PDA

View Full Version : Martha Lambert teaching style?

eponacowgirl
Dec. 13, 2009, 07:37 PM
An old client of mine is considering moving her new horse from a H/J barn to Lane's End farm.

She is coming from a H/J background but just bought a new, young horse and would like to focus on the jumpers with a foray into eventing. She recognizes the need for solid introduction into dressage and we've discussed her moving to an eventing barn (as they're usually lower stress environments, as well!)

I've heard wonderful things about Martha as a person and professional, and her competition record obviously shows her talent as a rider, and her farm looks amazing on the website, but I don't know anyone who can tell me about her teaching style- can anyone give me any info?

Thanks!

Auburn
Dec. 14, 2009, 07:53 AM
I have never ridden with her. Her students and she are very successful at events. She seems to have a quiet manner, which I personally would like to have for an instructor. Also, she has access to very good clinicians. Jimmy Wofford will be doing one at her farm, after The Rolex in April. :)

Wee Dee Trrr
Dec. 15, 2009, 06:09 PM
I LOVE Martha. :) She taught at the Area VIII camps when I was younger. She was very supportive of my riding on my mare (who was not very agreeable in dressage, but very safe XC) She gave me a lot of confidence moving my mare up to prelim. I'd highly recommend her.

stellar hope
Dec. 15, 2009, 06:28 PM
I used to work for Martha and she is a very firm but positive teacher. She is great with both children and adults and she herself came from a hunter background. Her farm is nice but simple with most of the horses living outside. Her indoor is VERY nice and she has 3 outdoor rings (1 standard, 1 smaller for the beginners and a dressage ring). She has some x ctry jumps and travels often to nearby farms to school. She is a very reasonable person to deal with and very upfront. You can email me if you would like more info.

eponacowgirl
Dec. 15, 2009, 06:39 PM
Thanks guys! That all sounds perfect. I'll pass the information along!