PDA

View Full Version : What website do you use to advertise your eventers?

TheBarnSlave24/7
Dec. 3, 2009, 10:41 AM
I have used Equine.com, but was wondering if there were any other websites that were good for selling event horses is the SE? thanks!

shawneeAcres
Dec. 3, 2009, 10:50 AM
I market quite a lot of hunter/jumpers/eventers/dressage horses and use Equine.com, Dreamhorse and Horsetopia primarily. But I find I sell just as many off my own website as any online advertising sites. I jsut tryed putting some free ads on Horseclicks yesterday, will see if I get anything from them, since it's free for photo ads, nothing lost if not. I seem to get the most REAL buyers from Dreamhorse. I have also used warmbloods-for-sale.com (not restricted to WB's BTW!) and sold a few thru that site. Horsetopia I like because for the cost you get a video for like $15.95, which is I think for 6 months so a great deal, BUT the video is just 1 minutes. MAKE SURE to put a video on your ads! It makes ALL the difference. Alsobe ready for the idiots and tire-kickers! That is why SO many people send horses to me to sell, it can be a nightmare dealing with people!

scubed
Dec. 3, 2009, 12:27 PM
And consider the usea3.org site, since we assume it would be mostly eventers looking there

TheBarnSlave24/7
Dec. 3, 2009, 01:50 PM
Awesome! Thanks!

eventingismylife
Dec. 3, 2009, 07:00 PM
I have had lots of luck on Dreamhorse. I have always gotten lots of feedback. Good luck!

Kairoshorses
Dec. 3, 2009, 09:08 PM
When I was looking for a horse, I looked at equine.com and dreamhorse. But I also:

1. Looked at USEA classifieds
2. Looked at every Area's web classified
3. Looked at COTH classified, and
4. Looked at every professional eventing barn's website I could find/think of.

I actually found the horse of my dreams on equine.com, but he was cross-listed on one of the USEA web classifieds.

maxxtrot
Dec. 3, 2009, 09:20 PM
i sell most of mine thru word of mouth, or on my website. have used dreamhorse, horseclicks, ect..

Groro
Dec. 6, 2009, 07:03 PM
I recently sent two event horses to Courtney Cooper at C Square Farm to sell. She had them both sold in less than 2 weeks. She handled everything including the vettings and I had my money is less than a week. It was a very good experience.

I usually sell my horses from one of the sales web sites like equine.com. But these two I wanted to get sold quickly as I no longer had a rider for them. Courtney has tons of contacts and folks looking for quality, so it was no problem to find buyers for them.

WNT
Dec. 6, 2009, 07:08 PM
I've had luck both buying and selling on Dreamhorse.

JWB
Dec. 7, 2009, 09:29 AM
I've had luck buying and selling through the Area 3 website. I don't know where you are located but I also LOVE Florida Sport Horse.
http://www.flsporthorse.com/
Check to see if you have similar local resources.!