PDA

View Full Version : One Day Horse Trials in SoCal?

Dec. 13, 2009, 01:07 PM
Having recently located from NC, where the winter months boasted a ton of one day horse trials, to San Diego, I'm at a loss for where to go to school greenies, and warm up for the spring season.

I know that 3 Day Ranch has a one day planned for Feb 7th, are there any other one days in the area?

hey101
Dec. 13, 2009, 02:10 PM
I feel your pain. Sadly I posted this same thread two years ago when Icame to SoCal from the heart of Area II. The short answer? There are hardly any events that are one-days around, let alone one-day unrecognized cheap schooling outings for your green beans. Nope, get used to the multi-day ultra-expensive recognized events that you will spend $500 and take at least a Friday off for one horse to do BN. :no:

The only ones I could find were a very nice series that Copper Meadows in Ramona does. I believe Wendy Wergeles runs some kind of semi-recognized thing out of her place north of LA (name escaping me at the moment).

Granted it has been awhile since I looked, maybe some new ones have cropped up. But I eventually bowed to the inevitable and started doing separate dressage schooling shows, jumper schooling shows, and just schooling XC.

3 Day Ranch
Dec. 13, 2009, 02:14 PM
This will be our first 1 Day-in response to people saying this is what they want. It is unrecognized and the entry forms are available at www.scesports.org if you would like to come. We are doing w/t thru intermediate, as well as combined test and extra rounds/tests. If this is successful I am sure it will catch on. Margie