PDA

View Full Version : Got my boots from La Casa De Las Botas...

FrenchFrytheEqHorse
Nov. 30, 2009, 02:01 PM
And I LOVE them. They are incredibly beautiful, and fit like a glove. I am so glad I got measured by my local Dehner/Vogel dealer- I am thinking it really made the difference between boots that fit perfectly, and boots that just fit okay. The leather is soft and supple, and the craftsmanship is beautiful. They're a little tight across the instep, but I'm sure they will stretch out over the next few weeks. I am told this type of tightness is normal with custom boots in the beginning.

Best part? I placed my order 2.5 weeks ago. And they were delivered this morning! I would absolutely recommend LCdlB to anyone looking for a less expensive pair of custom boots- I paid $590 for mine, and they are awesome. Their sales rep, Su, was in constant contact, and responded to all of my emails within hours. Very impressed with this company, and very pleased with the final product.

Sunday Best
Nov. 30, 2009, 03:01 PM
FrenchFrytheEqHorse, What model of the boots did you get? In terms of leather quality, how do they compare to some of the popular more expensive brands? (Der Dau, Sergio Grasso, Ariat Monacos, etc...)

...I am seriously considering ordering a pair.. they sound lovely!

FrenchFrytheEqHorse
Nov. 30, 2009, 03:29 PM
I got the Martin Mayos, slightly modified, as I wanted a punched toe cap. This modification didn't cost anything extra, and was extremely easy to add by simply sending Su an email.

Unfortunately, I can't speak personally as to the comparable quality of these boots, as my last pair were 8+ year old shelf boots that just happened to fit me perfectly. I have seen and touched the Sergios and Monacos, and would say that the leather is perhaps a bit thinner on the Mayos, but definitely not in an alarming way. Also, considering the price difference between these and the aforementioned boots, I think these will be a much better value.

I did have a pair of Koenig semi-customs as a young teen, and would say they didn't come close to these boots as far as suppleness and quality of the leather. Also, the "trimmings" on the Mayos are fantastic- all the snaps, stitching, zippers, etc, are just impeccable. I really can't say enough good things about these boots. I will try to post a pic.

Sunday Best
Nov. 30, 2009, 04:07 PM
Thanks for the info... they sound great! I would love to see photos if you do end up getting them!

Summit Springs Farm
Nov. 30, 2009, 04:17 PM
PICS!!! Please, I have been thinking of trying them too! So glad you had a great experience!

Best View
Nov. 30, 2009, 04:30 PM
What leather choice did you get?