PDA

View Full Version : T-boots...frozen???

SkipChange
Dec. 6, 2009, 03:51 PM
I've had this pair of T-boots since June and I love them. However, it got cold one night a few weeks ago and the liners seemed a little stiff. I just kinda massaged them with my hands and they loosened up. Well today I came out and they are ROCK HARD. It got below freezing last night, so I guess they froze??? They were not wet or even damp at all. I dont know what to do with them now. I brought them home into the warm house and I guess I will try soaking them in water. Has this happened to anyone else? Someone please tell me they aren't ruined forever.

JA
Dec. 6, 2009, 04:15 PM
Memory foam gets hard in cold weather, all you need to do is put them in a warm room and they will get softer. I don't think I would soak them in water. They should be fine. If not I would contact equifit

SkipChange
Dec. 6, 2009, 04:26 PM
They seem to be recovering already just sitting in the 68 degree house. If they get hard so easily, will I be able to use them when it's cold outside? Seems like it would be uncomfortable if they're hard. I wonder how cold it has to be for them to get hard...

Carolinadreamin'
Dec. 6, 2009, 04:26 PM
Yep, once it gets cold, we keep ours at home and bring them out when needed.

Tha Ridge
Dec. 6, 2009, 05:18 PM
I'd imagine that once they're actually on the horse, they'd be fine, as the horse's body heat should keep them pliable.

spmoonie
Dec. 6, 2009, 05:46 PM
Yup, they get hard when it gets cold outside. They warm up fairly quickly once they are on the horse. Or, if you have a small heater or something, placing them on that for a few minutes will help. :)

heartinrye
Dec. 6, 2009, 05:48 PM
My open fronts sat in my house's garage all winter last year (thats what you get for waiting till the last minute to pack!) and they were perfectly fine this past summer after being frozen all winter long :)

SkipChange
Dec. 6, 2009, 06:15 PM
Thanks everyone! My minor panic attack is over. The seem perfectly normal now and I'm glad to know this is normal. :)

Not So Practical Horse(WO)man
Dec. 6, 2009, 09:26 PM
I leave them in the barn and put them on my horse first thing when getting ready. By the time I head out they're soft and normal again!

Bluehorsesjp
Dec. 7, 2009, 12:13 AM
mine were hard as a rock before my lesson yesterday. It was around 20 degrees outside, but somewhat warmer in the "heated" tack room. When I took them off after my lesson they felt normal. And my horses legs were fine as well.