PDA

View Full Version : Paraneck Stable Mare -- UPDATE: SAFE

littletuna
Dec. 10, 2009, 12:28 PM
Remember him?

Well, it seems one of his mares has fallen through the cracks and is in the Kill Pen at a NJ auction. She could use some groceries (not skeletal, though), has a slightly swollen knee but trotted completely stop. Well bred, rose grey 2005 filly. 3 starts, last race was in August ( believe through Fever Racing Stable).

Anyone able to help? I believe her bail is something like $150. Sweet looking girl, was ridden through english.

"412- 5 yo dapple rose grey TB mare, rode thru English, tall thin mare could use some weight but quality breeding and a cute gorgeous hunter-type mare, tattoo I42621, left front knee swollen with heat, cut, trotted sound, 16.2 hands. Really nice looking mare. Name: Keg of Dynamite --She raced 3 times, 5/29, 6/20, and 7/17 of this year. She had 1 3rd. All races at Bellmont . NY Bred, breeder is Paraneck Stallions NY. $150

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wA7kfXQtiVM "

AppJumpr08
Dec. 10, 2009, 01:26 PM
Pedigree (http://www.equineline.com/Free-5X-Pedigree.cfm?page_state=ORDER_AND_CONFIRM&reference_number=7583749&registry=T&horse_name=Keg%20of%20Dynamite&dam_name=Little%20Gazer&foaling_year=2005&nicking_stats_indicator=Y)

Nice looking girl - love the lighter spots on her butt.
Hope she finds a safe home.

littletuna
Dec. 10, 2009, 01:47 PM
A NY rescue said they could probably work something out to take her as long as her bail and funds to trailer here there could be raised!

DickHertz
Dec. 10, 2009, 02:19 PM
Who is J. Demola, that is the last trainer. Does this mean he'll lose his stalls at NYRA along with the owner per their new policy released today?

caffeinated
Dec. 10, 2009, 02:27 PM
Who is J. Demola, that is the last trainer. Does this mean he'll lose his stalls at NYRA along with the owner per their new policy released today?

probably depends on how she got there. Her last race was in July, she could have changed hands multiple times between then and now. Will have to go read the new policy.

MintHillFarm
Dec. 10, 2009, 02:33 PM
Joe Demola was a Paraneck trainer at Aqueduct before all the news broke out last spring the abuse at the farm. Campo was the trainer of record, Demola had the training job before Campo...Joe Demola still trains if I am correct and ended up with some of the former Paraneck horses (those at the track) when sold to other people...

As Caffeinated said, the mare could have been sold/obtained by someone else and then ended up at the sale.

farmgirl88
Dec. 10, 2009, 03:09 PM
my guess is "someone" from those connections held onto their "trash" that they didnt want anymore for way longer than they wanted to as everyone was on their case over the neglect at his farm. They might've waited til now to ship horses off and around in hopes no one would ever track them down.

That mare is quite nice.

littletuna
Dec. 10, 2009, 03:14 PM
I believe someone is able to pull her, working out details now.

She did race a few times, but i think the issue was that his horses create red flags everywhere -- plus they were all maidens, she probably wasn't overly talented -- so it was not worth the investiment to keep her around. Probably hoping she could go under the radar at auction. Who knows. Hopefulyl she can start a new life now.

littletuna
Dec. 10, 2009, 03:22 PM
UPDATE: She has been sprung and is off to her rehab home in PA. Thanks to all who donated for her bail!

Tazer
Dec. 11, 2009, 04:03 PM
She went to a private home though, not the rescue in NY.