PDA

View Full Version : Anyone need a pony eventer prospect on the very cheap?

Miss C
Dec. 4, 2009, 10:38 AM
This little guy looks like he'd be a cross-country machine -- I just took on a rescue a few weeks ago and can't really take on a pony, but I bet this guy would be great for the right kid. He goes to auction on Monday and it looks like offers will be entertained if anyone wants to take a chance. He looks like he loves to jump, he's 13.2 but I'm guessing he thinks he's much bigger!

At the bottom of the page
http://www.ac4h.com/BrokerOwned4.htm

seeuatx
Dec. 4, 2009, 11:14 AM
Someone please get him. I keep watching his video thinking he would make some kid very happy on Christmas. I think he would be a blast for Pony Club/4-h kids. I don't have any little ones, but if I did he'd be home with me wearing a big red bow.

acking01
Dec. 4, 2009, 11:30 AM
Yeah, I have been drooling over him for the past few days. I keep thinking "if only I had a child".... :eek:

Miss C
Dec. 4, 2009, 03:55 PM
It has been suggested to me that the broker who owns this little guy will likely barter, potentially quite a bit, since he has been at the brokers for some time. If anyone has an interest please fax an offer to Christy at 610-621-5299.

eventmom
Dec. 4, 2009, 10:05 PM
Where is the pony located?

archieflies
Dec. 4, 2009, 10:23 PM
Ack... I already have one pony eventer in my backyard that needs to find someplace else to live! Don't post cute pony videos!

$1500? Is that really considered "very cheap" for a pony with no history? Heck, mine's competed and I'd take that!

But aren't we all suckers for a precious pony?

seeuatx
Dec. 4, 2009, 10:51 PM
Where is the pony located?

I'm not sure exactly, but with AC4H the horse dealers they try to spring these guys from are usually in fairly close proximity to New Holland. Somewhere in Bucks, Berk, or Lehigh co. PA I would assume. If interested I would call AC4H to find out for sure.

eventmom
Dec. 4, 2009, 11:17 PM
I am thinking about starting to look, but honestly this pony looks to be on speed or something. Not too many kids can ride a pony like that with confidence.
I am sure he would be fine with mileage, but would not spend 1500 to fix the problem.

Miss C
Dec. 4, 2009, 11:42 PM
I agree, he looks like he would not be ideal for "up/down" purposes. The video seems to make him look quicker, too. To me he looks very "gung ho" but not out of control. The website says to make an offer so I am guessing he could be had for much less. Not sure why I am so captivated by him, maybe I just wish I'd had one like him when I was a kid!

pday09
Dec. 5, 2009, 05:35 PM
Need... no. :-( Want? YES. That pony is epically cute! Someone please put him under the christmas tree! :-)