PDA

View Full Version : Riding ISP?

Beau Cheval
Dec. 9, 2009, 10:19 AM
This is a ways off for me, but has anyone out there done a ISP (independent senior project) on riding?

Void
Dec. 9, 2009, 12:09 PM
I did about 6 years ago

Beau Cheval
Dec. 9, 2009, 01:15 PM
What did you do it on?

alliekat
Dec. 9, 2009, 05:18 PM
I just had a senior do this at my farm on raising WB foals with the intent of showing on the line. Not quiet the same but we both had a blast. Plus it was really nice to have someone help get our babies ready for their inspection. She learned a lot and said she never realize how much goes in to raising foals. She has a whole new appreciation for her 8 yr. old horse!!

Keep1Belle
Dec. 9, 2009, 05:24 PM
I did 2 independent studies on riding when i was in college. 1 was on rider injuries for a sports med class.

The other more interesting and bigger project/paer was a case study on a small boarding training barn that was looking to expand to a larger property. So I had to look at how their business model might change. what the ROI would be in going to a larger facility etc. Then i located 3 properties int he area and we did a analysis on which would best suti their needs and why. ex: proximity to old faciltiy to retain clients, if their was an existing ring or one needed to be bought, maintenance, etc.

showmom858
Dec. 9, 2009, 05:38 PM
Seniors at DD's hs must do a "senior project." This is basically a presentation about something they are interested in. My DD still is two years away from this, but I am sure hers will have something to do with horses.

Void
Dec. 9, 2009, 05:56 PM
What did you do it on?

Training, Riding and showing Hunters. I almost brought my horse to school but didn't get the paper work in on time.

TheBrownHorse
Dec. 9, 2009, 08:45 PM
I did my HS senior project on riding-- I worked for my then trainer (LBNT) at an upscale eventing barn. Rode 7 horses a day, cleaned stalls, tack, did all the usual barn work.

Good experience, I learned a TON. It was fun to write about, too-- the things horses teach us about life never cease to amaze me.