PDA

View Full Version : Ainsley Pro national Saddle?

caryledee
Dec. 5, 2009, 01:34 PM
Does anyone have experience with this saddle? Does it put you in a good position?
I am also trying to figure out how wide a wide tree is on it.
Thanks!

QHEventr
Dec. 5, 2009, 02:52 PM
I have one of the older model Pro Nationals and LOVE it. I have run through advanced and CCI** LF in it and it keeps me secure over the big fences. I have had trouble actually adjusting to any other jump saddle because I really love my ainsley. It does encourage your lower leg to sit just in front of the hip because it is a true XC saddle. Also, I find that the reg tree, which I have, is a pretty roomy regular tree.

Hope this helps

Johanna

caevent
Dec. 5, 2009, 02:59 PM
I think it's a good saddle, but more suited to tall, leggy riders. I'm 5'5" and wasn't very secure in it.

QHEventr
Dec. 5, 2009, 03:07 PM
I'm 5'3'' and have been VERY secure.....I tend to ride with short stirrups though, and I am long through my thigh, that might make a difference

VWBug
Dec. 5, 2009, 03:15 PM
Have it, LOVE IT. It makes me feel very secure o/f. And for whatever it's worth, I'm also 5'3.

bornfreenowexpensive
Dec. 5, 2009, 04:11 PM
I had one too (older one). I'm 5'9" with fairly long legs.

It worked great on one of my horses and we did a lot of prelims in it. But it didn't work as well or put me in the same balance on my next horse.

So I think it is a saddle that if it fits you and fits the horse works great;)

FWIW--It was good for me in stadium as well as xc.

Bogie
Dec. 5, 2009, 04:34 PM
The older ones are nicer than the new ones.

I'm 6' tall and I found it worked pretty well for me. It did put me in a bit of a chair seat but it was okay for xc.

Personally, I liked the older Ainsley Chesters better.

caryledee
Dec. 5, 2009, 06:35 PM
Thanks everyone! I found one on ebay and purchased it. I have a very long thigh and have always wanted to give this saddle a try.

I just hope it isn't too wide; the tree is a wide. My horses are all around 17 hand TBs with big bodies though...hopefully it will fit at least one of them!

ottb
Dec. 7, 2009, 07:53 AM
Thanks everyone! I found one on ebay and purchased it. I have a very long thigh and have always wanted to give this saddle a try.

I just hope it isn't too wide; the tree is a wide. My horses are all around 17 hand TBs with big bodies though...hopefully it will fit at least one of them!rather too wide than too narrow. They do seem to run a little wide - I have what was described as a M/N and it fits a few of my not very wide bodied TBs.