PDA

View Full Version : RIP.. Cindy Jordan Walker

Equinoxfox
Dec. 4, 2009, 10:58 AM
IT has come to my understanding that another Horsewoman has passed the Golden Gates.
Cindy Jordan Walker of Chesapeake , Va . she was a well known and at one point successful Owner, Rider, Breeder and Exhibitor.
Not sure of the details but my deepest symphathy goes to the Jordan Family.
Godspeed......:yes:

Kipper10
Dec. 4, 2009, 03:39 PM
She was a great horsewoman and a wonderful judge! Condolences to her family.

Hunter_Rider
Dec. 4, 2009, 04:14 PM
Tonight from 7-9pm the family is having friends at Sturtevant's Funeral Home on Portsmouth Blvd. in Portsmouth, VA. The service is Saturday at 11 am. I know a lot of people are attending the VHSA convention and won't be able to attend the service.

I feel very badly for her family, both her mother and father were very close to her. Her mother closed the tack shop last December and retired.

Equinoxfox
Dec. 4, 2009, 04:27 PM
Please Do Not Take This The Wrong Way.
But do you know the cause of death.?
And YES, she was a good judge and at one point was a great voice in the Horse Show Community.

Hunter_Rider
Dec. 4, 2009, 05:30 PM
Sending you a PM.

Hunter_Rider
Dec. 5, 2009, 01:38 AM
Here is a copy of the obituary:

CHESAPEAKE – Cynthia Hope Jordan Walker of Lakeshore Drive died Wednesday, December 2, 2009 in her residence. She was born in Portsmouth on September 23, 1954. Cynthia always loved horses and animals from a young age. She was a member of the Churchland 4-H Horse & Pony Club and was President for two years. A graduate of Western Branch High School, she attended Southern Seminary College in Buena Vista, VA. When she graduated, she came home and started a riding school at her farm “Quiet Acres Farm” on Portsmouth Blvd. and took her students to horse shows all over the state. After a number of years, she closed her school and took her Gelding “Stowaway” on the A Circuit from Florida to the Grand National Horse Show in New York City winning all the way. She judged horse shows and held riding clinics in the area for many years. She helped form the Virginia Beach Horse Show Association and was their President. Cynthia obtained her real estate license and developed Riverbend in Chesapeake. She was an agent for Prudential Realty for several years. She worked at the family’s tack shop, Quiet Shoppe Saddlery, until the shop closed in January of this year. She is survived by her parents, Stanley H. and Barbara Jopson Jordan of Chesapeake. She was predeceased by a brother, Charles “Chuck” Jordan. A funeral will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday, December 5, in Sturtevant Funeral Home, Portsmouth Blvd. Chapel by the Rev. Tom Potter. Burial will be private in Evergreen Memorial Park. The family will receive friends at the funeral home Friday from 7-8 p.m. and other times at 3802 Pine Grove Circle, Chesapeake. Memorial donations may be made to EQUI-KIDS Therapeutic Riding Program, 2626 Heritage Park Dr., Va. Beach, VA 23456.