PDA

View Full Version : Place to Stay in Aiken?

clivers
Dec. 2, 2009, 10:52 AM
Hi all,

I'm trying to find an inexpensive place to stay in Aiken for the month of March. I've contacted a few people renting "cottages" but 2k for a month is way too much. The cheapest hotel (Day's Inn) is still close to $1400. Anyone else have any suggestions? Room for rent maybe?

It'll probably be just my non-malodorous, friendly, tidyish self for most of the time though my husband is hoping he can take some time off work and come down for a week or two.

Any leads or suggestions would be appreciated. Feel free to PM if you prefer :)

Gabby

JumpingBug
Dec. 2, 2009, 10:59 AM
Rent a room from someone. My friend coaches out of the area and last year rented a extra room in her home, many people do it!

Altitude Rider
Dec. 2, 2009, 11:39 AM
Sent you a PM!
Carolyn

clivers
Dec. 2, 2009, 01:54 PM
Thanks guys :)
Carolyn - I PM'd you back.
I realized my inbox was full this morning but just cleared some older mail out, so if anyone else tried to contact me I apologise and it should work now :)
gabby

Tabwrdd_ridge
Dec. 3, 2009, 01:06 PM
psj shows.com ( progressive show jumping) has a facility there that they use for short and long term lay overs. I bet if you email them they can give you the digs on where to stay short term thats not going to break the bank! they are in aiken and own the high fields equestrian center. -- could also try augusta.. its about 30 min from aiken