PDA

View Full Version : Good Beginner Lessons in Montery, CA area

trinityhill
Dec. 7, 2009, 08:10 AM
One of my littlest students is leaving me...for California! Other than being jealous while sitting here is cold upstate NY, I am a little nervous to send them out looking for a barn for her to keep riding at.
She is a leadliner at the grand age of 5, has an incredible desire to learn, always asking more questions than I can even keep up with answering while she is here, and she even retains all your answers to the 10,000 questions. We have been working on the basics on the lead, turning, squeezeing, halting, position, a few steps of posting trot here and there, and ground work grooming and tacking up. This year on her birthday the only thing she asked mom for was to be able to come out and ride her favorite pony Elle.
She is going to need someone to take good care of her, as she will be needing 1-on-1 on the leadline for quite some time, and than a good long time on the lunge line before she is ever permitted to be set free both because of size and age. Does anyone know of any smaller places with a lot of experience in working with younger beginners, with a good reputation for me to tell them to go check out?

PonyPenny
Dec. 7, 2009, 11:30 AM
Pebble Beach Equestrian Center may be a good option for her. They have training for all level of riders and it is right on the beach. Here is the website for more info. www.ridepebblebeach.com.

cgray0983
Dec. 7, 2009, 12:21 PM
Sent you a PM.

trinityhill
Dec. 7, 2009, 07:39 PM
Thanks PonyPenny and cgray. Pebble Beach lists that they have to be 7 to begin with them, but the farm you recommended cgray via PM may be an option. Any others for us to check out for the munchkin?

cgray0983
Dec. 7, 2009, 08:31 PM
I don't know a lot of barns in the Monterey area, only up here in the Bay Area, and there are a bunch. I will keep thinking and ask around :-)

trinityhill
Dec. 7, 2009, 08:52 PM
For a good barn her mom is likely to travel at least 30+ minutes anyways, as she does to come here from where she is currently staying. Keeping the little one safe and having her in a good program is top priority over being really close.