PDA

View Full Version : Horse Racing Fantasy Calendar - fundraiser

YoTambien
Dec. 13, 2009, 08:29 PM
If you haven't had a chance to check them out, please check out the 2010 Horse Racing Fantasy Calendars by artist Pat DeLong:

http://stores.prime-equine.com/StoreFront.bok

The horses featured this year are:
COCONUT MARTINI- saved from a kill pen by Another Chance 4 Horses Rescue, PA
FOREVER TOGETHER - Eclipse Champion Turf Female 2008
LAWYER RON - Eclipse Champion Older Male 2007 RIP
MEDAGLIA D' ORO - Stakes winner & sire of Rachel Alexandra
MINE THAT BIRD - Kentucky Derby winner
NATIVE DANCER - The Grey Ghost, rated 6th racehorse of 20th Century by Blood-Horse
NATIVE DIVER - Elected to the Hall of Fame 1978. Another one we lost too soon RIP
NICANOR - Barbaro's brother, broke his maiden by 15 1/4 lengths
RACHEL ALEXANDRA - SIMPLY INCREDIBLE! 3 yr old Filly of the Year
SUMMER BIRD - Belmont, Travers & Jockey Club Gold Cup- 3 yr old Horse of the Year?
WANDERIN BOY - Broke his leg in his final start RIP
ZENYATTA - 13 for 13 Zen-sational!

The Exceller Fund works with other rescues to help Provide a Future Beyond the Finish Line, and the purchase of a calendar can help us feed two or three horses for a day!

You can order directly from Pat DeLong's website, or if you are near the Lexington, Kentucky area, Niki Smith still has a few available that she can send directly to you. If you are interested, you can send an e-mail to mail@excellerfund.org

Then, all during 2010, you can look at these beautiful images of these wonderful champions and know that you are helping keep their legacy alive!

danceronice
Dec. 13, 2009, 09:48 PM
Link is coming up as page not found.

YoTambien
Dec. 14, 2009, 11:23 AM
Thanks - I'm not sure what happened. I redid the link to the home page. Click on the Calendar to go to the link for ordering. Thank you again for looking. Each calendar sold helps a horse, and you get to view these beautiful images all year.

haligator
Dec. 14, 2009, 11:38 AM
Hi All,
This is an amazing calendar. I've ordered it in the past and adore Pat Delong's work. She is a singular talent and such a great person.

I have to say that her list for the year is right on. When I read Wanderin Boy was on the list I actually burst into tears. I'm just never going to get over what happened to him. I mean, we don't get over any of these tragedies, but Wanderin Boy just really got to me for so many reasons.....

Get the calendar and help The Exceller Fund!

Hallie
Hallie I. McEvoy
Racing Dreams, LLC