PDA

View Full Version : Need ideas for padding a run in threshhold!

AlexMakowski
Dec. 2, 2009, 09:33 PM
Hi All,

Renovating is always bringing up new projects! We have a cement block shed. It has three 'door ways'. The block is old and chipped in some spots. My blankets are tearing. So I want to pad the doorways on the sides. Any suggestiong? I was thinking of trying to find goal post padding or some thing? Maybe some ideas would help.

wsmoak
Dec. 2, 2009, 09:37 PM
I'd probably lean towards metal... surely they'll chew anything else.

(It's not clear whether you need padding or whether you just need a smooth edge.)

--
Wendy

dmalbone
Dec. 2, 2009, 10:15 PM
I would just do smooth angle iron of some sort to cover the chipped or rough spots.

Zu Zu
Dec. 3, 2009, 10:50 AM
How about tires ~ inner tubes - like on bumper cars ~ something soft and yet durable~ even a mat runner ~ mat or aisle mat cut in stripes??? Harware store would have some type of rubber tubing or piping that they could split down the middle and you could affix to the sides of the door.

DiablosHalo
Dec. 8, 2009, 10:01 AM
A friend of mine has a concrete barn and bolted stall mats to her side walls in the foaling stalls. The bolts have washers, etc on them to protect the mat from ripping. They've been on there for 10+ years that I know of....

LauraKY
Dec. 8, 2009, 10:19 AM
We use pieces of stall mat (leftovers from installation) for padding for all kinds of things. Also came in handy when someone picking up compost got their truck stuck.

tangledweb
Dec. 8, 2009, 11:01 AM
I'd probably use half round pine posts and make a door frame, but that is mostly because the suggestions of tires and rubber and foam sound like they would either be ugly at the start, or ugly once the got old. They'd probably all work fine though depending on how securely you can attach them without creating new sharp points.