PDA

View Full Version : VERY Nice BIG Warmblood on Broker Lot-New videos and info posted!!!

farmgirl88
Dec. 1, 2009, 09:58 PM
Saw this guys and thought to post it here!

AC4H just listed a bay, very tall warmblood gelding who is quite the looker. Great head, neck and eye on this guy and hes got a great build overall. This is one of those cases that i think sadly relates to my warmblood i found at the auction. They want $800 for him, hoping someone can snatch him up here. He looks young and like a great little project. Looks like he needs his feet done but other than that he appears sound to me.

He is now on page 2 of the broker listings.

KateKat
Dec. 1, 2009, 10:07 PM
hes definitely a cutie! I wish they would give a little more info on the website though...

farmgirl88
Dec. 1, 2009, 10:18 PM
there will be more info posted as well as probably a video. they were just posted not long ago and they are still working on uploading more horses. If you have any questions about the horse PLEASE email AC4H. They viewed this horse, watched him go, and could tell you quite a bit about what they saw. From Ac4H's word, the broker's are currently "Cleaning house" and dumping horses on their property so any little bit could help for these horses. theres not much hope after a week of being listed.

Comfortably Numb
Dec. 2, 2009, 09:24 AM
I can't see this horse, has it been taken?

Mamy
Dec. 2, 2009, 09:45 AM
Oh he is a beauty......... if only I had the ability to take in another one......

farmgirl88
Dec. 2, 2009, 01:20 PM
No he has not been taken, his ad was just moved to page 2!!! VIDEOS HAVE ALSO BEEN TAKEN!

KateKat
Dec. 2, 2009, 01:34 PM
gah!! I wish I was in a position right now to buy because he looks like an upstanding citizen. Someone grab him quick!

cloudyandcallie
Dec. 2, 2009, 01:38 PM
My WB Cloudy is going to send some $ right now to save that TB that Christy is trying to save and to try to save this WB.

farmgirl88
Dec. 2, 2009, 02:18 PM
Thanks Cloudy! Thats fantastic! I really hope they both grab homes. Like i said; they very rarely have good feet in the pictures because they are obviously not very well looked after most of the time. Most need a good shoe job and their feet looked at and im sure they'll move a lto better.

it would surprise me if a horse came down with something as simple as an abcess and went lame because if it; causing folks to dump that at the auction thinking the horse is dead lame and not worth keeping it anymore. it wouldnt surprise me at this point.

Hoping someone can grab these guys. they look lovely and i can only imagine what theyd look like with some weight/muscle and a nice cleaning.

trinityhill
Dec. 2, 2009, 02:26 PM
Really considering taking in the little bay pony at the top of page one. It may be a great way to educate my students about the dangers that lurk for un-wanted un-trained horses by watching this little guy come along and having an actual face that they know to put to the issue, as all the majority of them ever see is my well trained, spoiled and greatly loved lesson horse crew, and the shiny and polished horses at the shows we go to. It looks as though he has a great disposition and in time, training, and some boy related "modifications" may turn out to be great little guy. Thoughts? Kinda nervous about bringing one home that I have never seen, touched, and handled, as I have never done it before... but there is something about this little guy... If I don't snag him I hope somebody really great does.

farmgirl88
Dec. 2, 2009, 02:49 PM
YAY!!! i have been pushing to get someone to take that bay pony. hes a total ham isnt he??!!! I think he could be very nice with some muscle/TLC! Someone already offered to pay for him; he just needs a place to go! Hes been up there for 2 weeks so his time is running very short.

I think hes a very honest, quiet pony who is going to make someone a great little project. if you have any questions, please conact AC4H as soon as possible. they took his video and his photos and could tell you what they saw. For that price; if i had the time right now (im a full time college student and 9 horses at home), i would snag him in a heartbeat; i even have a stall open but i cant take another right now due to my lack of time.

I think hes going to be a very easy project. best of luck to you trinity; i really hope you grab him and what a great way to get the lesson kids involved!!!!

farmgirl88
Dec. 2, 2009, 03:15 PM
I also wanted to point out this TB at finger lakes in NY> The track closes on saturday and these horses have absolutely nowhere to go! He has been reduced to $500 but i bet you can get him for better than that. I really really like the look of this guy, really well built with a great head, neck and topline on him. he also has great feet and his legs look great!

He does have an old scar on his right hind from when he was a baby but the trainer said he has been sound on it. He's 4 years old and hes been fine on it this long. Im sure a career that is less demanding than racing would be a lot better for him anyways. He's adorable and i think hed make someone a really really nice project. if this horse does not have a home by sat. who knows what will happen!

http://fltrainerlist.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=1159

I also really liked this guy too. He's a stunningly well built horse with great look legs and solid looking feet. Even though it says he's a cribber, most racehorses devlop this habit from being cooped up in stalls all the time. once he's back in turnout all day im sure the habit will diminish with time. Hes really quite the looker. Asking $750

http://fltrainerlist.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=1160

Lexus
Dec. 2, 2009, 08:26 PM
Can someone post a link, I can't seem to find him. Thx!

danceronice
Dec. 2, 2009, 11:27 PM
farmgirl88--just to clarify, not ALL the horses at Finger Lakes are homeless if they aren't sold. Some will go to trainers' farms to winter over, others go to other tracks and will keep running until someone buys them. Some do get sold for shipment to PR, but not all the FL horses are in immediate danger for their lives. They're listed for sale because they aren't really earning their keep any more. It would be great if someone buys them (especially Take Me Flying--seriously, no one has snapped him up for a Children's hunter or a small adult yet? LOOK AT THAT FACE!) but not all are in instant danger.

Meanwhile the AC4H horses ARE in immediate danger. If I had a farm, I could see a couple of those coming to live with me...

buschkn
Dec. 3, 2009, 03:18 AM
Where are those horses located? Are they all in PA? That horse looks very cute but I can't watcht the video at work. Someone get him so I don't have to try and find a way to bring him here.

farmgirl88
Dec. 3, 2009, 07:37 AM
All of the broker listing horses are in PA>

They can be found at www.ac4h.com
then go to the broker listings on the left. the wamrblood is on pg 2 but he might've been moved to another page if they added more horses.

cloudyandcallie
Dec. 3, 2009, 08:13 AM
Don't worry about the WB's feet, they all require farrier work and supps. WBs are "very delicate" aka wussies, so you must pay farriers and do a lot of maintenance to get the jump and the floating trot.:lol: It is worth all the work, btw!

Someone save the WB and the ponies, and as many as can be saved. I don't know how Christy and all the others do what they do, they are great to try to save them all.

farmgirl88
Dec. 3, 2009, 08:25 AM
yes the majority of the horses seen on the broker listings (Frm what i have noticed) have been neglected in the shoeing/farrier work dept. heres hoping to find some homes for these guys this week!

danceronice
Dec. 3, 2009, 12:47 PM
BUMP

mvp
Dec. 3, 2009, 12:52 PM
Don't mean to rain on a tall, $800 jumping WBs parade, but I'm not sure about the comment about farrier work.

He looks to me like he toes in something fierce. Do you guys see that or am I wrong?

His front end over the fence looks nice enough.

Mara
Dec. 3, 2009, 12:53 PM
Really considering taking in the little bay pony at the top of page one. It may be a great way to educate my students about the dangers that lurk for un-wanted un-trained horses by watching this little guy come along and having an actual face that they know to put to the issue, as all the majority of them ever see is my well trained, spoiled and greatly loved lesson horse crew, and the shiny and polished horses at the shows we go to. It looks as though he has a great disposition and in time, training, and some boy related "modifications" may turn out to be great little guy. Thoughts? Kinda nervous about bringing one home that I have never seen, touched, and handled, as I have never done it before... but there is something about this little guy... If I don't snag him I hope somebody really great does.

Take him! That's a wonderful idea, to let him help educate your students. He's adorable.

farmgirl88
Dec. 3, 2009, 01:11 PM
Don't mean to rain on a tall, $800 jumping WBs parade, but I'm not sure about the comment about farrier work.

He looks to me like he toes in something fierce. Do you guys see that or am I wrong?

His front end over the fence looks nice enough.

There are plenty of slightly toed in horses out there. a certain strain of morgans i know are the most toed in animals i have ever seen in my life but they still move completely sound and have never had any issues.

God farrier work/trimming and shoeing regularly can help it. If he's moving sound and hes quiet, just because hes a little toed in isnt all that bad. its much better than another sort of leg issue. for 800 i'd take the toed in horse with the quiet mind.

farmgirl88
Dec. 3, 2009, 01:27 PM
this mare is posted on the thread in off course. I think she looks quite nice!!!she is currently in the kill pen and has until sunday. The contact info for the owner of these kill horses is in that thread

337 – smooth mouth TB bay mare school horse from Kentucky, rode through Western, really nice mover, quiet, quality horse/ Bay w/white feet $475

http://hher.webs.com/Dec2-337.jpg

alittlextra
Dec. 3, 2009, 01:49 PM
I confess I am a little confused. Where do I find more info on the bay mare you just showed a picture of? #337? Thanks.

gusbabe
Dec. 3, 2009, 02:08 PM
You can find the bay mare on the home page of helping hearts equine rescue
http://www.freewebs.com/hher/
I believ she has until Saturday night or she will definitely ship

farmgirl88
Dec. 3, 2009, 02:08 PM
Sorry i should've posted the link to the thread. That mare is in NJ and went through the Camelot Auction house. She is currently owned by the owne of the auction who ships horses sunday. here is the link to the thread; there are several folks who saw most of the horses go through. hope someone can snatch her for that price!!!

http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/showthread.php?t=234965

eqrider1234
Dec. 3, 2009, 07:25 PM
ohh please help that little mare! She is just precious :yes:

classicsporthorses
Dec. 3, 2009, 07:38 PM
If I had a spare $800.00 I would take the WB. He won my heart when the horse in front of him kick back and nearly nailed him in the face and he just kept going nice a good.

My daugther's old Maclay horse, who's a WB is toes in and crooked-he seems to do fine. My own gelding who's a WB is turned out on his front right and he's a hell of a dressage horse and hunter.

I hope that big boy finds a great home.

farmgirl88
Dec. 4, 2009, 07:05 AM
BUMP

I got a message from kelly who went to the auction and saw the mare #337 go. She said she trots sound, is a lovely mover, and has 4 whites instead of the 3 in the photo. She said the mare looks like she was a show horse, blanketed, clean with absolutely no winter coat. she said that she is a lovely horse.

Hoping somone can snatch her up. Right about now; im thinking this mare is the most desperate out of them all. She is sitting in the kill pen and will ship sunday.

cloudyandcallie
Dec. 4, 2009, 07:59 AM
Someone please save the little mare. I'm good for a little towards her if someone can take her. Wish I had a farm.

farmgirl88
Dec. 4, 2009, 09:15 AM
#337 is safe and went to a boarder who boards at one of the AC4H foster homes. Please check the Alex Brown forums as many of the horses are now safe but many also need homes. They are updating the list regularly on there to show which are safe and which need homes.

Lazy-Pony
Dec. 4, 2009, 07:48 PM
I really hope someone can snatch up that nice warmblood gelding.
Shipping might just be too much to where I'm located. I bet he'd make a great horses for someone!

Running Fox Farm
Dec. 4, 2009, 08:19 PM
Have you guys checkerd out WWHOA? She has a 17 h grey TB that has been shown ( I think) that needs adopt/rehoming/whatever for donation fee. Kinda works like AC4H. Better to get the details from them. They're in MD- too far for me to go right now. I got a Welsh-TB cross from them when I lived in MD and both my boys showed it leadline/short stirrup, got end of year awards on it. This TB might be worth the look.

fredsaid2
Dec. 4, 2009, 08:30 PM
Have you guys checkerd out WWHOA? She has a 17 h grey TB that has been shown ( I think) that needs adopt/rehoming/whatever for donation fee. Kinda works like AC4H. Better to get the details from them. They're in MD- too far for me to go right now. I got a Welsh-TB cross from them when I lived in MD and both my boys showed it leadline/short stirrup, got end of year awards on it. This TB might be worth the look.

I'm not familiar w/ WWHOA. Do you have a link? tks!

Running Fox Farm
Dec. 6, 2009, 12:28 PM
My bad - it's WHHOA - we help horses of America, not WW like I wrote. Oh well, it's been a while since we got that pony and I'm getting old! The actual website is www.whhoa.com, I'm pretty sure. Hope you get as lucky as I got w/ that pony - she was yr end MHSA leadline/SS. There are so many horses just being thrown away that could be useful citizens if just given the chance.

MMorgan
Dec. 6, 2009, 01:51 PM
Nope, that's not it either...I checked the link but it takes you to a 55+ housing division in Woodland TX. :(

cloudyandcallie
Dec. 6, 2009, 02:26 PM
Margie, you need another TB. Go get that nice grey at wwhoa or whatever whhoa. anyone got a good link? I should google it.

MMorgan
Dec. 6, 2009, 02:34 PM
I already have a big (only 16.2, not 17h) grey tb mare, thank you very much. :lol: Plus, I'm short--5'3" and that's a long way to the ground.

I think LilyMonster would be very jealous if I brought home another--especially as she seems to have a color preference (she favors dark bays as her companions).

I hope we can figure out the address for website though, I'm curious and I'd be more than happy to live vicariously through another Cother should the mare get a home with someone here.

Liberty
Dec. 6, 2009, 02:45 PM
Um...nevermind (after reading a later post on the next page).

talloaks
Dec. 6, 2009, 02:54 PM
Where can I find out more info on the QH mare???
Where is the info on the WB??

MMorgan
Dec. 6, 2009, 03:15 PM
Tall Oaks, I am confused as to what QH you are looking for, but here is a quick youtube of the WB:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iU_NFybljIo

He is listed on page 2 (AC4H webiste) of the broker-owned horses.

http://www.ac4h.com/BrokerOwned2.htm

talloaks
Dec. 6, 2009, 03:59 PM
OOps, thought the bay mare was a QH!

enjoytheride
Dec. 6, 2009, 04:09 PM
WB looks off behind. Did he come with papers or a brand or is it possible he's some sort of cross?

TwiceAsNice
Dec. 6, 2009, 04:21 PM
Just Googled it. Here's WHHOA's website:
http://www.whhoahorses.com/

Wow, just went back and looked, and they've got some really nice horses available:
http://www.whhoahorses.com/Availablehorses_F5H9.html

These people are NOT a rescue. They have a bad rep in the area. They are not a 501(c) and do not rescue from a slaughter auction. Their "facility" is something too...

This is not my horse, but an example of their "rescue"

http://westmd.craigslist.org/grd/1497012670.html

Liberty
Dec. 6, 2009, 05:08 PM
These people are NOT a rescue. They have a bad rep in the area. They are not a 501(c) and do not rescue from a slaughter auction. Their "facility" is something too...

Wow. Thanks TasN. I deleted their website addy from my earlier post. Don't want to feed into anything that looks doubtful.

alteringwego
Dec. 6, 2009, 05:19 PM
these people look totally sketchy. I feel bad for the horse [though]

Running Fox Farm
Dec. 6, 2009, 09:13 PM
Everyone - please excuse the senility! It's www.whhoahorses.com .Apologies to everyone I sent to God-knows-what email addresses AND to the poor horses that need homes.

Running Fox Farm
Dec. 6, 2009, 09:18 PM

When were you at their facility? Why don't you tell the "whole" story of why you're having an attitude with WHHOA? All I know is, I got a very nice pony through them, no problems, no issues, no BS, and it was a rescue.501c? I don't know, I didn't ask. Rescue from slaughter pen? DEFINITELY. That's where I met the manager, the killer pen at New Holland. As far as a " bad rep" in the area - bad reps usually depend on who you talk to and what axe they have to grind.

farmgirl88
Dec. 7, 2009, 07:31 AM
When were you at their facility? Why don't you tell the "whole" story of why you're having an attitude with WHHOA? All I know is, I got a very nice pony through them, no problems, no issues, no BS, and it was a rescue.501c? I don't know, I didn't ask. Rescue from slaughter pen? DEFINITELY. That's where I met the manager, the killer pen at New Holland. As far as a " bad rep" in the area - bad reps usually depend on who you talk to and what axe they have to grind.

Many so called "rescues" will put the horses back in the places they came from(kill pen/auction house) if they dont get the named adoption fee they want. Dont know if this is the case with this one or not but yes it does happen more than people will own up to

farmgirl88
Dec. 7, 2009, 07:33 AM
the warmblood is still avail. anyone try calling and try to get his price knocked down a little>? im sure the broker would be slightly neg.

This warmblood is listed on AC4H.com broker listings, 2nd page,.

cloudyandcallie
Dec. 7, 2009, 07:40 AM
I sent a little money for that TB that mmorgan told me about, so I need to send a little more for the wb. Will do so.

As for the "questionable" rescue, if the horse is saved, I really don't care if someone makes a small "profit" off of the sales.............this way they might be more included to hold horses than to ship them to slaughter. Bad times for good horses.:(

TwiceAsNice
Dec. 7, 2009, 08:10 AM
I sent a little money for that TB that mmorgan told me about, so I need to send a little more for the wb. Will do so.

As for the "questionable" rescue, if the horse is saved, I really don't care if someone makes a small "profit" off of the sales.............this way they might be more included to hold horses than to ship them to slaughter. Bad times for good horses.:(

Small profit? The Appy mare someone listed on craigslist was for sale for $300, WHHOA convinced them to donate their horse and the next day had her for sale for $1200.
They aren't a 501(c), so I have a problem with them calling themselves a rescue. Most of their horses are purchased off craigslist and resold or purchased from Thurmont auction (which is not a slaughter auction).

And yes Running Fox Farm, I've been to their facility.

There has been a lot of bad press about them in the area they run their rescue.

cloudyandcallie
Dec. 7, 2009, 08:12 AM
Oh thanks for posting. I was thinking they were selling for $300 or so.

farmgirl88
Dec. 7, 2009, 11:20 AM
I just wanted to point something out. I emailed this rescue about the bay in this photo (all the way to the right). He is just a stunning looking horse. Obviously a warmblood type, well muscled and cared for. They emailed me back over the weekend and said the horse was tied to the fence with the others, waiting for shoes to be pulled and they all shipped to a canda slaughter house that day.

Just look at this bay all the way to the right:

http://hher.webs.com/apps/photos/photo?photoid=27547762

how unfortunate:no::no:

Running Fox Farm
Dec. 9, 2009, 06:21 PM
Since the subject has been hijacked to rescues, let me ask a question. 501c- othr than being a not-for-profit status, what exactly does it guarantee? I've had a lot of issues lately with human charities that I usually donate to - I find out that the larger part of my donation is going to administrative costs, not to hungry people. Is there someting in the 501c that sets parameters for funds dispersal etc? In that I didn't have a bad experience w/whhoa, that doesn't prevent my search for information. I am still curious about the benefit of being 501c, because there are always future potential donations/adoptions etc. that I may want to make, and I would like to make an informed choice.

Calamber
Dec. 9, 2009, 06:30 PM
Honestly? All 501c3 status does is guarantee that the donors get a tax deduction if they meet the guidelines. Otherwise, it allows organizations and sometimes individuals to live off of donations. There is not much oversight from the Federal government, but the groups do have to file various types of documents to show where the money is spent, but those documents are only as good as the people who file them. There are plenty of scams out there disguised as 501c3s, the best thing to protect yourself and to do the right thing by the groups is to either visit them yourself, watch their practices, meet the people who volunteer and work there and then decide. There are also plenty of good 501c3s out there so it is possible for your money to be utilized how you would like it to be utilized.

TwiceAsNice
Dec. 9, 2009, 06:46 PM
The 501c status is only a small matter - the bigger one being that they are dishonest in the way they get "rescues". Getting in a horse and placing it several months later for a reasonable fee is one thing, convincing someone to give you their horse and then having it on your webpage the next day for $1200 is another. They're more interested in lining their pockets. That's a horse dealer, not a rescue.

bornfreenowexpensive
Dec. 9, 2009, 06:52 PM
Honestly? All 501c3 status does is guarantee that the donors get a tax deduction if they meet the guidelines.

Exactly...and a rescue can be a good rescue without being a 501(c)(3). That is just a tax status and means someone went through the time and expense to do the filings to get that status....it means NOTHING as to the people running the organization or what they stand for...or even if they will use your money well.

It gives a tax benefit for those who donate....and is offered as an incentive to get people to donate. BUT do not use the fact that an organization has that status to mean that they are legit or that someone that doesn't isn't.

Do your homework...and decide who you want to support.

farmgirl...that is very sad...he was a good looking horse.

danceronice
Dec. 9, 2009, 08:39 PM
To meet the criteria for 501(c)3 status you have to file particular paperwork with the IRS showing that they are not a for-profit corporation and that money made by their operation does not go to pay off investors, shareholders, or private holders. That's about it. Generally donations made to a NFP are tax-deductible but that is not the #1 defining indicator (and "adopting", ie purchasing, a horse from a 501(c)3 would not qualify for a deduction as it's receipt of goods for money.) Ideally the money goes into the operating budget of the organization, but that isn't always how it works.

There are rescues who are 501(c)3 organizations and there are rescues who aren't. The IRS doesn't check up to see if they're doing their job WELL either way.

Running Fox Farm
Dec. 12, 2009, 04:49 PM
The 501c status is only a small matter - the bigger one being that they are dishonest in the way they get "rescues". Getting in a horse and placing it several months later for a reasonable fee is one thing, convincing someone to give you their horse and then having it on your webpage the next day for $1200 is another. They're more interested in lining their pockets. That's a horse dealer, not a rescue.

I have gotten so past this subject - sounds to me like you need to as well. If I'm not mistaken, you've already received a message from me re my experience w/ a horse of mine being resold by Day's End. Many thanks to evryone who did answer my question - I also was referred to an IRS site that outlined what the 501c status provides, which isn't much and there essentially is no one that "polices" rescues. Anyone know of any rescues in the Aiken SC/GA area worth looking into, since that's where I am? I'm looking to find a " dirt quiet" lg pony/ small horse for my son - very timid rider.

mzm farm
Dec. 13, 2009, 02:13 PM
Curious, What happened to the original horse? I can't find him on the site? Can anyone post or pm me a link?

farmgirl88
Dec. 13, 2009, 02:51 PM
he must've been shipped :(. Please contact AC4H; they will tell you what happened to him and they will know where he ended up

lolalola
Dec. 13, 2009, 10:56 PM
Christy said the broker told her to take his picture off. She didn't want to know whether he shipped out on the last load - but he probably did.

TBrescue
Dec. 13, 2009, 11:15 PM
that's very sad :(

Fharoah
Dec. 14, 2009, 01:09 AM
Reading this makes me very sad, I live in Canada but am far secudded from this horrible slaughter. I wish I could save these horses, the bay looked very handsome, life sucks sometimes. Just make me want to go and hug my horses, life just sucks sometimes!

cloudyandcallie
Dec. 14, 2009, 07:50 AM
Reading this makes me very sad, I live in Canada but am far secudded from this horrible slaughter. I wish I could save these horses, the bay looked very handsome, life sucks sometimes. Just make me want to go and hug my horses, life just sucks sometimes!

Agreed. The people who send off their horses to uncertain fates should have to ride the truck to slaughter and watch them die. Better to euth than to go to slaughter. It is not the fault of the broker or dealer, but of the owners who aren't responsible.

But the women who go into the kill pens and try to save some of the horses are real heroines!

farmgirl88
Dec. 14, 2009, 07:53 AM
its always not easy to hear they ship is it :(. Usually if they take the photos down and the horses were never listed as saved; they either 1) get run back through the auction ring. This is rare as brokers/kill buyers dont want to risk loosing money on a horse 2) put it on the weekly truck load and 3) sold it to someone local for an amish buggy horse. It was unlikely this horse sold as a buggy hirse as he wasn't trained to drive.

Nootka
Dec. 14, 2009, 04:36 PM
WB looks off behind. Did he come with papers or a brand or is it possible he's some sort of cross?

I agree:eek: he is very off

enjoytheride
Dec. 14, 2009, 05:40 PM
It's actually really common to run a horse back through a ring.

I have seen a horse come back a week or two later. Often the dealer with present the horse in a more appealing manner like a better rider, or drugging it, or riding it in instead of leading it, etc. He can always put a reserve on the horse. Sometimes a different dealer will buy a horse and try.

In the end it does come down to money. He'd rather sell a horse for $400 then to the killers for $150 or unload it for $150 then continue feeding it.

This horse was big so he eats a lot so he'd have less time then another horse that eats less. Plus he's a gelding so if he does turn out lame you can't get a foal out of him. The problem with him is that he's big and fancy which makes people suspicious. Do you take the chance that he's a nice horse who got a bad hand? Or take the chance that he was dumped because he's lame or soemthing worse? Plus he's older and obviously schooled so he might have some wear and tear. Do you take the chance?

OneGrayPony
Dec. 14, 2009, 06:08 PM
In this area, it is very common for horses to go "on the circuit". At the smaller horse sales, the KBs don't frequent, but many broker/dealers do. Often they trade with each other, picking up the ones they think they can make a quick buck on at the next auction, and then reselling them there. Sometimes they patch them up a little - fatten them up, what have you, and then run them through the next auction.

One of the neighbor families made their money doing this with cattle. They didn't raise them, but they simply bought and sold - knowing what they were looking for. They did the same with horses.

This dealer/broker has higher prices on his horses. My guess is that this horse either will go back through a sale, or be sold in some other fashion - he won't likely just get shipped from being priced at $1k at the broker's. Unless he really has some issues that the broker deems unsaleable.

giddy34
Dec. 19, 2009, 07:43 AM
I just want to say these people are also on ebay .. They had a saddle listed and i bought it much to my dismay I never recieved. I told them i would pay for it on a certain day and the day prior they email me asking me if i was going to pay for it as they had horses to rescue .. I said i would pay for it on the day like i did 3 weeks later no saddle nothing no return emails the item is in dispute resolution so its not only the horse areas that are sad its also the new tack store that they are setting up buyer beware..
ps the only reason i come across this thread is this is the rescue name they told me they are.. very sad indeed then to look at thier site and see horses that they rescued for 30 bucks and so on they could have rescued 6 of them horses with the money i forked over ...not a happy camper so buyer beware beware

farmgirl88
Dec. 19, 2009, 09:16 AM
In this area, it is very common for horses to go "on the circuit". At the smaller horse sales, the KBs don't frequent, but many broker/dealers do. Often they trade with each other, picking up the ones they think they can make a quick buck on at the next auction, and then reselling them there. Sometimes they patch them up a little - fatten them up, what have you, and then run them through the next auction.

One of the neighbor families made their money doing this with cattle. They didn't raise them, but they simply bought and sold - knowing what they were looking for. They did the same with horses.

This dealer/broker has higher prices on his horses. My guess is that this horse either will go back through a sale, or be sold in some other fashion - he won't likely just get shipped from being priced at $1k at the broker's. Unless he really has some issues that the broker deems unsaleable.

This "dealer" that AC4H works with is only a short distance away from New Holland and that is where this particular dealer buys from. Some, select few horses will be run back through the auction again or be sold to private buyers but the rest are shipped on a weekly basis to slaughter. while some dealers may work that way; this particular one does not.

2010eventing
Dec. 19, 2009, 09:40 AM
Where is the horse located? Where can I see the video?

AC4H just listed a bay, very tall warmblood gelding who is quite the looker. Great head, neck and eye on this guy and hes got a great build overall. This is one of those cases that i think sadly relates to my warmblood i found at the auction. They want $800 for him, hoping someone can snatch him up here. He looks young and like a great little project. Looks like he needs his feet done but other than that he appears sound to me.

He is now on page 2 of the broker listings.[/QUOTE]

farmgirl88
Dec. 19, 2009, 10:17 AM
Where is the horse located? Where can I see the video?

He is now on page 2 of the broker listings.[/QUOTE]

He was most likely already shipped :(. It has been a few weeks since this thread originally started and the brokers/kill buyers usually only keep them around a week, 2 at the most. the broker told AC4H to remove the horses from the listings...AC4H didnt want to know or ask where the horse ended up.....but this broker ships weekly to slaughter and a few horses people were looking at on off course shipped too
:(. Its sad, but its the reality of it all.

Keep checking the listings weekly, there are horses who ALWAYS need homes

giddy34
Dec. 19, 2009, 11:38 AM
if your looking for good TB go to http://www.dallaskeen.com/remembermerescue.html they are decent people and I know its in texas but there are alot of good TBs there for the picking the stable complex is well kept and clean and the horses come from people that are looking to cut back sometimes...
I have three good TB off the track and they are beautiful .. :)