PDA

View Full Version : Bridle that will match an Edgewood noseband?

MDPONYMOM
Dec. 8, 2009, 01:32 PM
I need to find a bridle for an Edgewood noseband that I have. I know that the simple solution would be to get a complete Edgewood bridle 'duh', but this is not a good time of year to be spending $350+. So, help me compromise please...

Is there another bridle out there that will oil up close to the "chestnut" color of this noseband? It doesn't have to be EXACT, but close enough that it still looks good. Also, I don't mind staying in the mid-range pricewise as this would be a show bridle, but please less than $350. And it needs to come in pony size.

Thanks. :)

SkipChange
Dec. 8, 2009, 01:57 PM
Try www.justbridles.com you can buy bridles in pieces, so you could buy an Edgewood in pony size. In your case, do everything but the noseband since you already have one. I think you might find your total under $350, or close to it. You could also try looking for a used Edgewood. Best of luck.

BAC
Dec. 8, 2009, 03:33 PM
Try www.justbridles.com (http://www.justbridles.com) you can buy bridles in pieces, so you could buy an Edgewood in pony size. In your case, do everything but the noseband since you already have one. I think you might find your total under $350, or close to it. You could also try looking for a used Edgewood. Best of luck.

I don't think her budget is $350, that's what she doesn't want to spend. If you do decide to buy an Edgewood though, www.LaurensTackTrunk.com (http://www.LaurensTackTrunk.com) has the best prices I have found, much lower than JustBridles.com.

If you only have a noseband, why not just buy a completely new but less expensive bridle instead of trying to match pieces. Aramas, Dover and Bobby's all sell reasonably priced, decent quality bridles. Check out JustForPonies.com.

eqrider1234
Dec. 8, 2009, 03:34 PM
Aramas matches the edgewood really well!

dab
Dec. 8, 2009, 04:02 PM
I've been using an Edgewood noseband on a Bobby's bridle for the past 6 months -- I think Edgewood darkens easier than Bobby's, but Bobby's starts out darker -- The pieces match surprisingly well, and the Bobby's is more affordable -- My gelding thinks leather is snack food, so I like having him in a less expensive bridle -- I'd get him a new noseband if I could find a place that sold Bobby's pieces --

callmegold
Dec. 8, 2009, 04:50 PM
... I'd get him a new noseband if I could find a place that sold Bobby's pieces --

eqtack.com does sell Bobby's bridles pieces, but not all the pieces but it's worth a look?

MDPONYMOM
Dec. 10, 2009, 08:05 AM
Yes, exactly. I DON'T want to spend $350 on it. I wanted to find a less expensive brand that would still match the noseband. I think Just Bridles has a great concept, I just don't want to put that much into it right now. ;) Do Bobby's really match? They look kind of dark to me.

Little Indian
Dec. 10, 2009, 11:18 AM
The new Bobby's signature line with oil to match a darkened Edgewood pretty well.

shoponee70
Dec. 10, 2009, 11:33 AM
ditto on the bobbys LIGHT oil bridles.they are made in the same factory as edgewood according to one of the tack shop reps i talked to. Farm house carrys a big selection of them - as well as strap goods from both ew and bobbys. might try them 864-457-3557

Spud&Saf
Dec. 10, 2009, 02:52 PM
Why not get an Edgewood Browband, then try to find the rest of the bridle in another brand. I think this would give you a better match, as the noseband and browband should look similar?

Little Indian
Dec. 11, 2009, 01:03 AM
As far as I know they are not. Bobby's are Indian made (generally with English leather) and Edgewoods are made in New Mexico.