PDA

View Full Version : Instructors in or around Killeen, Texas

LeightonFarm
Dec. 7, 2009, 06:40 PM
I have a wonderful client who will be moving to Killeen, Texas later this year. I'm trying to help her find good support for her and her daughter. They are beginners, with some riding experience. They have their own horse and pony. They are interested in eventing, but would be happy with a good dressage instructor or even a hunter instructor. Thanks for any help!

tullio
Dec. 7, 2009, 08:39 PM
I just moved from Killeen earlier this year. There aren't really any instructors IN Killeen... will they have a trailer and be able to travel to someone's farm? How far would they be willing to go? There might also be some people willing to travel to them if they would like to go that route.

Are they military? For a while there were a few English riders, keeping horses on post, and we grouped together to get an instructor to come to us. If that's the case I could probably tell them some people to get in touch with.

The good news is that there are lots of very nice eventing folks in central TX and some lovely venues for schooling/showing within reasonable driving distance. And of course, the weather's great for riding pretty much all the time! :)

LeightonFarm
Dec. 8, 2009, 06:36 AM
They are Military, but I don't know a ton about that aspect. They haven't arranged a home yet and my thought was they could "compormise" the location. If a good instructor was an hour away, they could look to rent a half hour from each destination. Ideally, they'd love to rent a farmette, but haven't found anything like that yet.

anchorage
Dec. 8, 2009, 09:48 AM
I know of a wonderful dressage instructor in the Waco area. She would be willing to travel to teach if there were enough people! Let me know if you want her contact information.