PDA

View Full Version : never mind

horsestuff4me09
Dec. 6, 2009, 11:16 AM
Anyone ever heard of this place? I got an email from the Program Director in regards to an eventing camp they are having over the winter break. There website looks good, but I have never heard of them.

THanks!

tarheelmd07
Dec. 6, 2009, 02:22 PM
sending you a pm

eventrider
Dec. 6, 2009, 05:11 PM
I would PM, but I bet Tarheel will tell you all that you need to know.

LexInVA
Dec. 6, 2009, 05:59 PM
Ahhhh....I see.

Calibrachoa
Dec. 6, 2009, 07:58 PM
I am so unbelievably curious...

midnightride
Dec. 6, 2009, 09:15 PM
Anyone ever heard of this place? Its in Mebane, NC. I got an email from the PRogram Director in regards to an eventing camp they are having over the winter break. There website looks good, but I have never heard of them.

THanks!

so they contacted me about a mare for lease, i can not get much of a website..... just a black page and a few paragraphs about them....... what are you getting?????:confused::confused::confused:

LexInVA
Dec. 6, 2009, 09:39 PM
As you all know, unlike the beautiful (and apparently nice too) Miss Trainor, I have no qualms about opening my pie hole to share my sunshine with the world. At any rate, here are some facts about the bidness that become readily apparent after you look closely at them:

1. The business was originally part of an "Equestrian Development". Yeah, one of those. You know the kind. Rich people who buy 10-20 acres and plop their horses at some community-run barn and pretend they are living the Equestrian Lifestyle. Anyway, the person who owns the business bought the old dairy barn over a decade ago and supposedly dumped a lot of money into it or got the developer to pony up (no pun intended) the cheese to bring the facility up to specs for communal use but for the better part of a decade, the business was almost completely dormant with the collapse of the planned Equestrian community until very recently when they went on an advertising binge to get business from the pony princess demographic.

2. The individual behind the business claims to be an Honors graduate of the Morven Park International Equestrian Institute with 30-something years of experience in Eventing and other Equestrian sports. That educational institution hasn't been around for almost twenty years so it's not like you can really call them out on that but they have no verifiable record of being an Eventer or Equestrian nor have they had membership in the USEA or USEF for several years.

3. The lady who runs the business as a trainer/coach is on the USEF "BANNED4LIFE!" list along with such names as Jon "Method Actor" Soresi, Paul "The French Tickler" Valliere, and Barney "The Nice Guy" Ward. Just like her employer, she has no established record as an Eventer or verifiable credibility as a professional Equestrian based on anything other than their own claims of "know-how". Associating with her could get you in some dog poop or at the very least shunned by those who dwell on Candy Mountain.

4. Their business focuses on children. Tweens and post-toddler adolescents to be specific. Nothing alarming about that unless their conduct and behavior raise the Pedo-Bear flag for you when you watch them. They don't really travel outside of the local area for competitions because they only have a single two-horse trailer and rely on a third-party "guy with a truck". Their Eventing team is supposed to be for young riders, specifically teens, but I can't say they have anyone there who can actually coach such a team unless they have brought in someone from the local community which doesn't seem to be the case from what I've seen of their business arrangements. That area is eventrider's neck of the woods so she'd be more in the know on who's doing what with whom.

ncsuequine
Dec. 6, 2009, 09:40 PM
sent pm

jen-s
Dec. 6, 2009, 10:47 PM
Lex---wow. Just wow. Thanks for the heads up.

JER
Dec. 6, 2009, 11:47 PM
3. The lady who runs the business as a trainer/coach is on the USEF "BANNED4LIFE!" list along with such names as Jon "Method Actor" Soresi, Paul "The French Tickler" Valliere, and Barney "The Nice Guy" Ward. Just like her employer, she has no established record as an Eventer or verifiable credibility as a professional Equestrian based on anything other than their own claims of "know-how". Associating with her could get you in some dog poop or at the very least shunned by those who dwell on Candy Mountain.

If the above is true, then why is the USEA promoting this entity on the USEA Blog (http://useventing.com/blog/?p=1954)?

LexInVA
Dec. 7, 2009, 12:41 AM
I don't know. That particular thing initially confused me so you'd have to ask the wonderful Miss Emily about that but it really isn't that hard to get something up there if you tell the right people in the USEA chain of communication who will pass it along to her. NCSUEQUINE fervently insists that the trainer has worked with big Eventing names like Phyllis Dawson, Mike Plumb, and Torrance Watkins so that alleged claim might have something to do with it despite the fact that there is no mention of the supposedly highly respected and regarded trainer or the business ANYWHERE in any form outside of their own advertisements and a few random articles and forum postings mentioning the business over the past two-three years despite the fact that they have been there for almost a decade now. That's a pretty big red flag.

Anyway, NCSUEQUINE, who is one of the two people mentioned in this thread as running the business, confessed herself in a PM to me after I posted that that she is on the suspended list. She alleges it is because of unpaid fees, insists she didn't know about it until I brought it up, and will pay it promptly but I can't take that as anything other than a "So what!" like everything else she ranted about in the PM she sent me as she runs all over the net claiming to be different people at this business. In most postings elsewhere she's the "Program Director", in the PM she's a long-time client of almost six years, another post has her claiming to be a random staff member, and so on and so on. There's a lot of things that don't add up about that business based on what they say and there's next to nothing on record about the so called trainers or anything regarding their alleged associations/accomplishments other than what they say themselves. Everything I posted was gleamed from facts of record when checked with their own postings/claims/advertisements. I think this thread was a plant by them to self-promote as we occasionally see people doing that given that the poster was brand new and this was their first posting as well as another thread in Off Course where they asked the same thing.

JER
Dec. 7, 2009, 12:54 AM
Lex, I suspect the press release was posted on the USEA Blog because, until very recently, the USEA Blog had a very bad habit of posting press releases as 'journalism.'

But this is exactly why the USEA -- or any organization or media outlet -- should do a little bit of fact-checking and verification before publishing someone else's press release under their imprimatur.

LexInVA
Dec. 7, 2009, 01:01 AM
Lex, I suspect the press release was posted on the USEA Blog because, until very recently, the USEA Blog had a very bad habit of posting press releases as 'journalism.'

But this is exactly why the USEA -- or any organization or media outlet -- should do a little bit of fact-checking and verification before publishing someone else's press release under their imprimatur.

Eggzactly! Based on what I dug up, I surmise that they simply contacted the appropriate person in the Area organization to put it on their event calendar and it rolled up the hill from them. The text is pretty much identical to what I saw outside the USEA blog so I don't think it's really so much Emily's fault for doing her job even if you can lay the blame on her.

Janet
Dec. 7, 2009, 06:45 AM
. The lady who runs the business as a trainer/coach is on the USEF "BANNED4LIFE!" list along with such names as Jon "Method Actor" Soresi, Paul "The French Tickler" Valliere, and Barney "The Nice Guy" Ward. Just like her employer, she has no established record as an Eventer or verifiable credibility as a professional Equestrian based on anything other than their own claims of "know-how". Associating with her could get you in some dog poop or at the very least shunned by those who dwell on Candy Mountain.

I know NOTHING about this organizatipon or the people, but I looked up the suspension list.

On the list, the VAST MAJORITY (probably over 90%) have no end date - and are on it for non payment of some sort of fees.

With a suspension date of 2003, it is highly unlikely that she is "banned for life" for a major transgression, and much more likely that she is there for non-payment of some sort.

None the less, as a "suspended person", she is NOT allowed on competition grounds.