PDA

View Full Version : Half Chap suggestions?

ShayDarra
Dec. 1, 2009, 05:08 PM
I would like to find a new pair of half chaps that would go on OVER my spurs. My very first pair of Ariats would accommodate the spurs fairly well (although I did eventually spring the elastic down the back heels), but my current ones (Ariat Oxfords) come down too far and require the spurs on the outside of the chaps. Any suggestions?

Also, are many of you now wearing half chaps instead of tall boots in recognized events?

Thanks,

SD

inquisitive
Dec. 2, 2009, 08:31 AM
Not sure if they would fit over spurs but I love my Pro Chaps

No :)

AUeventer
Dec. 2, 2009, 06:46 PM
I have the tredstep trimline legging. They are my first tredsteps after using ariats for over ten years. I LOVE them. Very durable, perfect fit. Spurs fit very nicely under them.

eevents11
Dec. 2, 2009, 07:01 PM
tredstep extreme smooth leather, bit pricey but they are awesome, fit well, well made.

ShayDarra
Dec. 2, 2009, 09:15 PM
Thanks! Will try on Tredsteps when I go to the tack store on Sat. Not sure which styles they carry, but I know there are two different ones. One is suede and the other smooth leather.

Appreciate the feedback.

SD

eventingismylife
Dec. 3, 2009, 07:30 PM
I love my Dublin Suede half chaps: http://www.doversaddlery.com/product.asp?pn=X1-35533&EID=X1803383&TID=GOOGLE-N
I have had one pair for over 3 years while riding 6 times a week. Love them.

lstevenson
Dec. 3, 2009, 09:01 PM
I love the Ovation half chaps...extremely lightweight and stretchy. They feel like a second skin. And they go on over spurs.

ShayDarra
Dec. 3, 2009, 10:51 PM
Hey! Thanks everyone! Now I have several new options to try. It's so much fun to shop for new horse "stuff".

Appreciate the feedback!

SD