PDA

View Full Version : Rolex's "Event Type" Demonstration

TxEventer81
Dec. 3, 2009, 07:20 PM
I've seen a couple of sites which say that some of their youngsters have been selected to be apart of a young horse demonstration at Rolex... Is this still something the organizers are still offering for spectators? I finally get to go to Rolex and would love to budget time to watch this event if it's offered! Additionally, (aside from having a spectacular youngster ;) ) how would one's young horse get invited to the demonstration, i.e. is it winning certain FEH or YEH venues or just doing well at any venue?

I have a fascination with youngsters and breeding and love opportunities to learn :) Thanks so much!

HunterEventer
Dec. 4, 2009, 09:51 PM
Best thing to do is watch the Rolex website. As it gets closer they will start posting the "extras" information. Make sure you get up early on Sat/Sun for the inspections. They start lining up at 4am!

Kanga
Dec. 4, 2009, 10:48 PM
There are a few things in the works right now regarding the FEH Demonstration at Rolex. In previous years we have tried to have a nice varity of young horses (1 - 3 year olds) in the demonstration. Spectators can then see the different types of future event horses that are being bred. The demo has generally been done at lunch time on Friday. When we have more details on how it will run this year, then information will be posted here.

Thanks for your interest!!

TxEventer81
Dec. 5, 2009, 12:36 PM
Thanks so much!!! Like I said I just loooooffffffffffff youngsters and finally have my own British bred filly (weanling :cool: ) I also live closer to Lexington (within 2.5 hrs) so I am so excited to learn from so many wonderful people and events.

Here's a couple pix of the little diva :lol:

http://www2.snapfish.com/thumbnailshare/AlbumID=2809161009/a=45426530_45426530/otsc=SHR/otsi=SALBlink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfish/

TxEventer81
Dec. 5, 2009, 12:57 PM
Kanga... my filly's sire is also by Fleetwater Opposition. :) I just love that line! (obviously :lol: )