

Dec. 14, 2009, 09:20 PM
I just bought the Heritage winter gloves. I haven't been able to wear them much because they are TOO warm! :lol: They also look stylish enough to wear around the city.