PDA

View Full Version : Stealing riding videos on YouTube - how to report?

supershorty628
Dec. 5, 2009, 09:34 PM
Does anyone have any idea of how to contact YouTube about someone posting false information and impersonating people? One of my friends sent me a link to a round that is definitely my horse in the high juniors at Vermont this summer, but it's not my link to it and the person who posted it is pretending to be me. I don't really know what to do about this. She is also pretending to be Reed Kessler. All of my attempts to contact YouTube have failed, and I really don't like that someone is pretending to have my horse and be me. Help, please!

For comparison, here's the round she posted that is "hers": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iT0b5nTcYug

And here's my high round: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noPa8CtUb94

SkipChange
Dec. 5, 2009, 09:41 PM
That's terrible!

Did you try "Flagging the video" as "infringes my rights" "infringes my copyright"?

supershorty628
Dec. 5, 2009, 09:46 PM
Yes, and it didn't work. I figured out how to report the profile, though, and I'm asking everyone I know to do the same so perhaps YouTube will close it... hopefully that will do something.

Not So Practical Horse(WO)man
Dec. 5, 2009, 09:47 PM
Lol anyone dumb enough to believe that that was her first time jumping 4'6" and they they asked her to fill the class is just as foolish as this girl is. I understand you're pissed, I would be too. YouTube takes awhile sometimes to sort through things like this, obviously a huge company and can't look at every single complaint. For now, just take it as a compliment that she aspires to be you. Totally wrong that she is pretending to be you. I would also send her a private message that says something like,

"Though I am flattered you admire me so, I hope you can understand why it upsets me that you are pretending to be me when I have worked hard for all my accomplishments and riding ability. I would very much appreciate it if you could take the video down alltogether and understand the serious effect that impersonation, fraud, and stealing are. I know you meant it innocently but it is very upsetting to me. Thank You, supershorty628"

MHM
Dec. 5, 2009, 09:47 PM
I don't know what to tell you about the Youtube aspect of it, but I like your horse. Very cute. :)

Hip
Dec. 5, 2009, 09:48 PM
I'm not that 'up' on youtube but if all else fails, can you post a comment below the video?? I can't see the video so you'd have to check to see if comments are still enabled. :sigh:

SkipChange
Dec. 5, 2009, 09:49 PM
I think I just reported the profile as well. Best of luck on getting this taken care of, you have a lovely horse.

supershorty628
Dec. 5, 2009, 09:52 PM
Haha, no lie, that WAS my first time jumping a 4'6'' course (my horse's first time too!)... just not this girl's!
Thanks for the suggestions and compliments, they are greatly appreciated!

staceyk
Dec. 5, 2009, 09:52 PM
I think the junior rider that rode the brindle warmblood horse (Natal?) had a similar experience, with footage of her rounds being claimed by someone else.

This person didn't steal the footage, right? He or she took their own footage and is just claiming to be you, the rider, as I understand it. If s/he took his/her own footage of your round, I'm not sure if youtube will see it as infringement.

But it's strange behavior, isn't it?

supershorty628
Dec. 5, 2009, 09:53 PM
No, the footage is mine. My mom took it. I don't know who took the footage of Reed.

Not So Practical Horse(WO)man
Dec. 5, 2009, 09:56 PM
Haha, no lie, that WAS my first time jumping a 4'6'' course (my horse's first time too!)... just not this girl's!
Thanks for the suggestions and compliments, they are greatly appreciated!

HOLY CRAP! That was your first time jumping that height. It looks like you do it every day! New hero? I think so.

This person didn't steal the footage, right? He or she took their own footage and is just claiming to be you, the rider, as I understand it. If s/he took his/her own footage of your round, I'm not sure if youtube will see it as infringement.

They did steal the footage. supershorty gives this girls link and then her own link and the footage is the exact same POV and everything

heartinrye
Dec. 5, 2009, 10:02 PM
Haha your actual video comes up as the first "related video" - hmmm wonder why?
I saw you riding at VT this year and I remember thinking that your horse has a very interesting style, but that you guys were great together! Good luck!

kellidahorsegirl
Dec. 5, 2009, 10:06 PM
wow, thats just sick and wrong. I'll go report it as well and hopefully it gets sorted out for you.

I love how she takes your 'info' from your video and recreates it to be the beginning clips of hers....word for WORD.

That user name looks familiar....I think she recently subscribed to my videos....

But on the plus side, I love watching your rounds!

klmck63
Dec. 5, 2009, 10:19 PM
The video has been removed by the user... I wonder if she's on COTH, too?

:lol:

I aspire to one day be good enough that people will want to pretend to be me. ;):lol:

kellidahorsegirl
Dec. 5, 2009, 10:21 PM
All the vids of 'her' have been removed :D yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!

agreed klmck! I wish people would steel my stuff too LMFAO (kidding!!!!!)

supershorty628
Dec. 5, 2009, 10:23 PM
Seems like the whole account is gone now. Case closed! Thanks, everyone!

Haalter
Dec. 5, 2009, 10:24 PM
Before she took the videos down, I noticed there was one from Maclay Finals...did she use Zazou's round? :lol:

I think it's amusing that 2009 Vermont was her first time doing 4'6", yet somehow she did the high juniors at Devon in May :lol:

Glad this has been resolved - and thanks for the links, I am now in love with Reed Kessler's horse!

kellidahorsegirl
Dec. 5, 2009, 10:38 PM
Was Reed Kessler the one in the Devon High Junior round??? ADORABLE horse!!!!

supershorty628
Dec. 5, 2009, 10:39 PM
Yes, that was Reed and her horse Flight. She has done the equitation on him and placed 9th at USET Finals with him.

kellidahorsegirl
Dec. 5, 2009, 10:42 PM
Cool...good for her :)

All I know supershorty is that you and your horse seem to have a style all your own...its very unmistakable (to me). Just sad someone had to steel your footage, but its resolved now.

Its just funny how DUMB "criminals" are.....if you're gonna take someone's credit, do NOT use well known riders, classes, events.....you just get caught and made the fool. Sigh.

LeeB10
Dec. 6, 2009, 12:27 PM
How did you find out that she had done that. For what purpose would someone do that do you think - it seems a tad odd.

supershorty628
Dec. 6, 2009, 04:41 PM
I found out when one of my friends (who had some of her videos stolen as well) came across the videos and sent them to me. As for why someone would do that, you've got me.