PDA

View Full Version : Ride Needed Atlanta area-Chicago area

flutie1
Dec. 12, 2009, 09:52 AM
Is anyone driving from the Atlanta, GA to the Chicago area in the near future? I am adopting a dog (Lab) if I can find her a ride.

Flutie

cbsh13
Dec. 12, 2009, 01:54 PM
I am going to be coming back from xmas break and will come through Atlanta. I will have my lab with me too! But it won't be until Jan 5 sometime and I can bring it as far as Lexington, Ky...can house for a few days if needed until someone can pick it up from here. I love my lab (16 years old this month). Let me know if that helps!

Smufy3DE
Dec. 12, 2009, 09:07 PM
Flutie, I am in Columbia, SC and driving to Chicago on Tuesday. I will be coming back beginning of Jan. Don't know if the dog is in Atlanta or Chicago but would be more than happy to bring a pup along.

flutie1
Dec. 12, 2009, 09:17 PM
Wow. The dog is at Chatt Hills (Atlanta). That would be perfect! Kelli Temple has her. Can I put her in touch with you? How far are you from Atlanta?
I'm in Wayne, 30 miles west of Chicago. i could meet you anywhere!

FlightCheck
Dec. 13, 2009, 07:56 AM
Yippee!!!

scubed
Dec. 13, 2009, 12:35 PM
Yeah! We expect pictures as soon as the transportation issues are addressed. Wish I could help, but am nowhere near either end of the trip.

flutie1
Dec. 13, 2009, 06:44 PM
The Kelli One Woman SPCA found someone to adopt the Lab and her litter mate. I'm sad, but happy that the two girls wont be separated. Also glad that the poor thing wont have to experience the climate change from Georgia to (brrrr) Chicago! Thank you everyone who offered to help get her up here. I know The right dog will come along to help me keep the dachshunds in line!

flutie

Threeday33
Dec. 14, 2009, 11:05 PM
Awww, sorry you aren't getting the dog. You could adopt one of the many greyhounds that need a home from Dairyland Park! They are closing!!! I've heard they are very nice dogs, but need space to run! They'd keep your dachsunds busy!!!

CookiePony
Dec. 14, 2009, 11:14 PM
Hmmm... now we know that you might need a dog... will keep an eye out!

SevenDogs
Dec. 14, 2009, 11:24 PM
Oh, man.... never let this group know you have room for another dog! :lol: :lol: :lol:

flutie1
Dec. 15, 2009, 08:47 AM
Oh, man.... never let this group know you have room for another dog! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm starting to learn that!
:-)

mjedge808
Dec. 15, 2009, 08:59 AM
Ah, and when you say you need a dog, one shall appear! at least it always happens to me that way, in the most unusual ways.

flutie1
Dec. 15, 2009, 12:19 PM
Ah, and when you say you need a dog, one shall appear! at least it always happens to me that way, in the most unusual ways.

Very true. They "find" me and bring joy to my life!

TLA
Dec. 15, 2009, 04:44 PM
It seemed like every time we were at TMI or N Georgia, Kelly and Ritch had stocked up on all the strays so they coulg be sent home to good homes with the competitors. We got several that way. I'm glad it continues.
Tom