PDA

View Full Version : What color is a brown bridle?

Rescue_Rider9
Dec. 3, 2009, 11:34 AM
Ha so I know this may sound like a really dumb question, but I was looking at a bridle in dover for like $50 and is said brown. I have a wintec close contact saddle and its "carmel" colored and I have seen that newmarket is also a close color to my saddle. I want a bridle that will match it and with Christmas around the corner I want to ask for it for christmas, but I dont want my parents to spend a ton (under $100 would be great). Anyway, the brown looks like carmel in some pictures, but havana in others.. Does anyone know what color "brown" is?
Thanks

luise
Dec. 3, 2009, 11:38 AM
Don't know, but Dover has great online customer service (live chat). They have been very helpful whenever I have had a question about a particular product.

Hilary
Dec. 3, 2009, 02:04 PM
Well, "newmarket" is usually that bright orange "new tack" color - back from the days before most leather was dyed to a darker color.

Havana is sort of a medium brown.

Walnut is darker.

loshad
Dec. 3, 2009, 03:38 PM
And, of course, once all of those colors get properly oiled and conditioned, they turn a much darker brown.

Trixie
Dec. 4, 2009, 11:14 AM
I'm not a fan of any orange tack, especially bridles. It would probably be more flattering to use a more subtle bridle even if it doesn't match your saddle perfectly. I have a beautiful Arc de Triomphe and it started a sort of caramel color and then oiled into a lovely deep nut brown, perhaps that would work.