PDA

View Full Version : Anyone from Charles Town track? Know this horse?

hotspot
Dec. 2, 2009, 04:17 PM
I am interested in this horse and was wondering if anyone might know anything about him before I call the contact.
http://canterusa.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1063:laid-back-6-yo-bay-gelding&catid=49:charlestown-trainer-listings&directory=282

Thanks for any info-

KentuckyTBs
Dec. 2, 2009, 07:07 PM
Is that definately his name? Or is he really a mare? On equineline.com, there are multiple entries under that name- the 6 yr old "Laid Back" is listed as a mare bred in NZ:

Horse YOB Sex Sire Dam
=Laidback (NZ) 2003 Mare Casual Lies =Cash Back (NZ)
Laid Back 2000 Mare Schembechler China Land
=Laid Back (AUS) 1987 Horse Tough Mickey =Mellow (AUS)
=Laid Back (NZ) 1986 Mare =War Hawk II (GB) =Reposing (NZ)
=Laid Back (ITY) 1983 Horse =Tully =Pasadena (ITY)
=Laid Back 1981 Gelding =Bonne Noel =Babu Saar
Laid Back 1978 Mare Coulee Man Chelation

Hmmmm... so I'm not sure? He seems to be good natured! Sorry I'm no help with any information!

mht
Dec. 2, 2009, 07:22 PM
I have a feeling that the 'laid back' is a description of his personality, not his name! LOL

blaster
Dec. 2, 2009, 07:28 PM
I have a feeling that the 'laid back' is a description of his personality, not his name! LOL

Try the name Point Sam..

KentuckyTBs
Dec. 2, 2009, 07:41 PM
Ahh okay, well since it was in the actual heading and capitalized I figured that was his name (usually is on those canter listings!) They went and deviated from the usual and caught me off gaurd! off to look....

KentuckyTBs
Dec. 2, 2009, 07:44 PM
Ok. Point Sam - http://www.equineline.com/Free-5X-Pedigree.cfm?page_state=ORDER_AND_CONFIRM&reference_number=6896679&registry=T&horse_name=Point Sam&dam_name=Point of It All&foaling_year=2003&nicking_stats_indicator=Y

Bred in KY. 33 Starts, winner. He's by Sahm, who is by Mr. Prospecter. Out of Point of it All. Has Damascus & Sadler's Wells pretty close up. Off to do more research.... (I'm bored so mine as well!)

SleepyFox
Dec. 3, 2009, 11:55 AM
Ahh okay, well since it was in the actual heading and capitalized I figured that was his name (usually is on those canter listings!) They went and deviated from the usual and caught me off gaurd! off to look....

I did the same thing. The 2000 version of Laid Back was actually owned and campaigned by a friend so I was completely baffled for a few. :lol:

The horse in the photo is nice looking.

KentuckyTBs
Dec. 3, 2009, 12:36 PM
SleepyFox- LOL I bet that was baffling! I was wondering "How could they mistake a mare for a gelding?!" LOL I think they did it just to make us scratch our heads!

Calamber
Dec. 3, 2009, 12:48 PM
CANTER has a policy at Charles Town not to publish the names, thus you will never see the horses' name in their ad titles. It is an agreement with the track caused by too much hullaballoo over horses that were or were not in danger.

That horse has caught my eye for some time, if I were still in the region and could afford a horse he would be with me.

judybigredpony
Dec. 4, 2009, 06:14 AM
I have bought several horses from Crystal.
She works for John McKee. And every single horse was sound and healthy. They were as described.
She can put horse in Equisizer so you can see horse jog round both directions, they are usually very tough horses not full or joint injections, well feed w/ decent feet.
Crystal is a "Peach" to work w/ and you won't be disappointed.

If he were 16.1 I probably would have seen him and bought him.

hotspot
Dec. 4, 2009, 10:55 AM
Sounds great!! Thanks for all the good info. Spoke with Crystal and there is some glitch with doing video right now (I think sending it via Verizon or something).

We are arranging a PPE first part of next week and if everything goes as expected, Point Sam will be in AL for some extended R&R before becoming a riding horse.

I love him already!

He had some wins in 2008- anyone know who the track photographer might be for CT? Seeing his pics would be great!

Timex
Dec. 4, 2009, 11:08 AM
i have a sahm son in my barn that i just adore. he had been retired as a racehorse for 2 weeks when his trainer took him back to the track to use as a pony horse, he's that laid back. and now he's routinely ridden by his re-rider owner, her young daughters take lessons on him, her 3 yr old son does pony rides on him...he's a doll!

hotspot
Dec. 4, 2009, 11:43 AM
sounds like my kind of horse- and he will definitely be on easy street.

I just sold a fabulous 5yo Hanoverian by Donnerkeil. My dressage friends cannot figure me out- they just shake their heads. I love the OTTBs I have had- they have been the BEST horses. If I had any criticism, it would be they sometimes try TOO hard- and who can complain about that.

My Christmas is coming early when he steps off the van!

caffeinated
Dec. 4, 2009, 12:00 PM
keep us posted! :)

Probably the best way to get ahold of the photographer is to call the main track number, then connect to the racing office :)

Lady Counselor
Dec. 4, 2009, 12:13 PM
He looks like a nice one. Good hip and shoulder, really nice eye on him. Good luck! I hope you get him!

TouchstoneAcres
Dec. 4, 2009, 07:33 PM
I have a 22 year old mare bred and trained by John. She is still sound to ride, a sweetheart.

hotspot
Dec. 7, 2009, 12:38 AM
Just a little update... Sam heads to KY Wed and then home to me when my shipper heads to AL.

judybigredpony
Dec. 7, 2009, 07:32 AM
Congratulations:yes::yes::yes:

Now someone needs to be brave and go buy this awesome mare.

http://www.canterusa.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1438:lovely-tall-dark-bay-mare-5-yo&catid=49:charlestown-trainer-listings&directory=282

I've seen her in person and she is stunning, big long sweepy strides, lovely personality straight correct n clean legged.
Trainer just flat out has to sell sell sell stock not bringing home checks.