PDA

View Full Version : Who was the boot guy at AEC'S?

gold2012
Dec. 8, 2009, 02:00 PM
Hi All,

NEED HELP. Does anyone know who the guy was selling the custom made boots this year at the AEC's? He was right next to Brant Gamma....had them for 550. My daughter's aunt ordered a pair, and we can't find out who he is....she is looking for the receipt, but I need to get hold of him. Thanks everyone.

flutie1
Dec. 8, 2009, 03:09 PM
I just received an e mail about this and referred the sender to Sarah who did the vendors. I assume this is the same matter?
Sarah@rempala.us

flutie

gold2012
Dec. 8, 2009, 03:49 PM
Yup. Hopefully hear something soon from someone...thanks for all your help!!!

Auburn
Dec. 8, 2009, 05:04 PM
Flutie1,

Thanks for the email addy. I have been wondering about the boots that I ordered. I had expected them to come in by now. Hopefully, there is not a problem.

flutie1
Dec. 8, 2009, 05:07 PM
Flutie1,

Thanks for the email addy. I have been wondering about the boots that I ordered. I had expected them to come in by now. Hopefully, there is not a problem.

I'll also go through the chaotic heaps of paper in my office and see if by any chance I may have a vendor map. I'll advise either way, and hopefully sarah can help too.

flutie

gold2012
Dec. 8, 2009, 06:52 PM
Thanks Sara and Flutie....Just getting bit concerned as I haven't heard nary a word about ours....

BBowen
Dec. 8, 2009, 08:13 PM
I too ordered boots at the AECs and was told that the lead time was three months. Since the AECs were in mid September, we should be seeing them soon. The company is La Mundial; e-mail lamundial@andinanet.net; customer service: 561-459-4943; Cell - 817-734-6378 -- from their flyer.

They were exhibiting at a recent Equestrian Expo in Grayslake, IL and I talked with the same young man that was at the AECs and confirmed the timing. I would hope to see my boots by mid-December or no later than mid-January.

Hope this helps.

flutie1
Dec. 9, 2009, 07:29 AM
I too ordered boots at the AECs and was told that the lead time was three months. Since the AECs were in mid September, we should be seeing them soon. The company is La Mundial; e-mail lamundial@andinanet.net; customer service: 561-459-4943; Cell - 817-734-6378 -- from their flyer.

They were exhibiting at a recent Equestrian Expo in Grayslake, IL and I talked with the same young man that was at the AECs and confirmed the timing. I would hope to see my boots by mid-December or no later than mid-January.

Hope this helps.

As always, Becky comes through in her lovely quiet way with the answer! She is Godlike!!

3 Day Ranch
Dec. 9, 2009, 11:21 AM
Just to let you know-we have ordered and received boots from them and have been very satisfied. Excellent customer service. Recommend them highly. Great product and fit for the money.

EventingDreams
Dec. 9, 2009, 11:32 AM
I also ordered boots while I was there and he quoted me boots arriving around the 15th of December. Hopefully mine don't get hijacked in customs like they did the last time I ordered boots from out of the country!

BBowen
Dec. 10, 2009, 01:30 PM
Just got a call this morning regarding my boots. They were verifying my shipping address. So those of you who ordered at the AECs may have their boots soon. Have no clue how long it take on the shipping especially with Christmas getting close. At least I will be expecting them.

jen-s
Dec. 10, 2009, 09:50 PM
Please everyone---post pics when they arrive! I'm sure there are lots of us (well, at least me anyway) that would love to see what they look like. I'm going to have to go custom for my next pair and I'm VERY tempted by their pricing.

Auburn
Dec. 12, 2009, 06:06 PM
I got a call today. They wanted to confirm my address and make certain that UPS would come out to my house. I do live in Dry Ridge, but we truly are not in the boonies. ;)

I can't wait to see them. Of course, my DH has said that I cannot ride in them until after Christmas.

Has anyone gotten their boots, yet?

gold2012
Dec. 15, 2009, 05:50 PM
Sigh, no one has called us yet....was hoping to put them under the tree for daughter. Was her Christmas gift this year. They had said by 12/15. But might not get them by Christmas looking like...sigh.

Where they coming from? Eucador? I think that was what they said when I called...

Anyway, when you guys get them, post pics please. Can't wait to see them.

BBowen
Dec. 15, 2009, 06:00 PM
Gold2012, you may still get them this month. I think the only reason that Auburn and I got calls was due to our addresses. Mine has a weird street number and it was showing that the address didn't exist, and it sounds like they weren't sure if UPS delivered in Auburn's area. If you have a normal address in a familiar city, there probably isn't a need to call.

Auburn
Dec. 15, 2009, 06:29 PM
:lol::lol::lol: BBowen,

I had never considered about the funny address being a problem. Mine has very few numbers, but a very long (five word) street address. It was probably quite confusing to someone from Equador.

In Kentucky, most roads lead to Mount Zion. ;)

BBowen
Dec. 16, 2009, 12:50 AM
Auburn, too funny. Mine is just the opposite -- simple street name but the numbers are weird, 5N475. It even confuses my GPS. Thank goodness I know my way home. :-)

Geri'nDarth
Dec. 16, 2009, 11:31 PM
I ordered boots from lamundial at the Robert Murphy HJ show at the KY Horse Park over the 4th of July weekend. Come mid November I still had not received my boots, despite the fact they had put a $630 charge on my Master Card in early September. Yes, 630, when they had stated 550 for the boots. I called repeatedly to find the delivery status and was asked for my customer order #, which I had no idea what it was. They were so very rude and angry that I didn't have my order #. Whatever happened to a customer name? Anyway, many calls later I received my boots mid November, a size too small and w/o the square toes I ordered. After calling Customer Service I was instructed to return them (at my expense) to be corrected. I said how can you correct "custom" boots which you obviously got wrong in the first place? They said we will just add a few numbers to it. Well, that's not custom to me. That's guesswork. I could have bought OTC boots.

Now, after having spent $80 more than promised, and an additional $50 to ship back, it is mid December and I still have no boots. And absolutely NO response, either. NO RESPONSE. And I'm out $700.

And I know another local rider who has been having similar difficulty.

Their Customer Service, accuracy and dependability is very very poor, IMHO.

If you want custom boots, order them from Dehner or someone reputable. This company is definitely not.

Auburn
Dec. 17, 2009, 07:38 AM
Oh, no! My husband will flip out if we are over charged. This was a huge expense for us, as it was. Now that my DH is retiring, it would be even a bigger hit.

My dressage instructor gets her boots made in Brasil. They are lovely. She had not heard of this company.

OK. Call me officially nervous. :(

Geri'nDarth,

I hope that they get your order correct this time. What a nightmare for you.

BBowen
Dec. 17, 2009, 10:22 AM
What a bad experience. So sorry this happened to you.

I will say that the amount that hit my charge card was exactly what they said it would be. Also, before I made the purchase, I talked with friends that had boots made through this company and they had a good experience.

But, you never know. The jury is still out until I actually have my boots.

Geri'nDarth
Dec. 17, 2009, 11:37 PM
Hope you have better luck than I. It has been weeks since I have mailed my boots back and I haven't received so much as a reply. I am thinking of going to MC and trying my hand at getting my money back for fradulent representation. I'm six months past and out $700 w/ nothing to show for it. I hardly think that is being unreasonable.

Maybe it is the luck of the draw with them, but I just don't want to spend my hard-earned money like that. I need a quality, well-fitting product in my hand, esp after that amount of time.

I would rather spend another $300 and deal with a known quality company like Dehner. I am sorry I tried to save a few bucks and, then, wasted them all.

BBowen
Dec. 29, 2009, 06:17 PM
Hi All:

Just wanted to give an update. My boots arrived today and they are just beautiful. Will have to try them on this evening with some breeches to check for fit. Keeping fingers crossed. :-)

Anyone else?

EventingDreams
Dec. 29, 2009, 07:52 PM
My friend and I both got ours today. GORGEOUS!! And looks like all of my instructions on height paid off, they are VERY tall. Better than too short though, which my last ones from a different company are. Foot feels great, and I don't even think they'll take much to break in. Love them!!!

Geri'nDarth
Dec. 29, 2009, 10:01 PM
Glad some one had a good experience. I still have not heard a thing regarding my returned boots. I am very disappointed.
One would think after all the times I have contacted them to try to get them to make it right, they would at least respond.

Still out my $$ w/ no boots here, from my July 4th order.

I guess when they are good the first time it is ok, but don't expect their Customer Service to make anything right if it goes wrong.

3 Day Ranch
Dec. 29, 2009, 10:38 PM
I had a very different experience. Their customer service has been outstanding. They made my son's first pair of boots on a very short time line and got them shipped directly to NAJYRC in Kentucky. Unfortunately UPS got confused and we never got them so Mundial tracked them down and had them resent to California. They called to let me know that there was problem with the leather on one of the boots and that they would replace them. New boots came as promised and are beautiful. They fit perfectly and I could not be happier.

I am sorry you have having problems. The owner of the company is in the US and I have his cell number if you would like to PM me. I'm sure he could help you and would be distressed to hear about your problems.

Auburn
Dec. 30, 2009, 08:09 AM
My boots arrived on Christmas Eve, which was perfect because my DH was giving them to me as a Christmas gift. :D

I put on a pair of my winter breeches. My DH had to help with the left zipper, but it did zip. The right was easy, because that calf is 1/2" smaller, than the left. The foot size feels smaller than I am used to in my off the shelf boots. Since I will just be using them for dressage and stadium, they will be fine.

We don't have a full length mirror, but my DH said that they looked great.

Geri'nDarth,

I do hope that you get a positive resolution with your boots.

jen-s
Dec. 30, 2009, 09:15 AM
delete

Rossco
Dec. 30, 2009, 09:33 AM
I ordered mine last year from Equine Affaire, and they came in exactly 2 months later, as promised. they are over a year old now, and i wear them virutally every single day. they are worth the money, i should have bought 2 pairs.