PDA

View Full Version : FL TB's need your help

cottagefarm
Dec. 2, 2009, 01:24 PM
Dear Eventers these horses need help. I will be going out there in a couple of days to see how I can help.

Dear Fellow Horse Folks,

Over the Thanksgiving holidays, 69 Thoroughbreds in various states of poor condition where brought to our attention. Horse Protection Assn. of Florida has stepped up to the plate and is feeding and caring for these horses. We need help, and lots of it.
Mostly we need people to adopt these horses. If that is not possible, perhaps you could make a donation of money, or feed, or hay. If you can't do that, perhaps you have something to donate that could be sold to raise funds for feed. If not, perhaps you have a little time you could donate to help with their care. Perhaps you could help with getting the word out, or with internet assistance. Maybe you could answer the phone at the farm or make calls. We welcome your input and ideas.
Please see our web site: http://www.hpaf.org/
Please contact us:

Kim Heath
bheathfarm@aol.com
352-591-1014 352-591-1014
Board Member - HPAF
Bonnie Heath Farm, LLC
www.bonnieheathfarm.com

Morgan Silver - 352-466-4366 352-466-4366
msilver@wildblue.net
Executive Director - HPAF
http://www.hpaf.org/

foxhavenfarm
Dec. 2, 2009, 01:55 PM
Is there a list available of age/sex of these horses? We may be able to take at least one.

cottagefarm
Dec. 2, 2009, 02:09 PM
Hi Fox Haven

Morgan is the best one to ask. Her info is on the post above.

I will try and take some photos Friday.
The ones pictured above are at HPAF and are from a different rescue effort. The ones at a Williston Farm are apparantly in a little better shape.

Thanks

cottagefarm
Dec. 2, 2009, 06:13 PM
sorry I didn't realize the photos were not there.
These are actually another rescue that was done the same week. The ones mentioned above are supposed to be in a little better condition and are mainly 2 + 3 yr olds.

Thanks

maxxtrot
Dec. 2, 2009, 08:46 PM
sally, what farm are these horses at in williston?

cottagefarm
Dec. 2, 2009, 08:48 PM
Trackside. I don't know if thats where they originated from or where they have been reloacted too.
I'm thinking thats where they werre as Dr Russell is going out there tomorrow to do coggins.

I heard the farm was supposed to have been sold and the "new owners" were allowed to move horses there in anticipation of the sale which has not happened either.

jen-s
Dec. 2, 2009, 09:21 PM
We just took in a rescue from NYHR, but I sent a donation. I also emailed a friend who had a HUGE family down there with a number of horsey relatives. I hope someone can help out.

gold2012
Dec. 2, 2009, 09:47 PM
WHAT THE HECK? Why do we have to have people in the world who would do such things to these noble creatures?

We will be in florida in a week. I have room for one. Will send info.

cottagefarm
Dec. 3, 2009, 08:44 AM
Thanks "Gold" Please contact Morgan directly as she runs the rescue.:)

shawneeAcres
Dec. 3, 2009, 10:55 AM
I have a bit of a gripe with rescues such as this. YEs, they are VERY well meaning/intentioned, but they really restrict the possible adopters when they say the horses cannot be resold/rehomed or bred. There are MANY people (Such as myself) who take in horses, retrain/train them, and sell them on to FABULOUS homes. There are not so many people taht can take a horse as a "forever" horse, especially in these economic times. Additonally, most horse owners these days don't owntheir own places and must board, so they are limited as to what they can take. If some of these rescues would realize this they would likely place many more hroses. I will only get horses from places that do not restrict what I do with the horse, such as trainer listings from CANTER etc. I fully understand their reasoning, but I do not think it is really valid.

bizbachfan
Dec. 3, 2009, 11:22 AM
I respect very much the goals and accomplishments of these rescues. Looks like they have had some great success. I know they have to careful who they adopt them out to. However right now I know of at least one person who would be interested in the unstarted ones and be able to train them to be valuable horses and eventually show and invariably sell them. (could even make some donation back to the rescue if it worked out) However with the no sell clause it would make it impossible for that person to do that.

Also looking at the requirements I don't know if our barn would even measure up. We have all fat, happy, healthy coddled horses and 90% of the horses are kept for their lifetime. However since we have mostly sandy pasture we don't have great grass. We serve top notch hay and grain/supplments as needed but should no plentiful grass disqualify?

Perhaps they are a bit more flexible once they get to know the person who wants to adopt. I know that they are just looking out for the horses interests but I can see where ShawneeAcres is coming from.

On the flip side really bad idea for a non horsey person getting one of these for a pet because they will end up back in bad situation.

Regardless my hats off to the people who run the rescue, certainly a dire need in Florida.

eventer80
Dec. 3, 2009, 12:33 PM
That's what I do with dogs. When I find a sad little dog on the side of the road, I pick it up, make sure that it doesn't have a good owner that just lost it, spay/neuter, and find it a good home. So far we have found several just awesome homes!!!! I don't ask for a fee, that is my contribution to society.

I would love to do the same with horses. I have 1000 acres and could take in one that needs health care, food, training, etc..... IF I WAS ALLOWED to find it a good home or sell in the future. Not many people have the room for forever homes......wouln't it be just as good to find it a responisble caring home?
I good at starting them and could really give them a promising new start in the world......

I would take one of these horses in a heartbeat if I knew I could rehome it!!

We have a CANTER spinoff in Texas called LOPE and with the horses you can adopt off of their ranch, they have a bill of sale that allows you to sell the horse, but they get to keep tabs on him. That seems reasonable. I agree that we need to make sure that the horse doesn't fall on hard times again.

Hope this post makes sense!! I am writing quickly on my break!!!

cottagefarm
Dec. 3, 2009, 03:40 PM
Hi Shawneeacres

I agree that many of the rescues put alot of stipulations on the adoption papers which turn off many very qualified potential adopters.

I'm sure it is very difficult for the rescues to know exactly where to draw the line when they see time and time again horses/animals abused and neglected.

I am only familiar with this rescue as it nearby and I have heard good things about them . My intention in forwarding their letter is to get them some much needed assistance while they have this many horses to take care of. Not too many places or people would want to take on the responsibility or expense of 69 head especially in this economy.

Kudos to our local vets, feed stores and others that volunteer their time and goods to help out.

Kaelurus
Dec. 3, 2009, 04:56 PM
I also posted this this in "Off Course." From what I understand, they are waving some of the adoption requirements - although I don't know which ones. They are absolutely desperate to get these horses re-homed, so if you would be interested, contact Kim to see if they will negotiate.

bizbachfan
Dec. 3, 2009, 05:17 PM
thanks for the info kaelurus! good to know

cottagefarm
Dec. 3, 2009, 06:08 PM
I also posted this this in "Off Course." From what I understand, they are waving some of the adoption requirements - although I don't know which ones. They are absolutely desperate to get these horses re-homed, so if you would be interested, contact Kim to see if they will negotiate.

Thanks Kaelurus,

I thought morgan told me that but I'm just getting over a concussion so sometimes I don't trust what my brain remembers :lol:

Kaelurus
Dec. 3, 2009, 07:55 PM
No problem! I really hope they will be more willing to negotiate some of their terms, because there are a lot of good people that would love to take one, but wouldn't be able to under their normal terms. But this isn't a normal situation, and I get the impression they are pretty open right now...

I got wind of this through a vet school email, and haven't had time to volunteer onsite, so I told Kim I would do everything I could to get the word out. Once finals are over on Tuesday, I plan on going out to help.

Lori T
Dec. 3, 2009, 10:04 PM
Morgan is waiving the normal adoption requirements. She normally does in situations like this (unfortunately this is not the first time). Just need references. We are trying to find room for 1 at Heart Land, we are so damn full and money so friggin scarce right now, but I am going to try and find a way. We relieved her of one of her multiple rescues last spring when she had a group of 15 starving TB yearlings, and Louie went on to be adopted by Ruthie Harbison.

Kaelurus
Dec. 4, 2009, 06:59 AM
Bump

cottagefarm
Dec. 4, 2009, 10:17 AM
Updated info on adoption process for these rescue's.
Please see contact details on first post.

49 Thoroughbreds in Williston have been surrendered to HPAF and are ready for new homes now. There are 21 broodmares, eight 2 & 3 year old colts, nine 2 & 3 year old fillies, seven weanlings still at their mothers' sides and four stallions.

This is an emergency situation and there will be a shortened adoption application and process, the standard HPAF adoption will not apply with these 49 horses. Please email to request pictures which we will have soon.
Please provide pictures of where the horse will be kept, your vet and farrier's names and numbers, and two reference. Please tell us what your immediate and long term plans are for the horse, and whether you are experienced with Thoroughbreds and/or training.

Horses will be shown this Saturday, December 5th, from 10am to 2pm in Williston. Please email for an adoption application and the address of where to see the horses.

For the seven horses pictured on the New Rescues page, they will not be ready to go to new homes right away but we want to identify adopters for them who are experienced in rehabilitating debilitated horses and who will hopefully provide permanent homes for them.

The greatest need right now is for donations to pay for feed, hay, and vet expenses.

Thank you to everyone who has sent cash donations as well as feed and hay. We will send thank you letters to everyone who has provided help and we will list everyone in a future newsletter.

Thank you for helping these horses!

QHEventr
Dec. 4, 2009, 06:04 PM
Is there ANY way to get a list of the horses that are now looking for new homes due to this surrender? Being in KY, it is not possible to make it to the open house.

thanks,

Johanna

MunchkinsMom
Dec. 4, 2009, 06:08 PM
Is there ANY way to get a list of the horses that are now looking for new homes due to this surrender? Being in KY, it is not possible to make it to the open house.

thanks,

Johanna

I would try emailing Kim and Morgan to see if they have a list.

Kaelurus
Dec. 4, 2009, 08:11 PM

thanks,

Johanna

You may also find a COTHer who will be there and would be willing to look for you. I have to work tomorrow, or I would offer...

TampaBayEquine
Dec. 4, 2009, 08:44 PM
Does anyone know if it is open to anyone to go look tomorrow? The website said to email for the address to the location, and I have done that, but haven't heard back- I am certain they are overwhelmed with work right now...

Kaelurus
Dec. 4, 2009, 09:10 PM
Does anyone know if it is open to anyone to go look tomorrow? The website said to email for the address to the location, and I have done that, but haven't heard back- I am certain they are overwhelmed with work right now...

As far as I know, this is open to the public. The address listed on the Trackside Farm website is:

551 NE 200 Ave
Williston, FL 32696

Please post some updates if you are able to make it!

TampaBayEquine
Dec. 4, 2009, 09:20 PM
I will gladly post updates! Do you happen to know if they want adopters to also take them home the same day?

Kaelurus
Dec. 4, 2009, 09:30 PM
I honestly don't know the answer to that question. I emailed Kim to ask her, so if I get a reply, I will post ASAP. I'm sure they're pulling their hair out taking care of everything, so they may not be getting their emails. I would say go to look and come back with a trailer if you're local, but if you're coming from Tampa, you may just want to bring the trailer...

Like I said, as soon as I get a response, I will post!

TampaBayEquine
Dec. 4, 2009, 09:33 PM
Wonderful, Thank you!

Justmyluck
Dec. 4, 2009, 11:26 PM
So I'm going to look at these guys tomorrow. I just lost my boy to cancer and I figured I'd see what potential there might be in these guys. The horses are taken in full ownership there is no rescue contract though they perfer them no to go to breeding homes. At the open house you can bring your trailer to load them up the same day. You however need photos of your facility, and your vet and farriers phone numbers.

Opps just to let you know what I am saying is true is because I talked to them on the phone at 5pm this evening.

Falconfree
Dec. 5, 2009, 12:22 AM
Man, I would love to take in one of those poor broodies, but we just don't have the finances right now (horseless, atm). I guess a donation will have to do; it sucks not being able to help more.

Hopefully these horses will bring some holiday cheer to new owners. Good luck and bless y'all that are adopting!

I have a bit of a gripe with rescues such as this. YEs, they are VERY well meaning/intentioned, but they really restrict the possible adopters when they say the horses cannot be resold/rehomed or bred. There are MANY people (Such as myself) who take in horses, retrain/train them, and sell them on to FABULOUS homes.

So true. Everybody wins in that situation. The horse gets training beyond the Seven Games, the rescue has more space/less expenses/one less horse to pay for training, the reseller gets to make the horse into a more valuable critter (so less likely to be in the same situation again), and the new buyer gets a great horse. :)

foxhavenfarm
Dec. 5, 2009, 07:58 AM
We will be going with our horse trailer. Hopefully we can help at least one...:)

TampaBayEquine
Dec. 5, 2009, 07:11 PM
As far as I know, this is open to the public. The address listed on the Trackside Farm website is:

551 NE 200 Ave
Williston, FL 32696

Please post some updates if you are able to make it!

There were lots of horses to look at today! I don't know how many were adopted but I will try to describe the ones I believe are still available.

COLTS:
2 colts, one is dark bay/black, one is chestnut. Appear to be approx 1.5 years old-ish. They are both moderate-slim boned, cute and sweet boys esp the black one! They have very nice canters and daisy cutter trot. Still a bit high behind so a bit on the forehand as well. The sire of the black colt is Cloud Cover who is in a pen next to the colts, so if you go, you can see what the sire looks like. The black colt looks like his sire who is also black. IIRC, Cloud Cover is also the sire of the chestnut colt, but not I am not positive. I believe Cloud Cover is going back to a previous owner. Super cute boys, made me think hunters but they are still so young so who knows!

FILLIES
There were three 1.5 y.o-ish fillies. A beautiful bay, an elegant dark grey and a chestnut. I was told they were all taken.

OPEN MARES
There were quite a few ages from 3- 20's. I don't know how many were adopted but I do know there are still quite a few left!!!

MARES WITH FOALS
There are still a few mares with very cute, and a couple of very nice foals left. I do not know how/if/when/where weaning and adoptions of these pairs are going to occur. A few of the broodmares are still thin for obvious reasons.

STALLIONS
There are 2 left, one is the sire of some of the above foals, but I don't know their names and I didn't get a look at them but they are available!

Here is the latest off of the HPAF website re viewing:

Horses will be shown in Williston this Saturday, December 5th, from 10am to 2pm, Sunday 12- 2pm, December 7- 11 by appointment, and Saturday December 12 from 10 am to 2pm. Please email for an adoption application and the address of where to see the horses.

I do know that Morgan absolutely requires pics of your facility printed on legal sized paper before she will allow any horse to leave her care. If you go wanting to adopt, bring your pics!

Horses can't leave until coggins are returned, I heard something about Monday/Tuesday but check with HPAF.

I hope people can go and adopt these horses, they deserve a better life, and if you can't adopt, a donation would be wonderful I am certain!

Kaelurus
Dec. 5, 2009, 08:16 PM
Thanks for the update TampaBayEquine! I am probably headed out tomorrow with a friend who plans to adopt.

For you and FoxHavenFarm, did either of you come home with a new family member??

P.S. FoxHavenFarm - totally off-topic, but I'm pretty sure I sold you my old Albion about 2 years ago, lol. Hows that working out? :cool:

foxhavenfarm
Dec. 5, 2009, 09:28 PM
Well, no one was able to take any home today...not until Tuesday, but we are going back down to pick up at least the chestnut and grey coming 2 year old fillies and possibly a broodmare as well. :)

LOL Kaelurus, yes you did. Unfortunately, it didn't work out for me, but I was able to sell it quickly and found a perfect fit for me.

Kaelurus
Dec. 5, 2009, 09:38 PM
Well, no one was able to take any home today...not until Tuesday, but we are going back down to pick up at least the chestnut and grey coming 2 year old fillies and possibly a broodmare as well. :)
I hope you'll keep us updated as they come along... I can't wait to see pics!

LOL Kaelurus, yes you did. Unfortunately, it didn't work out for me, but I was able to sell it quickly and found a perfect fit for me.
LOL, it was a great saddle, but it didn't fit me quite right either ;) Glad you were able to find one that worked :D

TampaBayEquine
Dec. 6, 2009, 10:35 AM
Thanks for the update TampaBayEquine! I am probably headed out tomorrow with a friend who plans to adopt.

For you and FoxHavenFarm, did either of you come home with a new family member??

Yes, I adopted a very sweet 3 y.o filly. Her name is Hrh Aly Darling.
Here is her pedigree....

http://www.pedigreequery.com/hrh+aly+darling

I also really liked the little black Cloud Cover 08 colt . I hope someone takes him quickly!

Will post pics soon.

cottagefarm
Dec. 6, 2009, 12:10 PM
Here's my girl. She's one of the older mares. maybe in foal. Will need to get her checked.

http://www.pedigreequery.com/mandalika

Also attached a chestnut colt that I really wanted to get but none of the foals are weaned yet so it would mean taking mum too (although she is a nice young mare)

The other pic is Spanish Train a 6 yr old stallion (don't think he has been bred yet) who was supposedly under saddle until a couple months ago.

Some of them need more TLC than others but I was surprised to say they weren't in as bad a condition as I expected.

TampaBayEquine
Dec. 6, 2009, 12:28 PM
Sally, the mare you picked is lovely. #19's foal is easily the nicest foal they had, he has very nice conformation and very cool markings. I was told #19 was adopted w/o the foal, so maybe a coordinated weaning could happen? Good Luck with them!

Kaelurus
Dec. 6, 2009, 03:20 PM
I went out this afternoon (just got home), and the '08 Cloud Cover colt had been taken, and so had #19's foal.

I didn't not adopt, since I board, it would not be practical for me, but some friends are considering taking one of the broodies. If I had room, I would happily have taken #19's foal! :yes:

Sakura Hill Farm
Dec. 9, 2009, 04:15 AM
As of yesterday early afternoon, all but three of the horses had been adopted, except for the stallions. This has been my first experience with a rescue in any guise and with Morgan and Kim and their team in particular.

I cannot say how impressed I have been with their quiet organization, unflappable demeanor, and obvious dedication. I wish them well in their all undertakings.

bizbachfan
Dec. 9, 2009, 06:40 AM
that is great news

cottagefarm
Dec. 9, 2009, 07:15 AM
Get to go pick up my girl today:D
There was some confusion if she was still available as I told one of the volunteers and the barn manager I would take her but I hadn't filled out paperwork. I confirmed yesterday I would take her and filled out my forms and Morgan okayed it !
She is definitely looking preggo so I will have to get her checked to see if we can figure out an approximate due date/month . I'm not sure how we figure out her shot regiment?
Hopefully I will have time to take a couple of new pics this afternoon when she gets "home":yes:

Sakura Hill Farm
Dec. 9, 2009, 09:07 AM
Sally- Yours is an outstanding mare. I inquired about her but was told she was taken. Then I saw your post and knew that you were the lucky (and astute) one!

vineyridge
Dec. 9, 2009, 09:28 AM
Cottage Farm, you got a real gem. Her sire is one of the very best Sea Birds for sport, and the dam was a black type winner who was bred by the Aga Khan, whose stud has produced world class TBs for both racing and breeding for generations. He has bred to that dam line for at least four generations, so you know it has to be very, very good. Your mare was bred by the Aga Khan's Kentucky farm.

She is sire line Native Dancer top and bottom, but to two of his most accomplished sons for sport and jumps racing.

cottagefarm
Dec. 9, 2009, 09:45 AM
Thanks Michele and Viney.

Viney I was hoping you would see the post as I value your input on TB breeding.
Off to fill the truck with diesel, get hay and wormer for this afternoons adventure :)

Sakura Hill Farm
Dec. 9, 2009, 09:52 AM
We brought home three - Middleham Princess (on the expert advice of Aaron Vale and his wife), Generous Belle, and her mom Belmopan (on the expert advice of Viney). Generous Belle will be picked up on Friday and the other two are settling in with us... Extravagance, who made Viney and my hearts beat, proved to be a German TB gatecrasher mascarading in Extravagance's halter. Most probably an equally attractive mare, but, since there was a German gentleman whose heart the gatecrasher made beat, I yielded to him!

vineyridge
Dec. 9, 2009, 09:58 AM
Do they know what happened to the real Extravagance? Glad the German girl found someone who really wanted her.

Sakura Hill Farm
Dec. 9, 2009, 10:03 AM
We surmised that the real Extravagance never made it to the rescue- sold earlier before all these dire circumstances occurred. The German mare had a similar injury so I expect that is what caused the confusion. On Monday evening one of Morgan's team ran the microchips through an outfit in Ocala for positive identification on all the horses.

cottagefarm
Dec. 9, 2009, 01:17 PM
Oh Michele,
Lucky you. I really liked Belle when I saw her Friday but as she wasn't weaned from the colt decided to forgo.

I thought someone else (Sue Seper) had adopted MP. She loved the Grand Lodge line but I think she is in a boarding situation so thats why she didn't take her plus the injury .She is a beautiful mare though a definitely in my humble opinion the best choice for sport horse breeding!

Have fun with your new girls :)

Sakura Hill Farm
Dec. 9, 2009, 07:13 PM
Before I got down to UF on Friday someone snatched my Generous Belle away! Since the German gentleman never completed his paperwork, we are taking the German interloper, whom I loved when she was Extravagance and will learn to love now that she is Runaway Love.

Does this story remind you of the book Green Dolphin Street or perhaps mail order brides?

Beethoven
Dec. 9, 2009, 07:29 PM
Are there any horses still needing homes? I am in Central FL and am interested in what is left. Thanks :)

vineyridge
Dec. 9, 2009, 08:03 PM
Before I got down to UF on Friday someone snatched my Generous Belle away! Since the German gentleman never completed his paperwork, we are taking the German interloper, whom I loved when she was Extravagance and will learn to love now that she is Runaway Love.

Does this remind you of the book Green Dolphin Street or perhaps mail order brides or is it just her name?

If the Clockwork Orange eventer is the person who snaffled Generous Belle, it's quite in character for him to cut in front to get what he wanted. :)

Sakura Hill Farm
Dec. 9, 2009, 08:05 PM
And you post a smiley?!!!

cottagefarm
Dec. 9, 2009, 08:26 PM
Now you have me really curious Michele?????
My girl is missing her friends but is otherwise good. I am looking for a broodie friend for her . My two were not bred in 2009. My friend would actually be getting the "friend and we will keep them together.

Sorry #19 got away from you Michele :no:

Sakura Hill Farm
Dec. 9, 2009, 08:42 PM
Well, I got her Mama, and that is the one that Viney says is special.

Plus now I get my Extravagance, albeit now German fraulein Runaway Love, which keeps my little group truly international in keeping with my UN background.

cottagefarm
Dec. 9, 2009, 09:00 PM
Thats too bad Michele!

I don't know the circumstances but I do know that they are incredibly busy and went to rescue 5 horses today and had to put 2 down immediately. The others had halters growing into their faces :cry:

I think the fact that all (but I think maybe 3 or so?) are placed is incredible and that you Michele have given a loving home to 2 of them is very admirable . Enjoy your girls and bless you for giving them a home many a horse would be enviable of :)

TampaBayEquine
Dec. 10, 2009, 09:52 PM
Does anyone happen to know if Provocative Gal was among the mares? She is the dam of the 3 y.o. filly I picked up from the group and was hoping to see a pic of her....

cottagefarm
Dec. 11, 2009, 07:29 AM
TBE that name doesn't sound familiar. If you go to HPAF's web site there is a list of the horses. I think the link is on the front page.

edited to add: She is probably not around anymore. You're girl was probably her last foal. She was a 1990 model if this is the same one

http://www.barretts.com/catalog/CATJAN04/pdf/555.pdf

Sakura Hill Farm
Dec. 11, 2009, 08:15 AM
Thats too bad Michele!

I don't know the circumstances but I do know that they are incredibly busy and went to rescue 5 horses today and had to put 2 down immediately. The others had halters growing into their faces :cry:

I think the fact that all (but I think maybe 3 or so?) are placed is incredible and that you Michele have given a loving home to 2 of them is very admirable . Enjoy your girls and bless you for giving them a home many a horse would be enviable of :)

Thank you, Sally!

Everything is being straightened out to the satisfaction of all. I am again filled with praise for the exemplary way this team handles complex situations and remains quite unflappable under pressure.:yes:

Sakura Hill Farm
Dec. 11, 2009, 08:51 AM
Are there any horses still needing homes? I am in Central FL and am interested in what is left. Thanks :)
When I was there yesterday morning #1, Devious....? was still available. She is a GB import with an interesting pedigree. We had been interested in her at one point but were told that she had been adopted. There seems to have been a slip-up with paperwork and she was available as of Thursday AM.

Good luck. These are lovely ladies- both human and equine- !

vineyridge
Dec. 11, 2009, 09:19 AM
One special thing about the Devious mare is that Dr. Devious is sireline Herod through Ahonoora. And she's sireline Matchem through Known Fact.

If you care about keeping the foundation sires on the first page, she'll do that for you for three generations or so. The rest of her pedigree has Alleged, and Mill Reef and Green Dancer and Charlottesville. Lovely Euro eventing/chasing pedigree.

TampaBayEquine
Dec. 11, 2009, 09:47 AM
TBE that name doesn't sound familiar. If you go to HPAF's web site there is a list of the horses. I think the link is on the front page.

edited to add: She is probably not around anymore. You're girl was probably her last foal. She was a 1990 model if this is the same one

http://www.barretts.com/catalog/CATJAN04/pdf/555.pdf

Thanks CF! I can't seem to find the actual list on HPAF website- probably pilot error...However, I heard back from them and they said she wasn't among the surrendered mares...

Number 1 (Devious-) is a nice looking mare, beautiful neck/shoulder/front end. Maybe a smidge long in the back-l/s junction. I had inquired about her but at the time she had been spoken for...

I ended up with "HRH Aly Darling". She is super sweet , fine boned but very immature looking, which is why I was hoping to see a pic of momma. Here she is http://www.pedigreequery.com/hrh+aly+darling

So,- umm- exactly how much Raise a Native is too much ??

I am curious but I am keeping her regardless, and will see how she rehabs and what she wants to do in life ...:)

Sakura Hill Farm
Dec. 11, 2009, 10:02 AM
I should add that from the "Open Mare" field- where your mare was, Sally, and MP, the German fraulein and Number 1 as well, a mare that looked equally pregnant was preg tested and came up open. They may just be wormy! Fingers crossed!

cottagefarm
Dec. 11, 2009, 10:26 AM
Well, I'm off to go see whats left. Report back later !

vineyridge
Dec. 11, 2009, 11:48 AM
Her lines to RAN wouldn't bother me at all, since they are from three different get, none of whom are Mr. P. or Exclusive Native. All of her lines have proved themselves for sport, and come from very solid mare lines. However, if you ever plan to breed her, I'd stay very far away from those other two RAN lines.

It might be a bit close for your comfort, but if you'd ever breed to a TB stallion, I'd look closely at Sea Accounts. Same Grandsire on top.

TampaBayEquine
Dec. 11, 2009, 12:01 PM
Her lines to RAN wouldn't bother me at all, since they are from three different get, none of whom are Mr. P. or Exclusive Native. All of her lines have proved themselves for sport, and come from very solid mare lines. However, if you ever plan to breed her, I'd stay very far away from those other two RAN lines.

It might be a bit close for your comfort, but if you'd ever breed to a TB stallion, I'd look closely at Sea Accounts. Same Grandsire on top.

Thank you Viney, you are an extraordinary wealth of information!!! I am very excited to see how she develops, and now feel better about all that RAN :D. After finding out her pedigree, I was digging around a little and noticed the Sea Accounts relation. I will keep him in mind for the future for sure! Thanks again for your input . :cool:

cottagefarm
Dec. 11, 2009, 02:26 PM
#1 is coming home with me on Sunday :) (actually for a friend of mine) and she will be turned out with Mandalika.
There is also some other news but I'm holding my tongue on that one until it happens ;)

Sakura Hill Farm
Dec. 11, 2009, 03:13 PM
Very good news for Mandalika, Number 1,Devious ?, your friend and you, Sally.

Now I am the one that is curious?!!!!:)

cottagefarm
Dec. 11, 2009, 03:36 PM
Michele

yes, Devious Warning

My friend Gigi and I have a TB based partnership and there is one more that we are getting but not until weaned :winkgrin:
one of those right place,right time things but it it is one I picked out a week ago and now have extra grazing/space as in 50 acres :D

There may be a couple 3 yr old fillies available due to a change in circumstances.

vineyridge
Dec. 11, 2009, 03:46 PM
Hooray for Number 1 and her new home.

Please consider, if she's bred, breeding for eventing. :) Find an established eventing stallion and go for it. I'd suggest Stiletto (Tk), but then I'd suggest him for just about any well bred, well built TB mare.

Sakura Hill Farm
Dec. 11, 2009, 03:47 PM
Michele

yes, Devious Warning

My friend Gigi and I have a TB based partnership and there is one more that we are getting but not until weaned :winkgrin:
one of those right place,right time things but it it is one I picked out a week ago and now have extra grazing/space as in 50 acres :D

Could that possibly be one whose grandam I have and whose dam I expect to have?

I still say that this reminds me of mail order brides.:)

cottagefarm
Dec. 11, 2009, 04:26 PM
Very astute Michele. Ding, ding ding :lol:

Sakura Hill Farm
Dec. 11, 2009, 04:37 PM
Stunning, Sally, simply stunning.;)

We will have to have family reunions.

Let us hope that all this will now start to settle down for all concerned- adoptees, adopters and equine social workers.:yes:

foxhavenfarm
Dec. 12, 2009, 07:38 AM
Well, we got our two youngsters settled in and they are pretty special. We were told that they were not halter broke, but they are. My filly Bonjour Madame (http://foxhavenfarminc.com/maddie.html) (aka Maddie) is super sweet, a great mover and VERY brave! She is going to make a great eventer IMHO. :winkgrin:
Here is her pedigree: http://www.pedigreequery.com/bonjour+madame3

The other filly who now belongs to our boarder is also very nice and is going to be a big girl.

cottagefarm
Dec. 12, 2009, 09:21 AM
Congrats Foxhaven .
I saw your girl last week and she is a sweetheart.

Michele, had Lika checked yesterday and she is not in foal (phew). I am suspecting none of the mare were bred due to the lack of help the old owners had. I've no idea how they could have been teasing the mares, vet checks etc with lack of help and funds.
If the person that I could find as the last purchaser of my mare still owned her and all the others this situation does not surprise me in the least .
They have owed feed stores, vets etc $$$ ever since they came to town and would constantly shuffle above mentioned services to get supplied!!!!

Kaelurus
Dec. 12, 2009, 10:42 AM
Congrats Foxhaven! She's cute! :)

vineyridge
Dec. 12, 2009, 12:37 PM
And she has the big three on the first page. :) Chamossaire's sire was Precipitation, Missy Babu was a granddaughter of My Babu, and La Mirambule is sireline Tourbillon through Coaraze.

Sakura Hill Farm
Dec. 12, 2009, 12:42 PM
I think that it is really a tribute to the rescue and the adopters that all these horses have found homes. And what is even more wonderful is that, thanks to Sally posting this on COTH, those of us who have them have been able to consult Vineyridge whose expertise and goodwill have made us realize what treasures we indeed have!:yes:

TampaBayEquine
Dec. 12, 2009, 03:12 PM
A previously spoken for mare from this group has just become available...

Magical Crown, 1993,
Regal Intention - Colorful Dawn/Grey Dawn II

http://www.pedigreequery.com/magical+crown

cottagefarm
Dec. 14, 2009, 03:03 PM
Yippee. My little bundle of joy arrived today :D
I am pleased to introduce you to Faberge (maybe his name,still deciding)
Due to some change in circumstance (mistake) with Generous Belle's re-homing she needed to be moved along with her 09 colt whom I was lusting over the first day I went to help with the abandoned TB's.
The person that was going to take the colt could no longer do so and guess who was there when it all went down :D
The mare and colt are now at my friends house and the mare will be moved on to her new (proper) fantastic home Wednesday and the colt (Faberge) will be having a playmate to come hang out with him and my friends farm. My friend and I are doing a partnership with the colt as if I brought another home I would be be the one that was homeless :lol:
Pedigree below but we still have to DNA and have to send the names of all 4 stallions that were at the farm but from the records available Cloud Cover is the daddy.
It's going to be fun as the colt is not halter broken yet or otherwise handled as far as we know but is otherwise very inquisitive and friendly.
I suspect he may have had early handling though as he feet are in good shape?!
Okay, now I'm rambling, sorry!

http://www.pedigreequery.com/cloud+cover

http://www.pedigreequery.com/generous+belle

Kaelurus
Dec. 14, 2009, 04:42 PM
I'm so jealous, cottagefarm! Congrats!

vineyridge
Dec. 14, 2009, 06:57 PM
CF, he's lovely! Hard to see past the bling, but what a nice colt found his home with you! He's a diamond in the very rough!

Justmyluck
Dec. 16, 2009, 12:40 AM
Yippee. My little bundle of joy arrived today :D
I am pleased to introduce you to Faberge (maybe his name,still deciding)
Due to some change in circumstance (mistake) with Generous Belle's re-homing she needed to be moved along with her 09 colt whom I was lusting over the first day I went to help with the abandoned TB's.
The person that was going to take the colt could no longer do so and guess who was there when it all went down :D
The mare and colt are now at my friends house and the mare will be moved on to her new (proper) fantastic home Wednesday and the colt (Faberge) will be having a playmate to come hang out with him and my friends farm. My friend and I are doing a partnership with the colt as if I brought another home I would be be the one that was homeless :lol:
Pedigree below but we still have to DNA and have to send the names of all 4 stallions that were at the farm but from the records available Cloud Cover is the daddy.
It's going to be fun as the colt is not halter broken yet or otherwise handled as far as we know but is otherwise very inquisitive and friendly.
I suspect he may have had early handling though as he feet are in good shape?!
Okay, now I'm rambling, sorry!

http://www.pedigreequery.com/cloud+cover

http://www.pedigreequery.com/generous+belle

Your joking? I was there the first day at 10am when it was supposed to start tried to get this colts mother (Belle) but this lady had signed papers and I walked up to Morgan and said that if anything fell through with her taking the mare, to call me. Because I really wanted her. You have got to be kidding me I'm royally p*****.

Kaelurus
Dec. 16, 2009, 08:10 AM
Your joking? I was there the first day at 10am when it was supposed to start tried to get this colts mother (Belle) but this lady had signed papers and I walked up to Morgan and said that if anything fell through with her taking the mare, to call me. Because I really wanted her. You have got to be kidding me I'm royally p*****.

I could be mistaken, but I believe CF had Belle from the beginning. The colt, however, had been claimed by someone who ultimately couldn't take him, thus CF ended with the colt.

Either way, they both ended up with a great home, and in this situation, I think thats all that really matters.

Justmyluck
Dec. 16, 2009, 09:01 AM
I thought i read something fell through with the times being picked up so she went somewhere else. I'm not upset that shes got a good home. But the fact that I actually left my name and stuff and didnt get called.

If I'm mistaken then I apologize.

Sakura Hill Farm
Dec. 16, 2009, 09:59 AM
I think that I should clarify this. I believe that I am "this lady" and I did in fact complete my paperwork to adopt #s 6 (Middleham Princess) and 19
(Generous Belle) early on the morning of 5 December, having gotten there around 9:30 AM. I remained in contact with the rescue over the following days to arrange transport of the mares I had adopted and, because Belle had a foal at foot that someone else was adopting (who?), the procedure was somewhat different as they wished to get the colt settled with his mom and other colts before weaning him. Long story short, I called the night before pick up and was told that they had been adopted by someone else and had been shipped to that individual's farm together with the 5 others that he had adopted. I was very annoyed.

The following morning I went to the rescue and prevailed upon the rescuers to recover Generous Belle and her colt and permit them to be adopted by the original adopters who had all their paperwork in order on 5 December, AM. This was done. It appears that the original adopter of the colt no longer wanted to adopt the colt which is when CF stepped in. Colt (Faberge) is in CF's possession, Generous Belle is with her colt and is coming to us (as the original adopter as of 5 December AM) today or tomorrow.

A human error was made when the two went off with the larger group, but the rescue did what was necessary to make everyone whole and is deserving of our commendation.

I hope that this narration puts minds at rest.

Justmyluck
Dec. 16, 2009, 08:45 PM
Oh okay that makes better sense to me. Thanks for the clarification I appreciate it. =)

Flying Ponies
Jun. 30, 2011, 03:26 PM
How are everyone's adoptee's doing?? Did anyone have any luck getting JC club papers for their horses? Specifically, anyone else take one on that did not have a tattoo and get any verification wrt pedigree?

foxhavenfarm
Jun. 30, 2011, 09:02 PM
Ours is amazing! She is now a three year old and we were able to get her registered. She is SUCH a sweetheart and super easy for everything including starting under saddle.

She was doing really well in her training with my good friend from down the road until about a month and a half ago when she got tangled up in the fence while turned out and tore a big gash in the front of her leg. Fortunately, it's only cosmetic, but it is taking a really long time to heal. She has been such a trooper for all of the bandaging and hosing, etc. Super, super disposition! I can't wait until she can go back into training.
Here is her page: Bonjour Madame (http://foxhavenfarminc.com/BonjourMadame.shtml)
I'll be getting updated pics as soon as her leg is healed. She has grown up a lot since her 2 1/2 year old pictures. :)

Flying Ponies
Jun. 30, 2011, 09:07 PM
FoxHavenFarm ,

Sounds wonderful (except for the fence part ..... May I ask how you got yours registered? I am having no luck.

foxhavenfarm
Jul. 1, 2011, 07:51 AM
FoxHavenFarm ,

Sounds wonderful (except for the fence part ..... May I ask how you got yours registered? I am having no luck.

Fortunately, the previous owners had already sent in all the required paperwork and it just took the $500 registration fee and the letter from the rescue to get it done.