PDA

View Full Version : Eventing Stables/Trainer near Athens, Ohio

ChloieBell
Dec. 11, 2009, 08:36 AM
Does anyone know of a horse stable that does eventing near Athens, Ohio. Hopefully with an upper level trainer, but even a dressage barn with do at the most 40 min away.

??

Threeday33
Dec. 11, 2009, 03:02 PM
I think Ralph Holstein and Jeff Taylor are both in that area. Someone could get you there contact info possibly?!? I stayed at a farm in Athens on my way from WI to Fair Hill in October, but it was mostly dressage, I think. I can't remember the name of it either, so I'm not much help!!! The trainer's name is Janeen. Good luck!

Threeday33
Dec. 11, 2009, 03:04 PM
Oops, scratch that! I just looked it up and it was Aurora, not Athens! That is too far away, sorry!!!

HER
Dec. 11, 2009, 07:16 PM
Hi! I live in Athens and it is an area very devoid of eventers! However I have found it to be a good central location for horse trials in area8. I am currently eventing at prelim and didn't start eventing until after I moved here a few years ago, so it can be done! I got three friends into eventing too, now they are going novice. We board at a local barn that has an indoor and a big hay field for conditioning. Are you just moving here? I take lessons from a trainer about an hour away but often we can get her to come to our barn. But that's only about once a month. She is not a big name but she took me from no dressage at all to prelim dressage in 3 years. And we are still learning a ton! PM me if you want my phone number or email- always happy to have more eventers in our area! Maybe we can take it over from the Western people! :)
Helen