View Full Version : Tall Riding Boots Decision Help and Info!!!!

Dec. 7, 2009, 06:53 PM
I am looking for reasonably priced tall boots that look good for eventing. I have been in the same pair for about 12 yrs so I'm excited about it :winkgrin:The Ariat Pro Crowne Field boots are an option but I'm not ga ga over them, especially for the price.

Last weekend I found some Tredstone tall boots that I really liked.Priced about $295! Has anyone worn these? I can't seem to find much info online about them. Googling and such always brings me back to Treadstone and I thought these were a different company. Am I wrong?

Are Tredstone and Treadstone seperate companies or one business?

Any info is appreciated! Thank you!!

Dec. 7, 2009, 09:57 PM
I love these boots! I have a pair and they are wonderful. I love all of their boots, definitely made to last.

Dec. 8, 2009, 10:45 AM
Yes, I have the Treadstone French Calf ones that I bought after running to the car to do a search on COTH on my husband's iPhone. They got good reviews on here by the way :) I got mine at Equus Now which might have better prices than you've found: http://www.equusnow.com/prodlist_brand.asp?idmanufacuture=108&IDCategory=125 They break in SUPER easy and are very comfortable. I love my leg in them and have deeper heels than I ever did in my Effinghams that had worn out after 12 years of hard wearing. I'm afraid I've only worn them through one horse trial though before hanging up my spurs for the next 9 months since I'm pregnant. My only concern about them is that they may be too soft- that or else I worked too hard to break them in, thinking they'd be difficult like all other boots. I did the warm water dunk for the boot tops, then wore them for a day. These boots really, really didn't need that. Hope this helps!!

ETA: Treadstone and Treadstep are separate companies.

Dec. 8, 2009, 12:49 PM
I have the Ariat Crownes and once they got broken in they turned into absolutely AMAZING boots. Very supportive and they look really nice and flatter you position.
I do agree they are pretty expensive (I got them for 40% off from my local tack store :)) But they are holding up way better than my older, cheaper boots and fit me so much better also.

Dec. 8, 2009, 01:33 PM
I was one of the people who started the "COTH Treadstone Boot Revolution". They are truly fantastic for the price. I had bought other Treadstone products in the past and saw the boots for $90 on Ebay, so I nabbed them--and I wouldn't trade them for anything less than $$$ custom boots. They're lovely and don't look cheap at ALL.

For those concerned about the potential softness of the french calf boots, the $250 economy model should not be overlooked. They look WAY BETTER in person than they do in that dreadful picture on Equus Now's web site. They are supple and easy to wear without pain, but the leather is thicker and sturdier than the calfskin version. If nobody told you they were $250 boots, you wouldn't know. Here's mine: