PDA

View Full Version : Circuit Elite XC Saddle - How do they fit?

Debbie
Dec. 12, 2009, 06:38 AM
I'm thinking of taking advantage of the Dover Cash for Clunkers saddle rebate to get a new, but useless saddle out of my tack room and have a back up saddle for my Black Country. How does the Circuit XC fit - is the wide super wide?

I have a draft cross mare that isn't super wide - my Black Country Quantum X-Wide - is big on her. Same for the Dutch Warmblood gelding, but I'm going to have it reflocked to fit the gelding.

This saddle would be to fit the mare. She has withers, wide shoulders and well sprung barrel - not a table back.

Anybody using this saddle - likes/dislikes?

Thanks so much for the help!

Meredith Clark
Dec. 12, 2009, 09:47 AM
The saddle comes in a med. or wide tree so you have some options. If I were you I'd take advantage of one of the test ride saddles that way you can really see the fit and feel. OR if you're close to a store many of the stores will do saddle fittings.

Good Luck!

ACMEeventing
Dec. 12, 2009, 10:48 AM
I bought that saddle for a fairly large draft cross gelding. The medium tree fits a wide range of horses and is comfortable to sit in. On the down side, I had a hard time getting out of it over a jump and it tended to push my legs forward.

I do have a very long femur and it's possible the saddle will fit another rider quite well. I gave up on it and bought something else. PM me and maybe you can try mine before you buy one.