PDA

View Full Version : Stephen Bradley clinic in MD Jan 9-10

pharmgirl
Dec. 3, 2009, 09:21 AM
Stephen Bradley is coming to do a clinic in MD in January. While I will not be able to ride b/c I am having my elbow hardware removed, mythical84 has graciously offered to ride my boy in the clinic to get him some much needed experience as we're both coming back from injuries (thanks mythical!).

I have seen Stephen work with people before, and love him, but it was with riders who were more Training and above. Does anyone know how he is with lower levels? My boy is just getting back from injury, and still really figuring his giant self out, and I wondered how Stephen might be for that.

OneMoreForTheRoad
Dec. 3, 2009, 09:43 AM
I rode in a Stephen Bradley clinic a while back when I first started eventing and he was awesome! We only did gridwork with him because I only rode in one day of the clinic but he was very encouraging and helped me figure out the differences between show jumping position and XC position.

PS. I'm riding in the clinic too :)

mythical84
Dec. 3, 2009, 01:11 PM
I'm really excited to ride Mr Moosetracks in the clinic. Every time I ride him I remember why I like him so much. :)

FYI ... I'm also organizing this clinic, so if you have any questions just email me at margaret@mythiclandingevents.com

yellowbritches
Dec. 3, 2009, 02:14 PM
I rode Vernon with him over the summer (so a green training level horse), and he was fantastic. I've sat in his ring and watched him help a variety of riders and horses...from geenbroke babies to advanced level horses and riders. He's VERY good and very adaptable to the horse and rider's needs.

Moody Mare
Dec. 3, 2009, 06:27 PM
Stephen Bradley is coming to do a clinic in MD in January. While I will not be able to ride b/c I am having my elbow hardware removed, mythical84 has graciously offered to ride my boy in the clinic to get him some much needed experience as we're both coming back from injuries (thanks mythical!).

I have seen Stephen work with people before, and love him, but it was with riders who were more Training and above. Does anyone know how he is with lower levels? My boy is just getting back from injury, and still really figuring his giant self out, and I wondered how Stephen might be for that.

Stephen is an awesome clinician/instructor. He's done a few clinics for our pony club in the past, mostly D3-C2, so he's great with all levels.

gottagrey
Dec. 3, 2009, 09:41 PM
Do you know where in Maryland?

mythical84
Dec. 3, 2009, 11:28 PM
Waters Edge Farm in Sykesville, MD

asterix
Dec. 4, 2009, 08:26 AM
I think I'll bring the munchkin (so another green T horse) as I've always wanted to ride with him!

pharmgirl
Dec. 4, 2009, 08:43 AM
Thanks guys! The more I think about it, the more jealous I get that I won't be riding (or probably even watching since surgery is the day before).

The current surgery day is already Option #2 that the surgeon gave me (they first gave me next Friday, which was waaaayyy too soon :eek:), and I don't think I can get away with telling the Rock Star Surgeon that he needs to fit me in on ANOTHER day so I can ride that weekend ;).

mythical84
Dec. 5, 2009, 09:09 AM
Pharmgirl: I want to be there when you ask your doctor to postpone so you can ride in a clinic. Sounds priceless.

pharmgirl
Dec. 5, 2009, 09:33 AM
Yeah, mythical, I'm not quite sure I'm brave enough to do that! He put me back together, and can just as easily not when he's taking stuff out! :winkgrin:

Since we've already had lively discussions about what I can/can't do at certain times in recovery, my guess is if I did ask he would shake his head, laugh, and mutter something about horse people. I'm sure inside he would be thinking, "Sure, let me rearrange my schedule of saving lives at Shock Trauma so you can play with your #$%! horse that got you here in the first place!" :lol::lol:

asterix
Dec. 5, 2009, 10:12 AM
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Remember to ask him how soon you can sling 50 lb bags of feed, too.

pharmgirl
Dec. 5, 2009, 10:15 AM

Remember to ask him how soon you can sling 50 lb bags of feed, too.

I almost forgot about that!

pday09
Dec. 5, 2009, 11:19 AM
I rode with him years ago when I was a D2 in pony club, we did grids and cross rails. I remember him being a lot of fun, and that I took a lot from the clinic, even though I was one of the youngest in the group. I'd love to ride with him again but unfortunately my horse and I are far away from home at college this winter. :-( But I'm sure your horse will learn a lot from him!

RunForIt
Dec. 5, 2009, 03:16 PM
All of you need to take an oath to video as many rides as possible and post on youtube!!!! Be sure to get close enough to hear Stephen's directions/comments :cool: How's that for wishing aloud? I missed the Stephen Bradley clinic in Aiken...ACK! Have fun and learn bunches - AND VIDEO!!!!! :lol: :cool:

mythical84
Dec. 28, 2009, 07:28 PM
Just a friendly PSA that there are still spaces available in this clinic! PM (or email margaret@mythiclandingevents.com) for details.