PDA

View Full Version : Canter horse Lady Zipster is HOME!!

jpalisades
Dec. 9, 2009, 09:42 PM
Thanks to our own COTHer Judybigredpony canter horse Lady Zipster is home with me in snowy part of PA tonight:D:D:D

She is everything the canter ad and "Judybig" said she is and more. Hauled home like a dream, walked right into her stall and made her self at home. It was pitch black by the time we got home, and the silly dusk to dawn light kept going off. Lady handle the pitch black walking to the barn as if she had done it everyday and know her way around, even with snow and now ice crunching under her hooves. She is going to have a bit of deserved R&R then start schooling to hopefully be an event horse.

midnightride
Dec. 9, 2009, 10:41 PM
how fun!! she has a pretty "classic" pedigree- I expect she will make a lovely event horse!!!!! good job picking her out!!!!

have fun!!!!

judybigredpony
Dec. 9, 2009, 11:10 PM
Thanks to our own COTHer Judybigredpony canter horse Lady Zipster is home with me in snowy part of PA tonight:D:D:D

She is everything the canter ad and "Judybig" said she is and more. Hauled home like a dream, walked right into her stall and made her self at home. It was pitch black by the time we got home, and the silly dusk to dawn light kept going off. Lady handle the pitch black walking to the barn as if she had done it everyday and know her way around, even with snow and now ice crunching under her hooves. She is going to have a bit of deserved R&R then start schooling to hopefully be an event horse.

So nice to put a face to a name,:yes: I know she will be everything you expect.:) And Lady Zipsters connections were totally gratefull:yes::yes:

Same trainer has at least 4 more to go, although the one gray mare is only a broodmare prospect her liver chestnut 4yr 15.2 filly Glasgow Road is just as awesome. She is on CANTER.

Gry2Yng
Dec. 10, 2009, 09:26 AM
Congrats to you. I am sure she will be loyal to a fault for the gift she has received.

Catalina
Dec. 10, 2009, 10:05 AM
:D Are you going to keep her JC name?

Ishi
Dec. 10, 2009, 01:31 PM
Very cool, I saw her on the other thread, she's awesome. I'm glad it all worked out and, she screamed event horse to me too. Have fun with her!

jpalisades
Dec. 10, 2009, 02:01 PM
I think we're going to keep the name;) It is growing on me.

I turned her out for a bit today, alone. She could have cared less that my other mare in the field beside her was running around like a mad woman, screaming and carring on trying to be center of attention for over an hour. Dont get me wrong she let loose but settled down nicely. Then after a few hours, I thought to myself 'gotta see how she takes to new things':lol: So I got out the lunge line and whip... just with a halter on in the field... she listened very well. Walk, trot, and halt to the RIGHT/ Walk, halt, and canter to the LEFT all off voice commands. Not bad for a first 'lunge' session.

Lady was introduced to my son (who is 3yo by the way) today as well. After a couple of hours in the cold, he had it. Crying and just wanting to go home. Lady walked over to her door, put her head over the stall guard, and sniffed him so gently until he stopped crying. Then just stood quiet as could be while he petted her head and played with her ears! Why do all the good things happen when my camera is no where near by:(

I think she's finding her place in the family already. Hubby saw her for the first time this morning when he went to feed. He called me to say that she gives really good back rubs with her head:D

cottagefarm
Dec. 10, 2009, 02:20 PM
Congratulations on your new girl.
Keep us updated on her progress . She sounds like a gem:)

cnvh
Dec. 11, 2009, 10:35 AM
I can't wait to see her in person!!

jpalisades
Jan. 27, 2010, 02:01 PM
For the Lady Zipster followers.... We had our first ride last night:winkgrin::winkgrin::winkgrin: I got sick of her jumping out of her field and decided Lady needed something to do. So she moved to the training barn on Sat.

It was amazing... she was relaxed but waited for the "go" cue the whole time. Walk, trot, canter, single poles. She would puff herself as if 'hey wanna go?' as other horses came near us, but paid attention the entire time.:D

YEAHHHHHH!!!! Just had to share, I am so excited. Hubby is excited too, now he doesn't have to listen to me saying 'cant wait until Lady is ready' anymore.

pony grandma
Jan. 27, 2010, 02:10 PM
Applause, Applause!! Photos please!