PDA

View Full Version : Berney Bros XC monoflap

Dec. 4, 2009, 02:04 PM
Any info on this saddle would be much appreciated. I have a ottb, 10 yr, high withers, big wide shoulder. Hard to fit.
Thanks for any info..

JFS
Dec. 4, 2009, 02:19 PM
Both my boys have a Berney Brothers monoflap and they have competed at the Intermediate & Prelim levels. Actually my younger son got too tall for his so if you're interested I might be willing to let it go.

Anyway, if you're getting it directly from Berney Brothers they could probably flock the saddle to fit your horse better. We have had to have ours re-stuffed to fit a new horse. The saddles are very well made and tough, I think ours are close to 10 years old. One even survived getting tossed out of the trailer onto a paved road with only a little road rash :)

I don't know what they are like now, but I found the seat a little hard but my boys really like them. There are saddles out there that are nicer, but the quality is good for the price (at least when the exchange rate was good when we got ours)

Send me a PM if you want any more info are interested in the spare one we have right now.

Jackie

faluut42
Dec. 4, 2009, 02:34 PM
I have a custom berney bros monoflap and it fits my mare and she has big shoulders but it didnt fit that great for a horse with high withers. its a custom and the only berney bro ive seen so it might be diffrent.