PDA

View Full Version : Hunter Barns around Newnan, GA?

tarragon
Nov. 30, 2009, 07:08 PM
I have a friend moving to the Newnan area and she needs a hunter barn. I told her of a couple I know of, but I'm a dressage rider and I keep my horse at my trainer's barn on the SE side of Atlanta, so I'm not very familiar with the local Newnan barns.

I'm not sure of her exact specifics, but I thought maybe I could just give her a list of local barns and she could narrow them down.

Feel free to PM me. Thanks!

Summit Springs Farm
Nov. 30, 2009, 07:50 PM
Try www.GHJA.org :)

alteringwego
Nov. 30, 2009, 10:04 PM
Harrison Ford is in Newnan, GA. Can't comment on him as a trainer because I've never worked with him. But I know he's in the area.

barndad
Nov. 30, 2009, 11:02 PM
Harrison and Danielle Ford at Hillford Farm are good folks and we have friends who trian with them. They wiill be very tough to beat in that area.

fancyfooted
Dec. 1, 2009, 06:23 PM
I will also vote for Hillford. They do an excellent job!

auburnhunter
Dec. 3, 2009, 10:31 PM
We have been very happy with Harrison and Danielle's training and with their care of the horses.

ChocoMare
Dec. 4, 2009, 08:17 AM
Shoot a PM to Freebird! She's a trainer at Shady Creek in Sharpsburg but has lived/ridden in that area for 20 years. She knows 'em all! ;)

geehh
Dec. 7, 2009, 11:23 AM
Harrison and Danielle are great--my daughter's been riding with them for the past few years.

Check them out at
www.hillfordfarm.net for more details.

trail blazer
Dec. 8, 2009, 12:07 AM
Also, Scott Armour. We have a friend who trains with him. He does both the GHJA and A show circuit. Not sure of the barn name, but it's probably listed in the GHJA directory.

Freebird!
Dec. 13, 2009, 11:23 PM
Scott's farm is Quail Ridge Farm: http://www.quail-ridgefarm.com/
(He was one of my very first trainers, back when he taught at Tamingo farms - he's great)

Meadow Wood farm is the one near us: http://www.meadowwoodfarm.net/
(I used to board there years ago, and knew Brittany when she rode ponies.)

Meadow Wood has local shows - GHJA - SHJG - Britches and Boots - at their farm, which is nice, plus they go to tons of shows as well. (Scott does too)

Of course I am a bit bias, and love my farm the best, but mainly because we have 20 acres of amazing trails. I only go to a few local shows a year though, and right now our barn is full of Western Boarders - who are all great though!
www.shadycreektrainer.com

There are many more in Newnan - mainly it depends on what she wants to do - local shows, A shows, out of state shows, etc.