PDA

View Full Version : What is on your pony kid's Christmas wish list?

Limerick
Dec. 9, 2009, 07:34 AM
I have two kids that ride-both girls-ten and six. I am absolutely stumped about what to get them this year!!

Anyone find any new toys or books or fun stable supplies for this age group?? Are there new Breyers other than Theodore O'Connor and Newsworthy? I love Just For Ponies and have been looking at their stuff-any other great websites for pony kids?

Many thanks!

livetoride620
Dec. 9, 2009, 08:00 AM
I used to LOVE Breyers when I was little, and yes, there are lots of them. Here is the link the Breyer's official website-you can't buy them directly from here but if you click on one of the horses, there will be a place where is says "Buy Now" or something like that and it will redirect you to where you can buy that horse. Here's the link;

http://www.breyerhorses.com/

hellerkm
Dec. 9, 2009, 08:02 AM
My 6 yr old wants some fun saddle pads, I plan on making these ( yes I can sew) and they will each get new quarter sheets that I plan to make as well.
My 6 yr old is getting the BIG Breyer barn and then the grandparents are all going to get her some horses and accessories.
Cute schooling tights are usually a hit around here I have been gathering them off of Ebay for the past month or so. And they are each getting new brushes, my 6 yr old wants PINK ( of course :no:) and my 13 yr old has FINALLY decided that navy and hunter green are MUCH more appropriate (:winkgrin:)
They will both be showing this year so they are also getting a set of show luggage ( coat bag, boot bag, hat bag and bridle bag) I found two really nice sets at my local consignment tack store and spent less than $100 for both sets!!
My younger Dd also wants a name plate bracelet with her new ponies name on it so my sister is getting that for her.
So there is the run down! Lots of horsey stuff this year and it has been fun shopping for all of it!

ETA: they also asked for the Horse Power T.V series on DVD!

gasrgoose
Dec. 9, 2009, 09:01 AM
my 11 year old has watched the Horse Power TV Series on DVD probably 75 times. She also liked the Through the Judges Eye DVD. Bits wipes are good stocking stuffers.

Renn/aissance
Dec. 9, 2009, 10:33 AM
Your oldest may enjoy the HorsePower DVD. As far as riding books go, if you can lay hands on a copy of The Young Rider's Book of Horses and Horsemanship by Isabel von Neumann Cosell-Nebe (I may have spelled that wrong) that was my very favorite instruction book when I was a kid. The Pony Club manuals are great too. For fun, the Thelwell books are hilarious and I always stole my mom's.

The pony kids I know love fun saddle pads (ribbon, pretty monograms, etc.) and matching polo wraps. The nylon halters with overlay and embroidery--alligators, flip flops, etc.--are also a hit if you can bring yourself to see your pony with alligators dancing on its head!

Limerick
Dec. 9, 2009, 11:06 AM
Renn, alligators on Swanson's head just won't suit. *sniff*:lol:

The Pony Club manual is a great idea-I did find one with lots of quiz'.

I will check out Horse Power too.

And if anyone knows where to get a saddle pad with palm trees (not a baby pad) I'd be ever so grateful.

Thanks!!!

Heineken
Dec. 9, 2009, 11:12 AM
Letitia(sp?) used to make a puffy pink saddle pad with palm trees on it?

hideyourheart03
Dec. 9, 2009, 11:57 AM
Whoa... just saw that Mon Gamin' has his own Breyer. How cool. He's the coolest looking horse. And jumps so daggone good too!