PDA

View Full Version : n.j.dream park this weekend

tricky ricky
Dec. 9, 2009, 11:07 AM
anybody else going to the show this weekend at the NEW dream park ??:

derbyjumper
Dec. 11, 2009, 11:24 AM
Hi taking two jumpers one itty bitty with my 8 yr old daughter [Hope she can remember her courses]and one pony jumper .

tricky ricky
Dec. 13, 2009, 09:32 PM
We went this weekend....That place is W.O.W. I heard they might do aZone 2 finals there sometime.Anbody know about it.

dab
Dec. 13, 2009, 11:46 PM
I haven't heard anything about Zones being held there, but it is a very nice facility -- I can't think of another facility in that area with heat and a big enough warmup area to keep your horse moving/jumping before you enter the show ring -- But, Harrisburg does have the full size second indoor ring for the warmup area -- Plus the show stalls at Harrisburg are indoors -- Considering that Zones runs in the fall when weather can get iffy, Harrisburg seems better suited than Dream Park -- I guess Dream Park is more centrally located within the zone -- Maybe if they could enclose the stalls and run the show over multiple days -- Otherwise, I don't see it as a viable option to Harrisburg --

tricky ricky
Dec. 14, 2009, 03:37 PM
The people there have built a second indoor arena as a warm-up area plus a covered walk way(about 75 feet) They are also putting sides on the stall barns. That should be done by Feb. 2010. The arena show area is 45,000 square feet, much bigger than Harrisburg. They should do a Zone Jumper Finals there. Only problem that I see is the people way up in the north of Zone two(Northern N.Y.) might complain

dab
Dec. 14, 2009, 05:00 PM
I obviously haven't been to Dream Park since last winter -- Thank you Gloucester County taxpayers -- I can't think of anything else I would ask for in a winter show facility --

I think a jumper finals would be a welcome addition to the zone schedule especially if there's significant sponsorship --