PDA

View Full Version : Beval Saddle ....."Coffin?"

NO-CTRL
Dec. 8, 2009, 06:46 PM
Hi All!
Just a quick question, i know Bevals are very popular saddles over there... not so much here in Australia!

My coach has managed to fit a second hand saddle to my pony - how ever i can't have it for another month as its off getting a few modifications but i am busting to know - she says it was advertised as a Beval "Coffin"...

I have never heard of this model? I know the usual Gladstone, Stamford, Butet, Natural etc. but never a "Coffin".

The saddle is in lovely condition but estimated to be about 20 years old... maybe more!

Does anyone have any idea on if Beval ever made a model called Coffin? I'm confused! (Regardless of what it is, it was lovely to ride in...should have paid more attention when i was there :( )

I've emailed Beval a couple of days ago, but haven't heard back from them...

Here's a pic, i hope someone can help
http://i45.tinypic.com/1glsmu.jpg

Tha Ridge
Dec. 8, 2009, 06:55 PM
Looks like an older Beval Devon to me. Sounds like the person could've just mixed up Tad Coffin and Beval.

Edited to add: the Devon is a great saddle. I loved mine!

NO-CTRL
Dec. 8, 2009, 08:10 PM
I've had a look at a few Beval Devon's and i think you may be right! Thank you so much :D

Jersey Fresh
Dec. 8, 2009, 09:39 PM
Thats what I was going to say, older Devon. Great saddle =)

NO-CTRL
Dec. 8, 2009, 10:11 PM
Thank you so much for the suggestions!

Sounds like i've got my self a bit of a bargain for $300 Australian Dollars then :lol::lol: