PDA

View Full Version : 14" beval Princeton

shoponee70
Dec. 1, 2009, 04:06 PM
what do you guys think of this saddle?
Farm house has one, used, in great shape, its 600 ngo. ....
for my niece who rides occassionally ---- who wishes it was way more than occasionally....

what do you guys think? I let her tool around in mine when she comes to visit. THis just looked perfect for her and mom and grandmom were thinking we may all pitch in.

Let me know what you guys think of this for a starter saddle. its actually more chocolate than the picture shows.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/photo.php?pid=30377740&id=1284401225

LaBonnieBon
Dec. 2, 2009, 10:22 PM
I don't know what the regular prices are.... but I got a lightly used Beval Devon for $300. It has the nice smooth leather and my pony jock loves it. If your niece is only going to use it occasionally, I would go used to help with the break in period.

Tha Ridge
Dec. 2, 2009, 11:22 PM
Ditto that I think you can do better, considering I sold a Beval Devon 2000 (not pony-sized, either) a few months ago for around $300.

shoponee70
Dec. 3, 2009, 09:36 AM
hmm.. im surprised that the devons are going so cheap..thanks for the input.. I will look around a bit more.

alterknowbetter
Dec. 3, 2009, 10:05 AM
IMO, the saddle is overpriced. I would DEFINITELY offer less money for the saddle. I bought one, (a 13") in very good shape, complete with safety stirrups and good quality leathers (in very good shape as well) for $375 THREE YEARS AGO - before the economy tanked.

shoponee70
Dec. 3, 2009, 10:30 AM
wow.. im surprised.. i might call the store and see if there was some kind of an error on the priciing they are usually REALLY competitive and will bend over backwards to make something work for you.. hmmmm will keep you posted.. =) thanks for the input!

Marimee2
Dec. 3, 2009, 10:39 AM
I have bought two Beval Stamfords for less than $500 ea. I would definately shop around!
The Stamford is a great little saddle too!

BeastieSlave
Dec. 3, 2009, 09:11 PM
Didn't I see some nice little people sized Beval and Crosby saddles on eBay recently?