PDA

View Full Version : Jumping saddle sugestions

twcolabear
Dec. 9, 2009, 03:52 AM
I was always dressage only rider, but have decided to take some jumping lessons and I loved it. So a month ago I moved my boy to an event barn. Of course I can use the trainer jumping saddle, but I would really want to get my own. What would you recommend under $1k (used is good) for a wide WB? I got a Wintec Isabel dressage saddle, but I would really like a leather jumping one. Thanks

KateKat
Dec. 9, 2009, 12:04 PM
depends on what kind of jumping saddle you are looking for...have you sat in any? Do you want a deeper seat, blocks, etc?

I currently ride in a Northrun Ashland CC. It's fairly flat, no blocks, just padded flaps. Its been on a variety of horses, but fits a horse with an "A" shape and some withers best. They run less than $1000, if you can find used however I almost never see them used in a wide.

I would see who else in your barn has a jumping saddle and ask if you can sit in them. Then if you find one you like, start the online search.

wildlifer
Dec. 10, 2009, 10:01 AM
My horse is quite wide (Appendix QH) and goes well in our Collegiate Diploma (convertible - he goes in the wide gullet, is ALMOST wide enough for the XW). It sells new for about $900 and is quite comfy.