PDA

View Full Version : Full seats for the apple bottom types

FLeckenAwesome
Dec. 5, 2009, 09:39 PM
Hello!
I'm wondering if anyone can offer advice as to what full seat breeches to buy!

I have a small thin figure but was "blessed" with a ... well...badonkadonk! It's...perky...to say the least. So.... I'm having a hard time finding full seats that I like!

I have a few pairs that are okay... but am hoping to find a few others that will work.

The ribbed pair from Kerrits... eh.... I don't like the triangle type panel in the front as it feels like it's pulling my butt to the front! Hee hee.. I mean.. it just feels like it's too tight in front, so there is pressure on my butt. (I'll just shut up now..), but they aren't too bad.

The kerrits breathe tights are great... perfect, but.. the knee patch bothers me a bit... as it seems to stick to my leg and pull them down a bit. Plus...they are cold in the winter and not that cool in the summer.

I have a pair of irideons ribbed full seats and they are just a bit too much. I sorta feel like I'm wearing a diaper with them.

Then I tried on some tuff riders.. .ribbed full seats. They were the high waist, which annoys me but I can roll them down. However... when I do that... and sit... the seat comes down and shows too much of my butt!

So... help please! Does anyone make any apple bottom full seats? That aren't super hot and preferably not ribbed? And in the $100 or less price range?!?

Thanks in advance!!!

kcrubin
Dec. 5, 2009, 09:58 PM
Try the F.I.T.s!

foxhavenfarm
Dec. 5, 2009, 10:25 PM
OMG ROFL!!! Thank you so much for the laugh of the day!

Oh, and I can relate completely.:winkgrin:

skip916
Dec. 5, 2009, 10:28 PM
i love the tuffrider low rise ones. i have one pair ribbed and one pair not. the ribbed ones hide any other "flaws" (i have plenty) a little better though...

they are a great price and are warmish in winter.

Toadie's mom
Dec. 5, 2009, 10:35 PM
Ok, I don't have any advice about the breeches. I just have to comment since I always listen to "Baby Got Back" B4 a jumping lesson, and today was one of those days :winkgrin:

Wish I could help but I'll just be jealous instead. I had an ex-boyfriend who used to comment way too often about my flat butt :mad:

sheltoneb
Dec. 5, 2009, 10:45 PM
I have the same type of problem. One thing that helps is after I have put on the half chaps, I pull on the full seat part on my breeches above the top of the half chap to create some slack in the fabric. This prevents the breeches from being pulled down when I get on the horse. I ride in the tuff riders and this prevents the problem you were describing with them for me.

FLeckenAwesome
Dec. 5, 2009, 11:18 PM
Thanks guys! I didn't try the low rise tuff riders....so that may make a difference.

And... hmmm.... I didn't have boots on when I tried them on, so you're right.. it may help to pull them up a bit with the half chaps.

Thanks guys!!!

citydog
Dec. 5, 2009, 11:23 PM
The Tropical Riders ones can be accommodating, and if you sign up for their email list you get take advantage of their big(!) sales.

The only truly comfy fullseats I've ever had have been customs from Equissentials. More than $100, but when I realized how many pairs of $50 breeches I had that were uncomfortable and seldom got worn more than a couple of times because I ended up thinking about *them* rather than my ride, it made sense to do the customs.

missamandarose
Dec. 6, 2009, 10:58 AM
I, too, was "blessed" with a booty of unnatural proportions, and I just cannot wear full seats. But your fanny might not be as fabulous as mine ;)

I thought that because the FITS are paneled they might work, but my booty is so... abundant? that the butt patches don't even sit where they should! LOL. I did love how comfy they were otherwise though, and ended up ordering the extended patch FITS and I love them. The only down side is that they are a little long, and being tiny as you are, even a small might be super long in the leg for you. But don't give up on them... give 'em a try! .

And just like anything in this world, you have to try on every size, cut and style of every brand to find the ones that fit just right!

eponacowgirl
Dec. 6, 2009, 11:16 AM
I have the cotton natural shapelys in knee patch and they're fantastic- you may try them in the full seat version!

magnolia73
Dec. 6, 2009, 11:22 AM
I bought a pair of Treadstone breeches from SmartPak- they fit great. I'd size up one or two sizes. I went with a 40.... normally a 36 and the 40 is perfect, but could nip in the waist an in inch or two. They fit me at waist line, which is nice, and the full seat is comfortable. The downside is that they only appear to come in plaid. The fabric is a nice stretch cotton, but not too heavy, and not too skimpy. They are at your price limit.

fatorangehorse
Dec. 6, 2009, 11:30 AM
I have the same problem. Low rise - solves the waist fit problem for me in most breeches. I've also done ok with Ariat Fairfax and Ovation stretch-weave etc. for cheaper schooling breeches. The fabric is very stretchy to accommodate.

The Pikeur Ciara or Cindy low-rise worked for me too if you want high end breeches. I don't remember which it is I have. I cut the tags out because they were itchy.

Good luck.

purplnurpl
Dec. 7, 2009, 11:31 AM
Thanks guys! I didn't try the low rise tuff riders....so that may make a difference.

And... hmmm.... I didn't have boots on when I tried them on, so you're right.. it may help to pull them up a bit with the half chaps.

Thanks guys!!!

here ya go girl!
http://www.legacytack.com/pc/10084/BREECH/On+Course+Cotton+Naturals+Shapely+Full+Seat+Breech es.html
don't forget my coupon code!

if you are looking to spend a little bit o money try equessentials. They do custom sizes.
They really are amazing.

teddygirl
Dec. 7, 2009, 12:07 PM
I have the same build that you describe and find that the best choice is the "shapely" fit of the cotton naturals. I have them in both the full seat and the knee patch. Only problem is that if you ride hard they won't last forever, but they're cheap enough. Usually get them from horse-rider-etc.com

Kairoshorses
Dec. 7, 2009, 12:26 PM
I know they're expensive, but I LOVE FITS. They're worth every penny, imho.

bornfreenowexpensive
Dec. 7, 2009, 12:54 PM
Can't do the fits....I think it draws too much attention to my behind....and I don't like that. Yes...I've got a very apple shaped and right now WAY too large back side (working on that).

I tend to buy up a size or two...and wear a belt. For show, I like the Pikeur. Some of the Ariat have fit ok as well. I had a great TS pair...but haven't found them again.

But the key is wear a belt. Especially if you are like me and have a waist but that apple behind. I find if I get the breeches that fit my behind right...they are too large in the waist...hence the need of a belt.

Mtn trails
Dec. 7, 2009, 04:41 PM
I love the Shapely breeches. I also have a badonkadonk and they are very comfortable and actually don't gape in the back and fit through the hips and thigh.

kcrubin
Dec. 7, 2009, 04:48 PM
oh great Bornfree - love my FITS now I'm going to be thinking about them accenting the areas that don't need accents!

Galadriël Fëfalas
Dec. 7, 2009, 05:03 PM
There's a company in England called Fuller Fillies who do clothes for the 'larger lady', jodphurs, breeches, shirts, jackets, half chaps/gaiters ...

I have a pair of their Puppi jods, they are very generously cut and don't look any different to "regular" sized jods.

http://www.saddlery.biz/search.asp?SearchType=ALL
have a small selection of the range (and ship worldwide)

more here
http://www.equiprider.com/search.php
they also ship internationally (from England) that site's whole range is for us big girls!

bornfreenowexpensive
Dec. 7, 2009, 06:43 PM
oh great Bornfree - love my FITS now I'm going to be thinking about them accenting the areas that don't need accents!

LOL....don't give it a second thought!:lol:

I have "issues" with that area that are all mine! You know, I was one of those girls who was 5'9", 115 lbs and mostly legs and yet was wearing a sweat shirt tied around my waist to hid my butt. STUPID..should have flaunted it when I had it good:winkgrin:

FLeckenAwesome
Dec. 7, 2009, 07:49 PM
Thanks so much guys! I appreciate it! I'll definitely look into them and try some on. I just hate breeches shopping. And now I'm spoiled and want all full seats....

Of course now the tack store has Ariat tall boots on sale for 50% off, so.... I'm trying to NOT buy them and spend more money that I don't have.

birdsong
Dec. 7, 2009, 07:51 PM
LOL....don't give it a second thought!:lol:

I have "issues" with that area that are all mine! You know, I was one of those girls who was 5'9", 115 lbs and mostly legs and yet was wearing a sweat shirt tied around my waist to hid my butt. STUPID..should have flaunted it when I had it good:winkgrin:

God kept me meek by not allowing me to realize how great I looked...WHEN I looked great! sigh I didn't like for my thins arms to show and always wore tops out instead of tucking them in...now I have too!
Now I too have a smallish waste with one of those bonkadonkadonks bonking along behind me. sigh