PDA

View Full Version : Yet another TB pedigree question

SuperEventer
Dec. 7, 2009, 03:34 PM
Hey to those with TB knowledge... This is my Prelim/*(hopefully, soon to move up) horse's TB pedigree... Just wondering what you guys think of it?!??!! Didn't make a great racehorse, but boy can he jump!

SuperEventer
Dec. 7, 2009, 03:34 PM
Oops, brain fart...
http://www.pedigreequery.com/little+jitterbug

SuperEventer
Dec. 9, 2009, 08:11 PM
*bump*

teamwallace
Dec. 10, 2009, 09:29 AM
Your guy is a distant relative to my horse Jackson and Good For Me--(recently passed), through Ta Wee. Jackson(retired due to injury) competed to the advanced level and won all the way up and a CIC***. And Goody won all the way up to prelim and won his first CCI*.Both were incredible jumpers--with untouchable scope,very competitive, and were on the slower side, but had plenty of speed for upper levels. So I think your guy has good lines :) I would love it if I could find more with these lines.Good luck and have fun!

bornfreenowexpensive
Dec. 10, 2009, 10:24 AM
What a Pleasure is great to have so close. Through him you have Grey Flight and Mahmoud...both very good for sport.

The "Pleasure" line horses are often very good movers and classic jumpers. My understanding is that it is a line that you saw often in show hunters.

My mare has it on top but through Foolish Pleasure...but Foolish Pleasure was out of an Intentionally granddaughter (through In Reality)...so similar. My mare only went to Prelim so far...because of me...but I jumped her around a course of 4'6 pretty easily and she has fabulous movement (usually gets 8 or 9s on her gaits in her collective marks from top judges).

Turn-to is also really nice to have up close and I know a few people that really like to see Double Jay...but I'm not as familar with him.

This is a neat pedigree in that is has a lot of very old blood up close...a lot of the names I'm seeing in the 4th and 5th generation you usually don't see until the second or third pages of a lot of pedigrees.

Have fun with him!

SuperEventer
Dec. 10, 2009, 05:10 PM
Thanks for your input! I've often wondered about his pedigree, as it's very different from other OTTB's I've seen. (not that I know a ton)

He has INCREDIBLE scope. He's been called a "freak of nature" by many. haha He is very brave and honest, and he LOVES his job. I can't wait to move him up this year! He's definately been my once in a lifetime horse!