PDA

View Full Version : Tattoo Check TB Gelding for $100 Broker Owned

FancyASB
Dec. 13, 2009, 07:33 PM
He is listed on this page scroll down http://www.ac4h.com/BrokerOwned3.htm Thanks!

danceronice
Dec. 13, 2009, 09:18 PM
Their assumption of U22694 MAY be right--he certainly looks 19...but I'm having trouble with the stripe and two white hind not matching. The other numbers don't match (964 is a chestnut gelding, 644 is a mare). But U22694 won't come up with white markings on the hind legs, which should mean U22694 is not the tattoo.

However, this one has come up twice if I search using the U, 2, and 4 plus the white markings: U29764

Star and connected irregular stripe, narrowing on bridge of nose, widening and becoming bordered flesh colored above nostrils, extending and ending between nostrils, into right nostril; median cowlick at bottom of eye level. Left hind: half pastern white, extending on ankle in back; dark spots on coronet. Right hind: ankle white, extending to quarter white stocking on inside; dark spots on coronet.

This is Shirley's Fantasy, a bay or brown horse (meaning the last the JC knew he wasn't gelded.) Might be him?

FancyASB
Dec. 13, 2009, 09:45 PM
Thanks I'll let them know...

danceronice
Dec. 13, 2009, 09:50 PM
Let us know if they get a better tattoo read--and you know it's free to register to use the Jockey Club's interactive site! (And a great way to have time disappear in a black hole when you've got something to look up...)

FancyASB
Dec. 14, 2009, 01:14 AM
Christy said they will be contacting the jockey club Monday and see if they can verify his identity. Hopefully it is him. I know they have someone that looks up the tattoos but have been so busy they didn't get to do a more complete check. Also sometimes they only have a few minutes with each horse at the brokers; depending on how many they have, etc Thanks a mil!!!

danceronice
Dec. 14, 2009, 06:52 PM
It can also depend on reading the tattoo--that's hard in ideal conditions, so I wouldn't be surprised if they had some that are not what they think they are. They don't generally have much time with each horse, I thought?

He LOOKS 19 to me, but that U22694 is just not coming up with white on the face and two white hinds...I hope they get a better look and can figure out who he is.