PDA

View Full Version : Lay-up facilities near Mountaineer?

Barnfairy
Dec. 10, 2009, 03:40 PM
'Got any recommendations for affordable lay-up farms preferably not too far from Mountaineer? Doesn't need to be fancy.

Some folks I've done a little retraining work for are looking to rest two of their horses while Mountaineer closes up this winter. Normally they bring their horses back home up here in NH for lay-up, but their barn is full full full right now.

PM me if you prefer, and TIA.

DickHertz
Dec. 10, 2009, 04:15 PM
I don't even want to know how many horses will end up at Sugarcreek as a result of this shutdown. I know there are consequences, but they'll probably just block out the tattoo.

Janet
Dec. 10, 2009, 04:20 PM
I THINK that our own whicker has a layup facility, but it may be more oriented to rehab than just "time off"

DickHertz
Dec. 10, 2009, 04:40 PM
There are a bunch of farms a couple of hours either west (Greensburg, Johnstown) or east, I'm guessing the ones near MNR are probably extremely packed at this point.

jenarby
Dec. 10, 2009, 05:29 PM
I have a good friend in North Georgetown, OH who does lay ups. She has a few of my babies right now. Let me know if they'd be interested....

iloverocky
Dec. 10, 2009, 06:16 PM
A little off topic, but I thought the Mountaineer barns were staying open during the time the track was closed down. Is that not the case?

Las Olas
Dec. 10, 2009, 06:21 PM
A little off topic, but I thought the Mountaineer barns were staying open during the time the track was closed down. Is that not the case?

I thought so too, per this quote from TBH on Tuesday.

Maria Catagnani, executive director of the Mountaineer Horsemen’s Benevolent and Protective Association, said the barn area will remain open in January and February. The current meet ends Dec. 29.

Jessi P
Dec. 10, 2009, 06:35 PM
Yes the barn area remains open. The track will be open 4 days a week for galloping (right now it is open 6 days/week).

Barnfairy I will PM you. ;)